• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Apparently books of short stories don't sell, so they skipped the second book of stories and went straight to the start of the novels. The problem with that is that the short stories, as well as setting the scene are more "Witcher" stories about the daily life of a witcher killing monsters and spins on well known fairytales. The novels with their longer story arc is less about Geralt, and more about other things (no spoilers).

If you can't wait years for more translations and don't speak Polish or Spanish, there are some decent fan translations of the other books.

Soldato
There is a ton of new footage out there today.. im talking hours of it and it looks glorious! Theres also a lot of UI options for the person that wanted to know above. You can turn off pretty much everything on the UI if you want too from what iv seen.

Soldato
I don't think they should have released so much footage so soon before launch, takes some of the excitement away surrounding it.

Who's watching it in its entirety anyway, there's bound to be spoilers.

Caporegime
I don't think they should have released so much footage so soon before launch, takes some of the excitement away surrounding it.

Who's watching it in its entirety anyway, there's bound to be spoilers.

There are rather large spoilers for whole missions, especially if you watch the gameplay one where Geralt is in the Swamp.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE

apparently on ultra with a single 980

That doesn't look that impressive for Ultra, that's how I'd expect the game to look on PS4. Slightly concerning when it doesn't look like they've pushed the envelope that far on PC, suggests they've primarily been concerned with developing for the console first.

take in to account youtubes awful compression, the poster even mentions it in his top comment that it looks much better in person than on his vid. i dont like the overly contrasty look that they have gone for though

Thats Xbox one footage, hence pressing buttons A and B......

Soldato
Oh I never knew, well I play PC games so I have the pleasure of using a mouse so I guess I wouldn't know.

I used to,be exclusively keyboard and mouse on PC but some games do lend themselves well to a joypad. Shadow of Mordor is one and I found it easier to do various key combo's on the pad than try and stretch my old fingers round the keyboard and miss the key(s) I'm after.

Soldato
I used to,be exclusively keyboard and mouse on PC but some games do lend themselves well to a joypad. Shadow of Mordor is one and I found it easier to do various key combo's on the pad than try and stretch my old fingers round the keyboard and miss the key(s) I'm after.

Agreed, I've found a lot of recent games are designed with controllers in mind anyway unlike a couple of years ago where it was a bit of a mixed bag. I also have my main gaming PC hooked up to our 55" TV now (I used the PC for work but moved to a Mac) so playing from the sofa is much more comfortable with a controller rather than trying to use M/KB.

The only time I would go M/KB is for online FPS (offline I would go controller) and most strategy games as a controller isn't a patch on a mouse for with RTS or most turn-based games.

Anyway, from what I've seen so far it looks like TW3 is designed such that either will work well so we are all winners :)

Soldato
I couldn't play an FPS with a joypad, not well anyway, but 3rd persons are good. I just find it easier to do all the combo's needed for games like Mordor and the Batman games.

If there's not that many key combo's needed then I do prefer mouse/keyboard.

Soldato
I just watched the Angry Joe video where he plays about half an hour...My God, the size of the map:eek:

The bit where he was in the boat and he looked to see how far across the map he could go!

And the card game:cool:

Same thing annoys me as did with the 2nd game though-

Geralt, the greatest fighter in the world with enhanced reflexes was standing there wearing badass armour, with 2 massive swords on his back...and was attacked by a guy not even wearing a shirt and not even with a weapon!

Last edited:
Associate
And the button icons come up on screen like a cheap console port??

I don't know about 'cheap'; this is what you would want if you were using a controller.

Some games are better or more or less equally suited for controller use, even with PC. I don't think it should be taken as an insult to the 'master race' or anything... :p

Edit:

Just seen this:

Born_2_Kill: The only games I prefer to use a controller are Racing and Beat em up's, the rest are mouse all the way.

So, yeah, agreed :)

On topic, I am trying not to watch any of the videos to avoid spoilers. I also hope it's not gimped for my 290Xs due it to being an Nvidia led title.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Stolen?
By all means, support them on their own platform (gog), but high profile key sellers are just fine.

Well not that long ago there was a controversy with Ubisoft deactivating stolen keys obtained at kinguin and G2A.
They reactivated them to avoid customer backlash, but they were still stolen. You never know where the key came from on nonauthorized sellers.
I just think especially with game like this, CDP deserves to be supported.

Back
Top Bottom