The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Finished this last night for the second time since release. I'd forgotten how depressingly empty the game feels after the main story, when you're unceremoniously dropped back at Kaer Morhan. That said, I've still got the dlc to play. And from what I've read, it's supposed to be superb.

Soldato
Finished this last night for the second time since release. I'd forgotten how depressingly empty the game feels after the main story, when you're unceremoniously dropped back at Kaer Morhan. That said, I've still got the dlc to play. And from what I've read, it's supposed to be superb.

Still trundling along at a very slow pace. Not completed it yet and kind of glad I haven't lol.

Soldato
Still trundling along at a very slow pace. Not completed it yet and kind of glad I haven't lol.

It's a truly fantastic journey. The only reason things feel empty at the end is because of the absence of the characters that you become so invested in during the main quest. It's testament to the quality more than anything else. I'm sure the dlc will elevate that though. How far through are you?

Soldato
Was toying with a main game replay and then play the dlcs for the first time but tbh i dont have that much time. I did try blood and wine with the premade character but felt lost due to all the free ability points to spend etc. Is there a best build or anything?

Also if i make the premade blood and wine character, can i start the game and go straight to the first dlc first as i imagine a premade blood and wine geralt will be higher level than the premade hearts of stone one?

Or do i make a hearts and stone character and hope that content levels me enough to then move on to blood and wine?

Hope this makes sense!

Suspended
Finished Heart of Stone last night. Absolutely loved it. The whole premise was excellent and I really enjoyed all the characters. Felt like Olgierd could really be Geralt's mate and hope to see him again in future Witcher games. The quests were all original enough and the ending well done. Gets a 9/10 from me.

Started with Blood and Wine last this morning and looking forward very much to it. The French knights made me LOL a few time already.

Be sad to leave this universe behind once I'm done with B&W.

I loved that expansion too. I still can't help thinking that Olgierd is David Beckham's long-lost twin brother or something, though. :D

Soldato
Thought I ask incase I might do something stupid. All the books and documents that one has gathered over the time, can they now be sold ? It seems like everything is remembered after one has read it once, is that correct ?

Because if that's the case, would be nice to clean up that part of the backpack and sell all the stuff that cluttering up there. :cool:

Soldato
Thought I ask incase I might do something stupid. All the books and documents that one has gathered over the time, can they now be sold ? It seems like everything is remembered after one has read it once, is that correct ?

Because if that's the case, would be nice to clean up that part of the backpack and sell all the stuff that cluttering up there. :cool:

I sold everything no issue after reading. I recall there being few specific quest item's / books which could not be sold when you tried to anyways.

Soldato
I started playing this(around 40 to 50 hours in) and its very good,deep RPG elements,interesting side quests,quite nice graphics,etc but people seem to keep making this out as the best RPG ever,except it seems rather sterile to me. Geralt is OKish as a character,but don't really relate to him(I couldn't finish the first Witcher due to this) and I am not getting anywhere near the same buzz as playing through the Mass Effect series especially with the characters in that,and TBH I prefer Fallout:New Vegas over this still despite it being technically inferior on almost every level.

I suppose you can't please everybody! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Gwent is a card game, you mean Geralt right? :)

Personally he's one of my favourite characters in any game (and that's based on Witcher 3 plus the DLC, never played the first 2). As you say, different tastes and all that.

Sorry for some reason the bloody phone autocorrected it to Gwent.

:p

On hindsight I think will try to finish the game first and get into the DLCs before making full judgement.

Might need to get into the Geralt Groove first.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just made all the Wolfen Gear and noticed that the Master Crafted Boots, Gauntlets and Trousers can be made by a normal armourer but the Armour piece itself has to be done by a Master Craftsman. Not wanting to spoil to much I put the actually question in spoilers.

You think it been made that way on purpose since you find a Master Crafted Armor piece in Kaer Morhen and therefore you allowed to use any Armourer to get the other items ?

Caporegime
I had no problem running The Witcher 3 on 1440p with everything on max ( no hairworks ), always over 60fps and that was with a highly overclocked 980 GTX. -> Gsync

Back
Top Bottom