The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Just bought the DLC. Been exactly a year since I completed the game. Bit rusty at first but my god it's such a good game!!

It's a little bit crashtastic tho. Lots of crash to desktops happening. (On average one per play through)

I was about to post something very similar, I completed the game ages ago but just brought the DLCs last week. Really looking forward to getting back into the game!

I can't say the same about the crashes and I'm running quite a weak system (compared to majority of the guys on here). What are your specs?

Associate
Yeah I've played over 100hours I think and I can't remember any crashes at all, maybe once or twice in the early builds at release. Try verifying game files if on steam

+1

Literally can't remember having a single crash that wasn't my fault (I broke the game during my first play-through whilst modding). Learnt my lesson and honestly don't think I had any crashes after.

Associate
So bloomy! I must say I prefer the vanilla :)
But for mods be sure to get Immersive Cam (and its submods like Immersive motion if yo play on gamepads, alternative horse control, meditation) and Immersive HUD with Tweak.

yeah I thought that reshade was a bit too bloomy as well after messing around a bit so ive changed it for a different one now lol might do a little vid later :D

Associate
Looks amazing - How much does the reshade effect performance? I don't think my R9 270 could quite cut it haha.

not that much of a big hit on performance for me with this reshade and mods,i have this reshade mod installed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtX9A26FLzU&list=LL8Dt3NFqx-cp68kWdpGo95A&index=1

although mine looks a little different as I have it set up different to what he suggests,also have a texture mod installed,a lighting mod installed and a couple of other minor mods like a blood mod etc

I still get on average in outside areas like in my vid over 50fps! in the villages it drops to high 40s and I havnt tried it in a busy town yet but overall performance is good :)

Associate
not that much of a big hit on performance for me with this reshade and mods,i have this reshade mod installed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtX9A26FLzU&list=LL8Dt3NFqx-cp68kWdpGo95A&index=1

although mine looks a little different as I have it set up different to what he suggests,also have a texture mod installed,a lighting mod installed and a couple of other minor mods like a blood mod etc

I still get on average in outside areas like in my vid over 50fps! in the villages it drops to high 40s and I havnt tried it in a busy town yet but overall performance is good :)

That's good to know, thank you for the info. I'm currently playing on medium and it looks great, so really looking forward to getting a new GPU and cranking them settings up! :D

Associate
Finally got it how I want it lol added a few more mods,disabled a setting in the reshade which made it less sharp and a bit washed out and adjusted the gamma a tad,this is how I'm keeping it and now time to think about actually playing it to see what all the fuss is about

heres a quick vid :D

Associate
Finally got it how I want it lol added a few more mods,disabled a setting in the reshade which made it less sharp and a bit washed out and adjusted the gamma a tad,this is how I'm keeping it and now time to think about actually playing it to see what all the fuss is about

It really does look awesome. Yes, get on with the game already. :p

Soldato
I picked up the GOTYE for my Xbone, played the first bit upto where you have to set the trap for the Griffon, gotta say im enjoying it, its really well made, im tempted to pull up a walkthrough so i can do all the side stuff and complete the entire thing and not miss a thing, just worried i'll spoil stuff doing it that way.

Soldato
OP

heres a quick vid :D

disable that HUD ;)

There are extensive HUD customization options in the menu, make sure to tune it to your preference. And once again, I gotta recommend immersiveCam and immersiveHUD, game looks better with camera closer to Geralt.

Caporegime
Some of the side quests are epic. I did one where you help Dandelion open a Cabaret and it was epic. Just went in a completely unexpected direction for an hour or so. I though it was just going to be a collect a few bits and bobs quest.

Soldato
im tempted to pull up a walkthrough so i can do all the side stuff and complete the entire thing and not miss a thing, just worried i'll spoil stuff doing it that way.
Dont do that unless you're obsessive compulsive about '100%ing' games. It'll be quite hard to miss most of the best sidequests so long as you're exploring and not just going from main quest point to the next.

Also, if you haven't already, I highly recommend turning off the Question markers. It turns the game into a bit of a guided tour rather than a game of exploration.

disable that HUD ;)
I wouldn't recommend disabling the whole HUD, but definitely try and turn off what you think you can live without.

Last edited:
Associate
I picked up the GOTYE for my Xbone, played the first bit upto where you have to set the trap for the Griffon, gotta say im enjoying it, its really well made, im tempted to pull up a walkthrough so i can do all the side stuff and complete the entire thing and not miss a thing, just worried i'll spoil stuff doing it that way.

You don't need a walkthrough I'd say, I'd also be careful trying to do everything, I tried and got burnt out half way through.

Since completed it and it's certainly as good as everyone says.

Top tip, turn off the points of interest after white orchard they ruin any exploration.

Soldato
Also, if you haven't already, I highly recommend turning off the Question markers. It turns the game into a bit of a guided tour rather than a game of exploration.

Definitely. Having those awful question marks everywhere just turns the game in to a checklist of tasks with no real soul. It kind of devalues the game imo. Not a way I would ever play a game. Most of the marks are pretty uninteresting anyway tbh.

Associate
disable that HUD ;)

There are extensive HUD customization options in the menu, make sure to tune it to your preference. And once again, I gotta recommend immersiveCam and immersiveHUD, game looks better with camera closer to Geralt.

just installed immersive cam,i quite like it although I havnt messed around with the settings,i just clicked on the immersive option in all the different camera options,im not sure if I should enable the version section though?

I like having the map etc but I have shrunk it all down so its less obtrusive if that's the right word lol :D

Back
Top Bottom