• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
The map in the Angry Joe video looked much bigger than that to me tbh.

It reminded me strongly of Assassin's Creed black flag, with lots of sailing to new Islands etc.

Associate
Don't you usually have to find the places before you can use fast travel though?

Skyrim isn't what I would call a small game either.
Yes, quite likely.

Now I do have a tiny problem: all the gameplay they've let youtubers publish is in a similar environment and might give the idea that the whole world looks the same.

That's why I'll stop watching them. It's just a few weeks anyway!

Associate
Clearly on pc. Even if you have to turn the eye candy down it will still look better and run smoother.

All depends on the PC though dont it.

The console version will be better optimised as they always are in terms of performance per available unit of processing power and if you are gonna run the game at 30fps, would the game be better played sitting well back from a large TV screen, or sitting right up close to a monitor?

Associate
I hope this teaches Bethesda to stop making **** games...

All Bethesda RPGs have been ****, but this hasn't stopped the mass marketing machine turning each of them into phenomenal global successes.

Time will tell if Witcher 3 hits the same commercial heights as Skyrim.....I doubt it though.

Last edited:
Soldato
All depends on the PC though dont it.

The console version will be better optimised as they always are in terms of performance per available unit of processing power and if you are gonna run the game at 30fps, would the game be better played sitting well back from a large TV screen, or sitting right up close to a monitor?

Oh I have an i7 and a 980...I just don't get chance to sit on my PC.

Soldato
hell no, i dont see why people would get a new game then go buy a guide before they even see if they get stuck at any point.

Ill most likely end up getting this on PS4 as my 670GTX may struggle to play this maxed out on 1080p

Associate
2 WEEKS

Can't come quick enough!! :p
Any-one else purchasing the game guide for this?
Capture.jpg

Pre-ordered everythyng ;)

The Witcher is the only series I follow religiously, even got the 360 dark edition because I loved the box ._.

http://www.wecollectgames.com/WCG_LIVE/wp-content/gallery/2012/04/The-Witcher-2-Dark-Edition-WE-02.jpg?8bdbdf

Last edited:
Soldato
All Bethesda RPGs have been ****, but this hasn't stopped the modding community turning each of them into phenomenal global successes.

Fixed :p

Any-one else purchasing the game guide for this?

God no!

A) If I wanted someone to show me exactly where to go and what to do, I may as well just watch someone else's playthrough on Youtube.

B) If I wanted a guide I'd use one of the many free ones online :p

Soldato
Hmmm,

This game is tempted me to build a whole new system, still packing a trusty 2500k (@ 4.5ghz) & 2g 770 which doesn't quite cut it. A 980 would be nice indeed. I was going to get another 770 but 2g is too low these days, not to mention they stopped making them the second I was about to order one!.

Associate
There is an updated FAQ for the Retail PC Version on the CDPR Forums, looks like we all get GOG codes after all :)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Retail PC Version FAQ

A lot of you have been asking about the GOG.com code being in the boxed version of the game. The answer is YES! Please check below for more details regarding this fact.

Q: Do I need Internet access to install the retail PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?
A: The initial, pre-premiere retail PC batch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt needs to download a file from our servers to allow play. This file will either be downloaded automatically during installation process or you can choose to download it manually from a dedicated website. Since we have no DRM in the game, this is a security measure we needed to incorporate so the game doesn’t leak during the production process. No worries, the file will not be big. Copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt produced after launch will not contain this security feature.

Q: Will there be any sort of serial number provided in the retail PC box?
A: The game does not require any serial code to install or play. However, each retail PC copy of Wild Hunt will contain an additional GOG.com game code for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. See below for details.

Q: What is the GOG.com game code found in the box used for?
The game code grants you access to a digital backup copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com. You will also receive full software support, i.e. future updates, as well as all the additional content like the 16 Free DLCs, the FLAC & MP3 soundtrack, comics, wallpapers, art book, all voice over packs and more.

Q: Can I install and play the game without the GOG.com game code?
A: Yes you can install and play the game without the game code.

Q: Will I be able to install updates and the free DLCs without using the GOG.com game code?
We decided to offer software support, DLCs, and extra goodies only to gamers who confirm their purchase with the provided game code on GOG.com. This is the only way for us to differentiate between you, honest gamers who bought our game, and pirates who snatched it from the Internet.

Q: Do I need to become a GOG.com user to play the game I just bought?
A: You can install and play the game without becoming a GOG.com user.

Associate
A representative for CD Projekt Red tells GameSpot that Green Man Gaming's Witcher 3 codes are coming from an "unknown source." As such, none of the revenue from Green Man Gaming's current Witcher 3 promotion will go to GOG.com or CD Projekt Red. If you'd like to buy The Witcher 3 directly from CD Projekt Red, head to the game's GOG.com page here.
Dunno what to make of this, GMG has always been a legit, great site. Hopefully it's just a mix up.

Back
Top Bottom