• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Permabanned
As it's not a multiplayer game I doubt CDPR give a damn ...

You are missing the point, if you are running this and then you decide to play something else it will be picked up by whatever game you are playing. CDPR ban.... no m8 if you run this and play say BF it will probs detect a cheat engine running........

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm about 30 hours in. I keep getting chills up my spin when doing quests. The murder of all the people in the small village by some Lord, the old lady looking after all the kids and what follows, werewolf quests, the poor kids who have lost their parents. The murdered lovers! Then the god dam tree started talking to me. This stuff is awesome.

Someone has taken so much time with all the little details here, the burnt letters, the diaries, the npc taking in the back ground. Its got to the point that this game has turned into... just one more quest, just one more question mark.

Soldato
Gaah! The camera really does infuriate me at times. Doing a quests where I am following witcher senses, something is highlighted slightly up on a wall and the camera can't go up enough for me to activate it!... Reminds me of watchdogs, where you had an ability to disable helicopters, but nobody could use it as the camera never let you look up at them when they were above you!

Soldato
Wow.

This is some game. Phenomenal. Huge. Detailed.

I've just played for 4.5hrs and didn’t even realise it!

Wouldn’t have finished either if I didn’t have to go to work tomorrow. Usually I cant play games for more than 1hr before I get bored.

I’m lucky as well as my 970 is stellar at 1200p. Max settings / everything on and it looks great.

Last edited:
Associate
Witcher 2 however, is a masterpiece, and it would be a great shame if you were to miss this title simply because you chose to play the Witcher 3 first. I played through the Witcher 2 twice, and each time, was a totally different game, due to me purposely making different choices each time. Think there is something like 32 different paths that a gamer can take through the Witcher 2 in total.

Great game, stunning visuals, great characters, dialogue, story, fun combat as well (better combat than TW3 imo). Only gripe is that it isn't 'open world', with invisible barriers a plenty (which is something I hate).

Get the Witcher 2, play it through, and then import your save game into Witcher 3 (choices you made in 2 will affect events in 3).

Cheers for the advice mate, I've bought the Witcher 2 and I'm downloading it now. Looking forward to playing both games :p

I've played a fair hefty chunk of the game, feel as if I'm reaching the end almost, and I was wondering what people are thinking about what's wrong with the game? Obviously the game is good, great even, but as I play more and more, my personal list of gripes become more obvious:

Looting - Should be easier, and should take less time overall. Trying to position the camera in just the right angle to ensure that you're opening the right container can become quite tedious after many attempts.

Inventory Management - Probably my biggest gripe atm. The menu's are just terribly designed and waste so much space with that black border around everything. Alchemy ingredients and the like are all thrown together into one single tab with little organization options. It's just a mess. Same goes for books, etc. No where to store loot... seriously? In this huge sprawling game with tons of unique weapons, armour, etc. and if I want to keep them I have to carry them around with me at all times, always keeping my weight down. Also there should have been a quick-access weapon-wheel like system found in similar open-world games e.g. allowing you to quickly swap between bombs, oil, etc.

Witcher Sense - I'm starting to hate how they implemented this into the game, it just isn't interesting from a gameplay standpoint when it is involved in missions. Hold down a button and follow a trail, look for everything in a room, etc. Doesn't feel as if I'm doing any sneaky detective-like work, instead just ticking off boxes to make sure I can progress on.

Optimization - Going from highest settings to lowest I only gain about 10 fps or so. Wish the game was more scale able, but I am running AMD, so hopefully new drivers will make the experience much smoother overall.

Control/Movement - Gotten used to it now but definitely feels somewhat clunky still. Roach is a pain to control sometimes and is just generally stupid :p Fall damage doesn't make much sense, and camera movement on controller is bugged for me and many other users, on consoles too.

Crafting - Is messed up from a design perspective in many ways currently. For instance, I ran into the trouble of finding the superior version of a bomb before I found the base version. The superior version required that you have crafted the base bomb first, but I cannot craft the base bomb anymore because the superior bomb over write the base bomb recipie, rendering bombs useless for the majority of the game (I had to hunt down a merchant in the late game to solve this problem, very unfortunate).

Soldato
Witcher 3 Hunter’s Config Tool Released

Sorry if already posted but this just been posted on my twitter.

As seen here, mods for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt started popping up soon after the release, but a really must have tool surfaced recently which enables you to access the extensive options of the game. The tool is made by MelekTaus and is called as “W3HC – Witcher 3 Hunter’s Config ” and it includes SweetFX.

Initially, PC players had to modify the *.ini files manually and it took much more patience, but with this configuration tool it can be done easily. This tool even supports a popular mod known as SweetFX (which has been earlier mentioned here).

Instructions to get the config up and running, as quoted by the dev, are as follows;

The ZIP included only one single file (W3HC-xxx.jar), just copy it into your Witcher 3-installation folder.
Starting first time: it will make a backup of your config files.
I added an 1-Click-Downloader for SweetFX (< 1 MB)
Some tooltips are not 100% accurate but I’ve done my best
The tool requires Java 7 (or higher) to be functional on the system. The *.jar file is supposed to be executed / opened with Java Runtime. The developer has left clues that the tool will keep on getting bigger and better and few missing settings are going to be fixed pretty soon.

The Mod itself can be downloaded from here.

http://www.eteknix.com/witcher-3-hunters-config-tool-released/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Heads UP
I haven't tested this software so just be-careful, nor have I heard this site before.

Associate
I've played a fair hefty chunk of the game, feel as if I'm reaching the end almost, and I was wondering what people are thinking about what's wrong with the game? Obviously the game is good, great even, but as I play more and more, my personal list of gripes become more obvious:

Looting - Should be easier, and should take less time overall. Trying to position the camera in just the right angle to ensure that you're opening the right container can become quite tedious after many attempts.

Inventory Management - Probably my biggest gripe atm. The menu's are just terribly designed and waste so much space with that black border around everything. Alchemy ingredients and the like are all thrown together into one single tab with little organization options. It's just a mess. Same goes for books, etc. No where to store loot... seriously? In this huge sprawling game with tons of unique weapons, armour, etc. and if I want to keep them I have to carry them around with me at all times, always keeping my weight down. Also there should have been a quick-access weapon-wheel like system found in similar open-world games e.g. allowing you to quickly swap between bombs, oil, etc.

Witcher Sense - I'm starting to hate how they implemented this into the game, it just isn't interesting from a gameplay standpoint when it is involved in missions. Hold down a button and follow a trail, look for everything in a room, etc. Doesn't feel as if I'm doing any sneaky detective-like work, instead just ticking off boxes to make sure I can progress on.

Optimization - Going from highest settings to lowest I only gain about 10 fps or so. Wish the game was more scale able, but I am running AMD, so hopefully new drivers will make the experience much smoother overall.

Control/Movement - Gotten used to it now but definitely feels somewhat clunky still. Roach is a pain to control sometimes and is just generally stupid :p Fall damage doesn't make much sense, and camera movement on controller is bugged for me and many other users, on consoles too.

Crafting - Is messed up from a design perspective in many ways currently. For instance, I ran into the trouble of finding the superior version of a bomb before I found the base version. The superior version required that you have crafted the base bomb first, but I cannot craft the base bomb anymore because the superior bomb over write the base bomb recipie, rendering bombs useless for the majority of the game (I had to hunt down a merchant in the late game to solve this problem, very unfortunate).

That's really poor if upgraded recipes overwrite the base recipe - haven't stumbled upon that problem yet, but I'll be damn annoyed if I do. Agree with the rest of your post too ... great game with loads of content but many little niggles that could have been eradicated with another few months of polish and playtesting.

zia

zia

Associate
Found something which annoys me is that if create 2 swallow potios it will not allow me to make more for some reason have all the ingredients.have plenty of storage.no where near weight limit either.

Zia

Soldato
Found something which annoys me is that if create 2 swallow potios it will not allow me to make more for some reason have all the ingredients.have plenty of storage.no where near weight limit either.

Zia

Meditate (press N) for any length of time and the game will consume an Alchorest (alchemy ingredient) to restock all potions and bombs. It'll also restore your health to full.

Soldato
From my experience, I would suggest not installing the 1.04 patch. I have had 3 hard crashes since installing it.

I had several soft crashes in 1.02 (especially in the inventory screen), 1.03 fixed these for me but 1.04 is worse than 1.02 :(

Soldato

Pretty much summoned it up. Spent a lot of wasted time trying to get in the right position to click loot in some areas. I try to avoid using Roach as much as possible, does'nt always come to you when whistled. Gets stuck sometimes, so you have to run a little distance, then whistle him again.
I have an issue when pressing Tab, I select the sign, bomb or crossbow, but find when i go to use it, either get the wrong sign or no bomb or crossbow.
It is only because the game is so fantastic and engrossing, that I can put up with this.
One thing I have noticed in this game, you have to save often. I failed a secondary mission because of a choice I made at the beginning of it. Got to the end and then fond out I had failed. Went back through some of my "few saves" I had and none would get me anywhere near were I needed to be. Hopefully wont make that mistake again.:D

Back
Top Bottom