The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Haha nub I put out your fire
witcher3_2015_05_22_19_59_34_266.png

Managed to get 2560x running on my 1989 screen
witcher3_2015_05_22_23_09_10_337.png

witcher3_2015_05_22_23_14_39_454.png

Soldato
The Souls games and Bloodborne, Mount and Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur (boring as everything else about that game was, the combat was tight and fun), both Dragon Age sequels, both Mass Effect sequels, Dragon's Dogma, to name but a few. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Witcher games, but characters, story and setting have been their strong points for me.

Soldato
Gone ahead and bought a 980 GTX. Was going to buy a Titan X but all out of stock here in NZ by the looks. Got lucky with the price too. Around 340GBP 2nd hand and 3 weeks old as per receipt. While this game looks great on my 7950, this price was too good to pass on. Should get about $200 bucks for my current card which makes this a decent purchase.

Soldato
Was reading the Nvidia forms and there's lots of people on Kepler GPUs (like 780ti, 780, 760 etc) freaking out as their cards are under performing by a good margin. Nvidia rep responded saying: "We discovered a couple of issues in regards to Kepler GPUs and are working on driver updates". So quite possibly another driver soon that will boost their performance a lot.

Here's a FPS comparison for the 780 Ti

Caporegime
Was reading the Nvidia forms and there's lots of people on Kepler GPUs (like 780ti, 780, 760 etc) freaking out as their cards are under performing by a good margin. Nvidia rep responded saying: "We discovered a couple of issues in regards to Kepler GPUs and are working on driver updates". So quite possibly another driver soon that will boost their performance a lot.

Here's a FPS comparison for the 780 Ti

It isn't surprising though, especially with hairworks on. Nvidia have said all along that Maxwell is just simply a lot more efficient at tessellation than kepler.

Whilst on paper a 780Ti is a powerful card, i think people forget that maxwell is a new architecture and therefore brings in many new efficiencies that the 780TI can't match with its raw power.

However, in some of those scenes the difference does seem a bit extreme so hopefully Nvidia can do something with the driver for kepler cards.

Soldato
Just did a quest that was recommended level 13. There wasn't even any combat! I just went and bought something from a merchant and that was it.

Oh, and the alternate yrden spell is well OP!

Soldato
Encountered my first bug :D

Deep inside a cave during a quest, starts hammering down with rain :) other than that, compared to other open worlders its been quite bug free (from what ive seen :D)

Soldato
Sorted so ignore below.

I have just put a point into the 2nd level of the IGNI sign for the alternate mode of IGNI where it fires a stream of fire, or so it says, and the game told me the way to trigger that, using an XBox One controller, is to hold down the RT, whereas firing a sign is just press RT.

The thing is if I hold down RT it just fires the standard IGNI. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom