• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
To the book discussion previously, if you want to take in the stories but dont fancy the read, someone has uploaded the official audiobooks to youtube! Thought i would try one out at work today and listened to 5 hours of the one i was halfway through last year :) so now i am caught up to where i left it and may just keep listening as i dont have much time to read :)

The reader is not bad at all, except his geralt sounds like ned stark :p

http://youtu.be/H0VVFuMHpNw

Thats the last wish, and check his page for the rest

Soldato
To the Pad/KB+M discussion above, ive recently started playing witcher 2 on PC (first played on xbox 360 before i got into gaming on PC) i found pad for combat and KB+M for everything else worked very well for me, only games i use a pad for on PC are Fifa, GTA, and Dying light(sometime KB+M if im at my desk) as i play these games mainly on my TV some games just lend themselves towards a pad

Soldato
I have no doubt it will be well optimised tbh...What worries me most is the the God-awful menus. CDPR simply can't do them!

We're gonna be using them for upwards of 100 hours, and they are very badly designed.

Associate
Pre-order rule broken for this one as there's no way I'm not going to be giving this one a go!

Bought on Steam with 25% off.

So you got it for the same price as you could have got it on GOG, or 25% more than you would have paid had you just bought the DVD version.

Slick move bro!

I don't know about 'cheap'; this is what you would want if you were using a controller.

Yep...

I use gamepad for practically all single player games these days.

a) Most AAA PC games are made for console and so are designed specifically with gamepads in mind

b) I much prefer sitting back on a leather armchair for a few hours with a gamepad in my hand, with the game running on my TV, than sitting hunched over a keyboard and mouse at a desk for hours.

ONLY games that I play where mouse n keyboard is obligatory are online FPS shooters....or should I say an online FPS shooter (BF4).

Last edited:
Soldato
A game like this where you are going to be playing it so long you'll need a poo hole in your chair is going to be better with a pad, purely for the comfort factor. I'm very much a m&kb guy, so I'll be trying both, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I played DA:I on pad.

I paid full whack for this on steam ages ago. Not even fussed. If it's as good as we all hope it is, then I'll be happy to have funded a good developer!

Soldato
Ive made the choice to order on ps4 just as i cant justify an upgrade right now but need to play the game :) ill still poke around this thread though as im a big fan and its bigger than the one on console section :)

Associate
Just clocked this on the Witcher 3 forum. Compromises are an inevitability, but talk about a stark contrast!
Note: The bottom part is the game running on ultra with an i7 4790K and GTX 980.
fHs9WgH.jpg
Images over 1,280 pixels wide should be placed in spoiler tags as I've done for you.

Cheers

Surveyor

Soldato
Just clocked this on the Witcher 3 forum. Compromises are an inevitability, but talk about a stark contrast!
Note: The bottom part is the game running on ultra with an i7 4790K and GTX 980.

fHs9WgH.jpg

The youtube screenshot is suffering very bad compression look how smeary the grass is and the horse has loads of artifacts on it.

I won't make a judgement til we see uncompressed screenshots.

Soldato
The DVD version is useless to me considering I have a 100Mb broadband connection and no DVD drive in my system.

Look at my signature, do you think I care if I paid a tenner more than I could have?

Now, stop trolling... It's boring everyone.

Back
Top Bottom