The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Has the combat been patched in this yet ?

Don't think I've ever been so let down by a game as this on release, have they removed the 'spam one button attack mash' or is it still the same ?

I started playing quite a while after release, I've never been able to mash one button. You have to parry, dodge and use signs, especially with big mobs. On easy i guess you could just one button mash as it wouldn't matter if you get hit back, but on hard a few good hits can kill you.

Last edited:

Don't think I've ever been so let down by a game as this on release, have they removed the 'spam one button attack mash' or is it still the same ?

It's the same, not sure why you're not enjoying the combat? Each to their own. Did you try on Death March?

It has never been one button attack mash kind of combat on harder difficulties.

Just moved and have crap Internet. Been downloading since it was possible. It finished earlier... Download failed. Now it is doing it all again:rolleyes:

I wish this was the first time I could say gog has been ****, but it is nowhere near!

Woowwwwwww

So, just did the battle at Kaer Morhen, EPIC! Finishing up for the night. Dam heartless elf. "Finish mourning, then we must meet for council"... Have some respect fool.

Annoyingly, the above story quests I did in one evening took me from level 26 to half way through level 29... It's too fast! So now, back to witcher contracts and side quests until I'm caught up again.

I've played a good bit of the main game (got both expansions though!). I am going to wait until my 1080 arrives and then continue for more awesome visuals :)

Have a look at reShade, a 1080 will easily max this game with the reShade ontop of it, honestly improves the graphics 10x, and the base game looks amazing.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1189/?

(picture)
1189-4-1453095594.jpg

I'm not a big fan, much prefer the original look.

As for the first play through, I'm not wanting it to end, it's like I tell my misses, it's a 'series' for me in terms of story. Every now and then I'll do the main story which is sort of like a season finale (like last night). And now I'll go back to the usual eps of doing side missions, exploring etc. Then, in a few more months I'll go back to the main story.

LOVING IT!

So glad I'm dragging this game out.

I'm not a big fan, much prefer the original look.

As for the first play through, I'm not wanting it to end, it's like I tell my misses, it's a 'series' for me in terms of story. Every now and then I'll do the main story which is sort of like a season finale (like last night). And now I'll go back to the usual eps of doing side missions, exploring etc. Then, in a few more months I'll go back to the main story.

LOVING IT!

So glad I'm dragging this game out.

Its the best Game of thrones game we will ever get :D

I think once I complete B&W I'm going to be very, very sad indeed. :(

Tempted to play through again when I have time with a completely different build. I play all Signs with the exception of Griffin Techniques. Quen/Aard/Yrden with Igni/melt armour and fast attacks mostly.

I'd like to see how a potion build works.

Its the best Game of thrones game we will ever get :D

As much as I love Game of Thrones, it wishes it was half as cool as Witcher :)

That said, I did play and finished! the actual Game of Thrones RPG game by Cyanide - and it is GREAT!

It has terrible low budget production values and poor combat (people who complain about witcher combat are stupids, they should play GoT to see what bad combat is). But it has amazing writing, so much so that it elevated the game for me hugely and I completely loved it by the end. Anyone who likes GoT should play it (and grow some patience because the game starts in a boring way, admittedly). But once it gets going...awesome.

I got about 80% of the way in
At the point where you have to write a play
and give up as I was pretty bored if im honest and it was starting to drag, and then lost my save games when a HD failed.

I keep feeling compelled to fire it up again so I brought the season pass, what do I do go for New Game+ and play it all again as a complete game, or just start with the DLC as separates ? :confused:

As much as I love Game of Thrones, it wishes it was half as cool as Witcher :)

That said, I did play and finished! the actual Game of Thrones RPG game by Cyanide - and it is GREAT!

It has terrible low budget production values and poor combat (people who complain about witcher combat are stupids, they should play GoT to see what bad combat is). But it has amazing writing, so much so that it elevated the game for me hugely and I completely loved it by the end. Anyone who likes GoT should play it (and grow some patience because the game starts in a boring way, admittedly). But once it gets going...awesome.

To be fair i have heard the same said a few times so will maybe try it one day. A game set in that world has huge potential

Agree i prefer the witcher though :)

and give up as I was pretty bored if im honest and it was starting to drag, and then lost my save games when a HD failed.

I keep feeling compelled to fire it up again so I brought the season pass, what do I do go for New Game+ and play it all again as a complete game, or just start with the DLC as separates ? :confused:

I found the game slowed down way too much at the novigrad point of the game. Almost didnt come back to finish it but i pushed through and got to the end of the main quest. Was toying with replaying the base game before the dlcs but its too much for the time i have to play lately so gone into the dlcs with the option of using a prelevelled character.

Need to relearn the ropes a bit and figure out how to spend the talent points

I found the game slowed down way too much at the novigrad point of the game. Almost didnt come back to finish it but i pushed through and got to the end of the main quest. Was toying with replaying the base game before the dlcs but its too much for the time i have to play lately so gone into the dlcs with the option of using a prelevelled character.

Need to relearn the ropes a bit and figure out how to spend the talent points

Cool, think I'll do the same, replaying the story sounds a right slog!

80%? You've got more than 20% left from that point...

Assuming you're bypassing all the contracts and stuff then?

Back
Top Bottom