• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Had a very long session underground last night. Followed the witch questline to the hideout thinking it wouldn't be that long. It must've taken me 2 hours to finally loot everything in there and work my way through it! Awesome fun. Finally found out how I'm meant to remove the 'illusions' I found at the back of the tomb for the Griffin treasure hunt.

Hit level 8 now, got myself a full set of Griffin armour + swords. I just can't decide what to do next. I wanna keep exploring but if I do that I'm gonna end up massively overlevelling the main quest ><

Soldato
I'm probably a little bit over-levelled tbh. Exploring is great, but all of the main quests are about 5 levels below me now.

I spent a fair bit of time getting the Griffin Armour, but I don't like it tbh. Much prefer the cat armour.

Soldato
Hmmm, so I have the game as a freebe but am trying to sell it. I do love rpg, and open world stuff, but never got in to Skyrim enough, no idea why. I couldnt get in to TES Oblivion either.
I never played the Witcher 1, and got a little way in to the Witcher 2 but couldnt get past some enemies and stopped playing.
Now flipping a coin on weather to keep trying to sell this or actually give it a play!

Soldato
GOG Galaxy isn't the slickest client ever, if the new DLC hadn't been mentioned I'd have been none the wiser. The fact it's in beta is no excuse as they have plenty of others out there to see what's needed in a gaming client.

Oh slightly off topic, I just had a couple of hot and spicy sausages from Tesco's hot deli counter and they were so nice.

Soldato
I'm probably a little bit over-levelled tbh. Exploring is great, but all of the main quests are about 5 levels below me now.

I spent a fair bit of time getting the Griffin Armour, but I don't like it tbh. Much prefer the cat armour.

Never seen the hunt for the Cat armour. Got a stupid number of diagrams and hunts for gear 20-30 levels above me though ><

Was doing the level 6 main quest in Velen last night. Find a sword blueprint called Harpy. Level 37!

Soldato
^^Yeah, it's very basic atm. It has some interesting planned features, but it isn't great right now.

The cat armour has quite an interesting story to it as well, and sends you to some interesting places. It is light armour based around crit damage. IT also has better armour rating than the Griffin armour(though I suppose when linked with mutagens that would change?). I just really like the way it looks though. Seems like the most natural kind of armour for Geralt to wear imo.

Last edited:
Permabanned
GOG Galaxy isn't the slickest client ever, if the new DLC hadn't been mentioned I'd have been none the wiser. The fact it's in beta is no excuse as they have plenty of others out there to see what's needed in a gaming client.

Oh slightly off topic, I just had a couple of hot and spicy sausages from Tesco's hot deli counter and they were so nice.

Lucky you can even see it on GoG, restarted it 3 times and still only showing the two old DLC :D

^^Yeah, it's very basic atm. It has some interesting planned features, but it isn't great right now.

The cat armour has quite an interesting story to it as well, and sends you to some interesting places. It is light armour based around crit damage. IT also has better armour rating than the Griffin armour(though I suppose when linked with mutagens that would change?). I just really like the way it looks though. Seems like the most natural kind of armour for Geralt to wear imo.

Griffin Armour makes me feel like the freaking Green Arrow :(

Associate
Hmmm, so I have the game as a freebe but am trying to sell it. I do love rpg, and open world stuff, but never got in to Skyrim enough, no idea why. I couldnt get in to TES Oblivion either.
I never played the Witcher 1, and got a little way in to the Witcher 2 but couldnt get past some enemies and stopped playing.
Now flipping a coin on weather to keep trying to sell this or actually give it a play!

I'd say play it. Im not that into rpg, couldn't get into mass effect or dragon age played a bit of witcher 2 but wasn't impressed.

I got this free and I'm Really enjoying. Seems to be more action than talking as its open world with lots of quest/roaming to do.

Soldato
Picked this up after buying my new GTX960. Worth playing or sell on the code?

also, would I have needed to play the other Witcher games to understand any of the storyline? :)

EDIT: Above seems to have answered my question :p

Soldato
So, I accidentally sold the Witcher armor and starter swords (No idea who to)... Am I boned for the upgrades later on now or can I still make the decent witcher armor?

Soldato
So, I accidentally sold the Witcher armor and starter swords (No idea who to)... Am I boned for the upgrades later on now or can I still make the decent witcher armor?

You will be fine. You find plenty of new gear and schematics so you can create new versions.

I have been looking at the merchant mod that changes how much they give you for items, and imo I think vanilla is actually really good and doesn't need changing. You can get decent prices for things, but it is usually stuff that you can use for other things like alchemy and crafting so you are kind of sacrificing it. You can get decent gold for your stuff, but you might have to sell something you might need later. I think it works well.

What does need tweaking more is rewards for contracts, which can be low, and haggling, which is pretty pointless atm.

Geralt- 'I want 300'
villager- 'Are you mad, I don't have that kind of money!'
Geralt- '299?'
Villager- 'That seems fair'

Last edited:
Soldato
You will be fine. You find plenty of new gear and schematics so you can create new versions.

I have been looking at the merchant mod that changes how much they give you for items, and imo I think vanilla is actually really good and doesn't need changing. You can get decent prices for things, but it is usually stuff that you can use for other things like alchemy and crafting so you are kind of sacrificing it. You can get decent gold for your stuff, but you might have to sell something you might need later. I think it works well.

What does need tweaking more is rewards for contracts, which can be low, and haggling, which is pretty pointless atm.

Geralt- 'I want 300'
villager- 'Are you mad, I don't have that kind of money!'
Geralt- '299?'
Villager- 'That seems fair'

Reminds me of Partridge when he buys his new house

Alan - how much is it?
Estate agent - it's on at £350,000
Alan - will you take 34....9?
Estate agent - yes

Alan - My 5 bedroom ******* house !

Back
Top Bottom