• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Will definitely buy this at some point, but knowing the graphics fidelity of previous Witcher games I think I might wait for benchmarks before purchasing.

Associate
Think anyone having some doubts about this game should watch Angry and Other Joe’s video on youtube, while of course they were invited there Joe has no problem calling out issues or BS when he sees it, and he really seemed happy with this game.

I’m not sure what hardware they were playing on but it looked great, the animations were top notch and any fears over the map should be alleviated, it looks massive.

Warning though, there are some story segments to the video you may want to skip, but there’s plenty of generic gameplay to watch to wet your appetite and not spoil anything.

Sorry can't find link at moment, at work.

Associate
Can’t say I’ve watched any other then AngryJoes as there are so few ‘reviewers’ out there worth listening too anymore, may not always agree with what he says but he’s nothing if not completely honest in his views, sometimes to the detriment of his relationship with developers.

But I’m looking forward to this game about as much as I’ve looked forward to any, I’m certainly not a fanboi going ‘sqeeee!’ and not expecting there to be any issues, as there will be some, but I’m really quite optimistic about how well this game will perform and look.

How good the story is, well that we will see.

Soldato
Just clocked this on the Witcher 3 forum. Compromises are an inevitability, but talk about a stark contrast!
Note: The bottom part is the game running on ultra with an i7 4790K and GTX 980.

The compression on that bottom video screen-grab is awful and really doesn't show how the game looks, however like kinger8938, I do think the colour palette is much nicer in the top image rather than the over-saturated lower one :( however, IIRC the Witcher 2 was pretty over-saturated as well?

Associate
thinking of getting another GTX 970 SLI for this game, TO MAX IT no compromise can this be achieved with 2 970's SLI at 1080. Also are 970's SLI greater than Titan X performance minus the Achilles heel VRAM issue?

Associate
I believe at stock and everything working fine two 970's can dish out more FPS then a single Titan X at 1080p, what will be the important question is the minimum and average frames which the TX may perform better at.

When you overclock the TX then I'd expect it to pull ahead, and with no issues of vram or SLI profile...

I would think (or at least be very disappointed if not the case) that with two 970's at 1080p you'll have to make very few compromises, but I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some 'ultra' settings that makes any current PC cry.

Soldato
20150503062902_114797_full.jpg

Soldato
thinking of getting another GTX 970 SLI for this game, TO MAX IT no compromise can this be achieved with 2 970's SLI at 1080.
Who knows?, remember this game is also using nvidia hairworks and physX so that might require some powerfull hardware to run at max even at 1080p?, for a guess :D

Associate
Who knows?, remember this game is also using nvidia hairworks and physX so that might require some powerfull hardware to run at max even at 1080p?, for a guess :D

No all the previews about atm are all running 1 980 at ultra as they are invites and its running at a solid 60fps only problem with youtube video is there crappy compression so you can't really see how good it looks.

From now on till release I wont be watching anymore video's as I want to enjoy the game and no ruin it for myself

Back
Top Bottom