The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Anyone noticed that when you call Roach the horse he doesn't always come to you but stands still nowhere near

There's a hilarious quest with Roach in B&W, hard to explain without spoilers but there are quite a few references to Roach's behaviour it's called "Equine Phantoms" if anyones interested

Can someone recommend a good Sweetfx/reshade? Can't remember which one I used before. I tried the popular one on Nexus but thought it looked pretty horrible tbh

Tony is all over that post fx stuff :)

Im gonna give that a go too, i forgot to try one in witcher, and i could do with one since the game is so demanding. I dont think it will help improve my skills though, im so bad at fighting, i used to do ok in skyrim but maybe that was easier by default.

There's a hilarious quest with Roach in B&W, hard to explain without spoilers but there are quite a few references to Roach's behaviour it's called "Equine Phantoms" if anyones interested

I've not reached that quest yet but before the new patch Roach would come right up to you every time but now he stops at the first obstacle & makes no attempt to go round it, I guess I need to craft a bag of apples :p

Tony is all over that post fx stuff :)

Im gonna give that a go too, i forgot to try one in witcher, and i could do with one since the game is so demanding. I dont think it will help improve my skills though, im so bad at fighting, i used to do ok in skyrim but maybe that was easier by default.

haha, not going to argue, I can't seem to game without adding SweetFX/Reshade anymore. Without it games just seem so bland and have that horrible foggy look to them.

quick question - Content wise - is witcher 3 as good as skyrim or better? ( skyrim fan )

Content wise, witcher 3 hands down, nearing 350 hours double Skyrim and still going love it. Though With Witcher 3 I find once the stories and quests are done, the world feels abit empty, in part thanks to said quests and stories being so engrossing.

In Skyrim on the otherhand the story and quests in general were okay, so once completed them, I found I could carry on playing and not feel like I was missing anything.

Sad day when I finish B&W

One of the best things about this series has always been the way it incorporates modern references. It really is quite brilliant... But come on, a servant called Basil Fawlty. That is a bit heavy-handed!

Something is not right, I've just spent ages trying to kill a group of monsters at Ardaiso Quarry, fired all my arrows inc exploding ones, thrown all my bombs at them, tried to burn them but I got killed over & over & all their health bars remained full at all times :confused:

I can't hit the targets during the horse race bit. I hit then and nothing happens.

And 4 times now I have tried the horse race... Roach will run off course, sometimes just stop, shooting the targets has no effect:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Played quite a bit more of this today. Absolutely beautiful area even if the colours are a little exaggerated. Still the prettiest game world I've ever explored though.

Hardly touched the main quest line as once again the side quests are right up there in terms of quality. Reminds me why I was so besotted by the game when it came out last year and I'll be gutted when it's over although it all begs to be replayed from start to finish. These guys know how to make a game that's as beautiful to play as it is to look at. A quality that has been lacking in recent years in my opinion.

The game seriously needs a patch. Locking on isn't working either.

Also, this character Guillaume.. Can someone tell me, what is his accent? He sounds ridiculous at times!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom