The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I just reached Novigrad and suddenly I am noticing some really poor textures, especially on walls. Lots of jaggies too.

Does anyone know if it is possible to alter fall damage?...I just did a quest where I had to follow someone. He jumped off of a ledge and continued walking. I jumped off and nearly died!

Soldato
Lol that sounds ridiculous!

I cant imagine you can alter it though...

Quite a few people saying it. I'd be surprised if they didn't patch it at some point.

Also, there will no doubt be mods that tweak a lot of stuff too. I think the game needs mods/patches to tweak at least the following for me:
1. Fall damage
2. Gear degradation rates. I'd have the option to turn it off all together personally, I jsut see it as a chore. Atm though it degrades too fast imo.
3. Bartering(sell some stuff far too cheaply atm). It isn't bad, but could do with a tweak
4. Quick slots. Only having two is bad design. I just end up going in to the menu 2 or 3 times before each fight to get prepared. It is unnecessarily cumbersome as it is, especially as(correct me if I am wrong) you can't use potions from menus(?)
5. Level requirements on some items and level recommendations on some quests feel a bit off.
6. Almost forgot. Please for the love of God, I hope they stop Geralt sheathing his sword automatically, and at inconvenient times.
7. Improve responsiveness of Roach, and especially in combat of throwing bombs.
8. Combat camera is not great, could be much better.

Last edited:
Associate
6. Almost forgot. Please for the love of God, I hope they stop Geralt sheathing his sword automatically, and at inconvenient times.

Yes this is very annoying, the amount of times I've gone in for an attack and end up punching because hes sheathed his sword automatically for no reason

Soldato
4. Quick slots. Only having two is bad design. I just end up going in to the menu 2 or 3 times before each fight to get prepared. It is unnecessarily cumbersome as it is, especially as(correct me if I am wrong) you can't use potions from menus(?)

You can consume potions by pressing X when highlighting them in the menu *360 pad

Soldato
Excellent! Thanks. I thought it was odd. Strangely, it doesn't say that for me at the bottom of the screen where it tells you the other buttons, but it does work.

Had 2 crashes today. Both driver related though.

Soldato
I just reached Novigrad and suddenly I am noticing some really poor textures, especially on walls. Lots of jaggies too.

Does anyone know if it is possible to alter fall damage?...I just did a quest where I had to follow someone. He jumped off of a ledge and continued walking. I jumped off and nearly died!

The fall damage is ****ing terrible. The big bad Witcher can't jump down a 4 foot drop without losing half his health.

Associate
Did anyone else have to battle two of those well wraith skanks? I didn't know what the hell was going on... one minute there was one, she summoned a load more, then there were two and they both kept summoning more. The mission was completed after I killed one but the other was still alive.

I ended up with two wraith heads :D

Soldato
Did anyone else have to battle two of those well wraith skanks? I didn't know what the hell was going on... one minute there was one, she summoned a load more, then there were two and they both kept summoning more. The mission was completed after I killed one but the other was still alive.

I ended up with two wraith heads :D

I think one of the early Wraiths you come across can summon others so you have to focus on that one and get rid of it quickly.

Andi.

Caporegime
This is really odd!!

If I set VSYNC OFF - Frame Rate Unlimited, I get lots of frame skips and awful stuttering in The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt. Frame rates hit about 75/80fps

If I set VSYNC OFF - Frame Rate Capped in The Witcher 3 , I get stuttering in The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

If I set VSYNC OFF - Frame Rate Capped 70-75 in MSI I don't get any frame skips or stuttering

:confused:

144HZ Monitor

Associate
This is really odd!!

If I set VSYNC OFF - Frame Rate Unlimited, I get lots of frame skips and awful stuttering in The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt. Frame rates hit about 75/80fps

If I set VSYNC OFF - Frame Rate Capped in The Witcher 3 , I get stuttering in The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

If I set VSYNC OFF - Frame Rate Capped 70-75 in MSI I don't get any frame skips or stuttering

144HZ Monitor

Perhaps because 70-75 would be approx half your monitors refresh rate. So providing your frame rate never drops below this capped amount, you will get smooth steady animations in 'sync' with your monitors refresh rate (i.e. 1 frame for every 2 monitor refreshes).

The rest of the options you describe above fall outwith that sweetspot.

I find that the Witcher 3 is one of those games that really doesn't look good when the frames are running out of sync with the refresh rate of the monitor.

With that said, I really don't understand anyone who chooses to run their games with V-sync OFF. Why tolerate screen tearing when you don't have to? Having the screen tear is just about the most immersion breaking unaesthetic thing in video gaming.

Permabanned
This is really odd!!

144HZ Monitor

I have msi capped at 70fps as well. Wonder if that is why I don't get the stutter as well LOL.

Back
Top Bottom