The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

As much as I love Game of Thrones, it wishes it was half as cool as Witcher :)

That said, I did play and finished! the actual Game of Thrones RPG game by Cyanide - and it is GREAT!

It has terrible low budget production values and poor combat (people who complain about witcher combat are stupids, they should play GoT to see what bad combat is). But it has amazing writing, so much so that it elevated the game for me hugely and I completely loved it by the end. Anyone who likes GoT should play it (and grow some patience because the game starts in a boring way, admittedly). But once it gets going...awesome.

Yeah I thought it was a bit underrated. Everything you say about production values, combat is true, but it somehow cones together to be greater than the sum of it's parts.

Oh FFS GOG!...now I'm at 48%. I've already downloaded it all once, and it was at 60% this morning when I started it up!

Last edited:
80%? You've got more than 20% left from that point...

Assuming you're bypassing all the contracts and stuff then?

Approximate figure, guess I was wrong although I was exhausted by that point so assumed I was quite far in. You have convinced me even further to just play the DLC rather than play the story again! :D

B&W is great!, it's exceeding my expectations - great pacing so far.

The small changes like being able to read books on collection via the HUD really make a difference.
I disabled automatic sword sheathing and much prefer it this way, also enabled enemy level scaling which I find makes exploration a bit more exciting.

I collected the feline grand master diagrams last night but don't have enough money to craft the gear yet, time to do some treasure and monster hunting...

Has anyone played the Gwent tournament in BaW? I could easily beat the first competitor with my Northern Realms deck.

The Skellige deck is simply not strong enough imo. It has its good points sure, but most of the time you're relying on sheer luck in drawing a good hand. Cerys is a great card, but hardly ever gets drawn. Kambi is also really good to plop down in the first round. The an Craite warriors are also really good, but with only one potential spy the chances of getting all three are totally minimal. I don't see how it can compare the spy heavy decks of Nilfgaard and NR...

I eventually won the tournament after numerous retries:

Adjust your deck appropriately. First round against monster a standard NR deck would win easily, but the Skellige deck is very weak, so you need lots of scorch. Biting frost isn't much use as most of your own power comes in the front line. Villentretenwerth and the Clan Dimun Pirate, are great cards.

Also, If you have only one shield maiden or an craite, your best off trading them. They're almost useless on their own.

Make no mistake, it's an uphill battle using the Skellige cards. Won't use them again. Then again, I doubt there are any other games to be had now. Shame.

Can anyone help me out with the brightness in game please. Just a bit too dark for my liking. Any fix?

If nvidia, i bump my gamma to about 1.29 ish in nvidia cp and it helps. As dunno if ur like me but youtube vids of gameplay seem brighter than mine, maybe they bump their gamma or somit up a bit too, so i did that after googling why it was dark myself.

If nvidia, i bump my gamma to about 1.29 ish in nvidia cp and it helps. As dunno if ur like me but youtube vids of gameplay seem brighter than mine, maybe they bump their gamma or somit up a bit too, so i did that after googling why it was dark myself.

Cheers buddy. Will give that a go. Thanks.

quick question - Content wise - is witcher 3 as good as skyrim or better? ( skyrim fan )

Skyrim is great, spent 180 hours in it.

Witcher 3 is a masterpiece on much higher level though. But you must accept that it is a character driven game in which you are playing an established character and not empty blank slate.

Skyrim is great, spent 180 hours in it.

Witcher 3 is a masterpiece on much higher level though. But you must accept that it is a character driven game in which you are playing an established character and not empty blank slate.

I put about the same hours into Skyrim too but I just can't go back to it now. It just doesn't feel as "solid" as TW3, if that makes sense.

Oddly, I can still play Morrowind with the overhaul quite happily.

I put about the same hours into Skyrim too but I just can't go back to it now. It just doesn't feel as "solid" as TW3, if that makes sense.

Oddly, I can still play Morrowind with the overhaul quite happily.

Oh it makes perfect sense, I never went back either. Skyrim was fun, but it was a low-effort kinda trashy fun - most sidequests were generic, most dungeons were copy paste, there were not many memorable characters or storylines there..nothing to make me go back. Witcher series is different in this regard, as are the classics like Torment, Bloodlines, New Vegas etc.

I notice some of the monsters are harder to kill in B&W, the ones that run around on the shoreline were easy to kill with one swipe but the updated ones seem much harder

Anyone noticed that when you call Roach the horse he doesn't always come to you but stands still nowhere near

Back
Top Bottom