• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Pretty funny, got given a family legendary sword and they made it sound amazing. Looked at it after the cut scene and it is worse than one I got from a mob outside the place. dropped it in front of the guy and left HA!

Soldato
Playing on hard at the moment - had a game on medium which I got to L20 but wanted to re-do the content with a greater challenge.

The game already feels a bit too easy on Hard now, as I've got the griffon set with an upgrade blue mutagen (upgraded igni) & my alternative fire seems far too strong. One full burst shreds the armour allowed for a few melle hits to kill.

The burn effect usually kicks in making any 1 vs 1 (vs anything) not that challenging, as they are stunned 80% of the time (stamina regen pretty high w/ right talents). Don't particularly want to restart the game again, but don't want to play on hardest knowing I wont get the achievement unless I restart :/.

Does this game have a 'dark-mode'?

Last edited:
Associate
Playing on hard at the moment - had a game on medium which I got to L20 but wanted to re-do the content with a greater challenge.

The game already feels a bit too easy on Hard now, as I've got the griffon set with an upgrade blue mutagen (upgraded igni) & my alternative fire seems far too strong. One full burst shreds the armour allowed for a few melle hits to kill.

The burn effect usually kicks in making any 1 vs 1 (vs anything) not that challenging, as they are stunned 80% of the time (stamina regen pretty high w/ right talents). Don't particularly want to restart the game again, but don't want to play on hardest knowing I wont get the achievement unless I restart :/.

Does this game have a 'dark-mode'?

mind telling/showing what skills you chose?

I personally am finding it still a bit hard on the sword and blood setting. level 10

Soldato
Im playing on the sword and blood and I still get stomped a lot 12 hours in... but i am only level 4 though lol!

Loving this game so far though. One thing that i have found to be a pain is on the current difficulty as health doesnt regen so i am eating tonnes and finding food/ paying for it is a pain.

I did slaughter a herd of 14 deer though the other day with my crossbow which proved beneficial if not slightly sadistic

Soldato
Im playing on the sword and blood and I still get stomped a lot 12 hours in... but i am only level 4 though lol!

Loving this game so far though. One thing that i have found to be a pain is on the current difficulty as health doesnt regen so i am eating tonnes and finding food/ paying for it is a pain.

I did slaughter a herd of 14 deer though the other day with my crossbow which proved beneficial if not slightly sadistic

Needs must!

Food is expensive.

Soldato
Only restores your health on baby mode. Be a man and play on a harder setting :)

I don't think I am good enough at combat to use hard mode. Unlike Batman and Shadow of Mordor, I find it hard to react to other enemies hits, especially the likes of Drowners.

Questions
Do you use roll or side-step when in combat?
Does this change depending on the enemy?
Is it possible to counter an attack from behind by pressing that direction and parry?
Or do you simply keep rolling away and using Signs?
Is it poor to use your bludgeoning arrows and let them bleed? :)

Soldato
From my experience, I would suggest not installing the 1.04 patch. I have had 3 hard crashes since installing it.

I had several soft crashes in 1.02 (especially in the inventory screen), 1.03 fixed these for me but 1.04 is worse than 1.02 :(

I'd think about a reinstall of the game and probably Windows, I've had two crashes I think so far.

Andi.

Soldato
I don't think I am good enough at combat to use hard mode. Unlike Batman and Shadow of Mordor, I find it hard to react to other enemies hits, especially the likes of Drowners.

Questions
Do you use roll or side-step when in combat?
Does this change depending on the enemy?
Is it possible to counter an attack from behind by pressing that direction and parry?
Or do you simply keep rolling away and using Signs?
Is it poor to use your bludgeoning arrows and let them bleed? :)

Dodge instead of roll whenever you can, as it doesn't eat up your stamina, whereas rolling does. Means you can keep your quen up and use other signs more often. I'm on blood and bones and it seems to get easier as you progress. I did drop down at one point because my save was zero health, no potions and right before a boss fight so I couldn't meditate.

I bound Dodge and block to my mouse side keys and that made combat much better for me. Strong attack is now right click and senses are middle click. Makes more sense to me.

Associate

if you meditate you get your health back i believe, save your food for during combat.

Soldato
Not liking what they've done with the latest patch. Drop of a couple of fps for me, with a worse look.

You can set texturemipbias to 0 in the user.settings file (found under documents/witcher 3) that sets it back to what it was. Your texture settings in game will show low, but apparently all the ultra or high (whatever you had it at) are unaffected.

Associate
New patch is unstable as hell for me,reverted to 1.03

Regarding difficulty,Im playing on blood and broken bones,the start of the game is brutal,not having the potions/.decotions/bombs makes it a nightmare.Once you hit around level 10/11 and move the MQ line upto Novigrad,all of a sudden it doesnt seem so hard.Mostly because you have invested some skillpoints and gathered most of the alchemy recipes.Pretty similar to TW2 difficulty curve,start of the game brutal,but as you progress it feels easier.

Ekimmara Decotion is your friend,i always have that equip now,it restores vitality on dealing damage

Back
Top Bottom