• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Funny thing is, witchers don't haggle..... No idea why they added that little feature.

It seems like a complete afterthought. Another one yesterday: I asked for, iirc, 250, and the villager said 'make it a couple of orens less'...Now, unless my maths has deserted me, a couple less would be 248, but that was apparently not good enough and he refused outright!

^:D

Soldato
I am getting a tad frustrated by bag space. Repeatedly running out and having to break down countless items to free up space yet never seem to use any of these items.

Associate
It seems like a complete afterthought. Another one yesterday: I asked for, iirc, 250, and the villager said 'make it a couple of orens less'...Now, unless my maths has deserted me, a couple less would be 248, but that was apparently not good enough and he refused outright!

^:D

Yeah I had the start price of 235 and the chance to ask for 270 on one item, He basically wouldn't go above 237 which made me waste 5 minutes of haggling and the promise never to do it again. Just not worth the money you make versus the effort you put in.

Permabanned
Yeah I had the start price of 235 and the chance to ask for 270 on one item, He basically wouldn't go above 237 which made me waste 5 minutes of haggling and the promise never to do it again. Just not worth the money you make versus the effort you put in.

It is a pretty stupid feature, best bet really is just raise it by 20 each time, they always seem to accept that and hey its 20 extra coins.

Associate
For those complaining about bag space, you can get better saddle bags from some merchants...

Got an enhanced saddle bag from a chest in the ruins where you find the botchling during the bloody baron quest line.

Soldato
big sandle bag = job done

Yeah exactly. Bit of horse racing and you can get 100 extra space, get a decent saddle while you're at it too.

I have made a good chunk on haggling, but I agree it's only really relevant early on when you are skint. About to risk 1000 crowns on a game of Gwent. Wish me luck!

Soldato
Not filled my inventory slots but you become over encumbered and can't run. You can still ride and fast travel though.

Only just into Velen (or whatever it's called) and really enjoying it. Patch 1.04 with no issues. Armour DLC available from a merchant in very first village entrance at start of game iirc.

Associate
I am getting a tad frustrated by bag space. Repeatedly running out and having to break down countless items to free up space yet never seem to use any of these items.
There's a guy in Novigrad who sells a Zerrikanian (I think) saddlebag which adds 100 weight to your bags. Afraid I can't remember which one, though.

Soldato
Not filled my inventory slots but you become over encumbered and can't run. You can still ride and fast travel though.

Only just into Velen (or whatever it's called) and really enjoying it. Patch 1.04 with no issues. Armour DLC available from a merchant in very first village entrance at start of game iirc.

You're not getting NPC pop up then?

Soldato
New dlc is now showing in Galaxy for me. No details about what it is though really. 'Alternative look Yennefer'...how about a comparison? Is it done automatically?

^ I still get it. Mainly in Novigrad. Read an article about it earlier from some gaming site. No doubt they will get a fix out soon

Back
Top Bottom