The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
Yes whilst fighting humans is a lot easier than fighting the monsters, you still don't come across as powerful especially against guys with the axes, block/parry doesn't seem to work for me at all, some hits can stun you and leave you stuck for a good second or 2 as well and pretty sure there is a bug regarding this as at times, I am in close proximity to the guy and some how I get hit/stunned but.... I never saw the the guy moving :/

And yeah true that omeaka about counter/block in som, I just wish they amde it a bit more obvious what could be and couldn't countered, blocked etc. in tw3.

BTW, what is the XP bug, does that only affect the main missions or side quests? I don't really want to move on with the main quest if you don't get XP for it but at the same time, I can't really do any side quests because all them have monsters that are at least 5+ levels above me :(

Soldato
Yes whilst fighting humans is a lot easier than fighting the monsters, you still don't come across as powerful especially against guys with the axes, block/parry doesn't seem to work for me at all, some hits can stun you and leave you stuck for a good second or 2 as well and pretty sure there is a bug regarding this as at times, I am in close proximity to the guy and some how I get hit/stunned but.... I never saw the the guy moving :/

And yeah true that omeaka about counter/block in som, I just wish they amde it a bit more obvious what could be and couldn't countered, blocked etc. in tw3.

BTW, what is the XP bug, does that only affect the main missions or side quests? I don't really want to move on with the main quest if you don't get XP for it but at the same time, I can't really do any side quests because all them have monsters that are at least 5+ levels above me :(

Well you'll get there LOL even red skull humans become trivial later on. As for being stunned, were you attacking them on their block? The axe guys automatically parry you if you attack and they are blocking, treat em like monsters and dash about, can't block their swings either so if you try you'll get stunned.

Good rule to go by in W3 is if an attack looks like it could level a building, dont try and block or parry it haha ;)

XP Bug IDK mate, main quests have given me insane amounts, I went from 21-29 in about 2 hours once you get further in the main quest, not sure if side quests are mean't to always give XP but sometimes I've noticed they don't. Witcher contracts aren't bugged though.

Permabanned

XP is pretty much borked, you dont need to worry though as even though you wont get it all you will have double the amount to finish the game. If you got it all right now you really would be superman... Patch to fix it I think.

Associate
How do you get the pyres of novigrad bug? i just did that quest and didn't get it? haven't had any lost xp either come to think of it, does the xp stop at a certain level?

Permabanned
How do you get the pyres of novigrad bug? i just did that quest and didn't get it? haven't had any lost xp either come to think of it, does the xp stop at a certain level?

Nah it does not stop as such, you can do side quests and get some and then not the next time. Its a random bug and atm tbh you can finish the game and be over powered with the missing XP. The whole Xp system really needs a overhaul, but does not stop you from finishing the game.

Associate
There are two main things that are annoying me at the moment, the inconsistent levels of loot from quests and random encounters, the other is the crazy amount of fall damage that you receive.

It seems random at times, I'll either jump of a ledge or high wall and nothing will happen, or I'll drop off a small rock or ledge and take half my health away. I had a moment earlier where I was searching for a hidden treasure that was just below me on a hill, I started walking down a small steep slope and started to slide. I literally touched a small rock on the way down and caught a very tiny amount of air, I landed and died instantly. Lost about half an hour of progress on that one.

In terms of the poor loot, I've just done the master smith quest with Hattori, I did it at level 13 and I think the quest is rated level 24. The sword he gave me as a reward was level 12 and did about 30 damage less than the one I was already using :confused:

I also seem to keep finding very good swords which I've already way out levelled, guarded by touch monsters, Or I'll randomly find level 20+ swords or level 30+ diagrams in really easy places.

Seems really unbalanced at the moment, other than that I'm really enjoying it :D

Permabanned
There are two main things that are annoying me at the moment, the inconsistent levels of loot from quests and random encounters, the other is the crazy amount of fall damage that you receive.

It seems random at times, I'll either jump of a ledge or high wall and nothing will happen, or I'll drop off a small rock or ledge and take half my health away. I had a moment earlier where I was searching for a hidden treasure that was just below me on a hill, I started walking down a small steep slope and started to slide. I literally touched a small rock on the way down and caught a very tiny amount of air, I landed and died instantly. Lost about half an hour of progress on that one.

In terms of the poor loot, I've just done the master smith quest with Hattori, I did it at level 13 and I think the quest is rated level 24. The sword he gave me as a reward was level 12 and did about 30 damage less than the one I was already using :confused:

I also seem to keep finding very good swords which I've already way out levelled, guarded by touch monsters, Or I'll randomly find level 20+ swords or level 30+ diagrams in really easy places on the 360 pad, or the PS button on the ps3 pad, depends what you are using to play with.

Seems really unbalanced at the moment, other than that I'm really enjoying it :D

Yeap this sucks, but you can keep pressing f5 to quick save, it would stop you losing 30 mins of work, you would lose 5 mins tops. If you are playing with a pad you can map the x silver circle to quick save.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well you'll get there LOL even red skull humans become trivial later on. As for being stunned, were you attacking them on their block? The axe guys automatically parry you if you attack and they are blocking, treat em like monsters and dash about, can't block their swings either so if you try you'll get stunned.

Good rule to go by in W3 is if an attack looks like it could level a building, dont try and block or parry it haha ;)

XP Bug IDK mate, main quests have given me insane amounts, I went from 21-29 in about 2 hours once you get further in the main quest, not sure if side quests are mean't to always give XP but sometimes I've noticed they don't. Witcher contracts aren't bugged though.

Hmm perhaps that is why then! And yeah, I pretty much use dodge/roll all the time now regardless of who I am against, only way to be sure! :p

Ok thanks, will just do the witcher contracts for now then.

XP is pretty much borked, you dont need to worry though as even though you wont get it all you will have double the amount to finish the game. If you got it all right now you really would be superman... Patch to fix it I think.

Well I need all the xp I can get :p so will try to hold of playing too much more

Associate
Yeap this sucks, but you can keep pressing f5 to quick save, it would stop you losing 30 mins of work, you would lose 5 mins tops. If you are playing with a pad you can map the x silver circle to quick save.

How do you do this? (for mine and others benefit, as I cannot access quick save key bind from the witcher ui/menu)...

EDIT: LMGTFY -> https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro/releases this free program claims to be able to map keyboard keys to xbox controller buttons, so I guess you could use this or another program to map the F5 key!

EDIT 2: Works nicely, it emulates keyboard keys, so you just configure it to emulate the F5 key with the "Guide" button as it's called in the program, leave it running in the background, works well - will definitely save me a lot of back ache reaching for the keyboard every 5 minutes!!

Last edited:
Permabanned
How do you do this? (for mine and others benefit, as I cannot access quick save key bind from the witcher ui/menu)...

EDIT: LMGTFY -> https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro/releases this free program claims to be able to map keyboard keys to xbox controller buttons, so I guess you could use this or another program to map the F5 key!

EDIT 2: Works nicely, it emulates keyboard keys, so you just configure it to emulate the F5 key with the "Guide" button as it's called in the program, leave it running in the background, works well - will definitely save me a lot of back ache reaching for the keyboard every 5 minutes!!

Yeap that is what I would have linked. Seems to be the best option, there are quite a few programs that do this, hell someone even made custom drivers just so you can map the guide button but they all seem to stop working after awhile. The linked one is by far the most stable. Very handy to be able to map quick save for pads when playing rpgs I do wonder why game devs do not auto map the guide button just for quick saves.

Some people use a program called guidecall as well, but I have never tested that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving this, still early on in the game as I don't get much time to game.

The only thing that is getting annoying is the lack of a quick load. Playing last night 'Wandering in the Dark' and got killed a whole lot. It seemed that I spent most of my time waiting for the game to load to try a new tactic to die and wait for it to load again.

Soldato

The only thing that is getting annoying is the lack of a quick load. Playing last night 'Wandering in the Dark' and got killed a whole lot. It seemed that I spent most of my time waiting for the game to load to try a new tactic to die and wait for it to load again.

It is so damn annoying that you cannot skip past that everytime you load the game. Once you've had the recap once, you don't need it over and over again everything you reload.

Permabanned

If you have a SSD whack it on that, loading when I died took forever but as soon as I copied it to the SSD it now loads much much faster.

Soldato

I did this last night... and also died a lot... tbh I found the whole thing very tedious. Having to fight another golem at the end too was just 1 step too far, I had zero left in the way of food/drink and only half health. Plus my weapons seem to be very ineffective. Eventually I had to settle for dodge and using igni to slowly ware him down, took about 10mins :(

Loving the game otherwise, that is the only quest so far I found to be tedious.

Back
Top Bottom