The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Sooooo, got stuck in last night, might need to retweak ini files after I set to default again. As the shadow pop in is a bit nasty.

I've not played for a good 3/4 months, but what have they done to the lighting? It's so... Vivid! Novigrad is so orange and dark, why is it not so bleak anymore? Not a fan of the change if I'm honest.

Still a gorgeous game though.

Edit: Also, got the expansion pass and downloaded/installed both DLC's, what have they done to the menu system? lol

Did you by any chance use a sweetfx profile in the past? If thats not working i remember the launch game looked very orange which is why many used a sweetfx set up back then?

Made a prelevelled character for the expansions, though it just throws you in with 40 odd ability points to spend and having not played in so long im a bit lost as to what to spend them on, any tips?

Hmmm, good chance on the sweetfx, I doubt it as I rarely use them... Only time I have is in Dark Souls and Skyrim... But both times I've only used them for technical advances, not visual.

Odd... I'll check tonight though, thanks.

Did you by any chance use a sweetfx profile in the past? If thats not working i remember the launch game looked very orange which is why many used a sweetfx set up back then?

Made a prelevelled character for the expansions, though it just throws you in with 40 odd ability points to spend and having not played in so long im a bit lost as to what to spend them on, any tips?

Ah, good question, as above, look around, but can I grab this question and ask my own. I installed both DLC's and when I launched the game, I was bombarded with quests as I continued my main playthrough (still not completed the game) and I'm hoping the DLC's will stick around once I complete the main story.

Thanks

Hmmm, good chance on the sweetfx, I doubt it as I rarely use them... Only time I have is in Dark Souls and Skyrim... But both times I've only used them for technical advances, not visual.

Odd... I'll check tonight though, thanks.

Ah, good question, as above, look around, but can I grab this question and ask my own. I installed both DLC's and when I launched the game, I was bombarded with quests as I continued my main playthrough (still not completed the game) and I'm hoping the DLC's will stick around once I complete the main story.

Thanks

Yea the game allows you to continue after completion of the main quest. In the quest log the dlc quests are marked with red for blood and wine and blue for hearts of stone to help you differentiate whats what, from what i can tell atleast :D

It must be me but the game doesn't look any better to me since B+W has been installed :(

It was gorgeous in the first place though so it's not a huge issue.

Anyone come up with a good strat for dealing with Archespores yet? One on it's own is easy enough to deal with, but it's harder with groups, and they seem to be able to burst right through my Quen.

Started B&W last night. I quite like the GUI changes in the latest patch too.

One thing though, what is it with the Toussaint colours? It all looks a bit "over-exposed" or something... have they applied some sort of filter?

Started B&W last night. I quite like the GUI changes in the latest patch too.

One thing though, what is it with the Toussaint colours? It all looks a bit "over-exposed" or something... have they applied some sort of filter?

Ah, not just me then! I feel it's the same. Can you head to Novigrad and have a think about it's effect there. Looks too vivid for me.

I think the new region is supposed to be a lot more bright a vivid to help seperate its theme from the northern realms which have been hit with war etc, the new area is almost like a fairytale land in comparison

So, turns out I did install SweetFX ages ago, tried to remove it, nope.jpg. Ruined my install, GoG was adamant it wasn't installed. So I've thrown the towel in and am downloading all 42GB's on a 30 meg line... Won't be playing tonight :(

So, turns out I did install SweetFX ages ago, tried to remove it, nope.jpg. Ruined my install, GoG was adamant it wasn't installed. So I've thrown the towel in and am downloading all 42GB's on a 30 meg line... Won't be playing tonight :(

:( wish i didnt suggest it

But should be sorted after that

Bit disappointed you have to use Skellige cards in the gwent tournament. I had my Northern Realms deck nailed not liking the Skellige deck much, scorch destroys it

Has the combat been patched in this yet ?

Don't think I've ever been so let down by a game as this on release, have they removed the 'spam one button attack mash' or is it still the same ?

Back
Top Bottom