The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I struggled the first time as well, not sure why as I loved the atmosphere and setting.

The main thing I'd suggest is turn off as much on the HUD and map as possible especially the points of interest markers, not having a pointer shouting 'GO HERE' makes a massive difference to exploring.

Play on the hardest difficulty, this really makes you use signs and oils etc instead of just wading through everyone with your swords.

The best thing about the witcher is the story so don't go off doing side quests permanently, make sure you're progressing the main story.

There's a few starting guides around that are worth reading. Despite struggling at first, after finishing it on my second try it's one of the finest games I've ever played :)

I'm having great difficulty absorbing myself in TW3. I've had it since launch, but just can't bring myself to play it. The furthest I've got is leaving White Orchard after about ten hours or so.

Here's a short video of me playing. I'm pretty incompetent, right? :rolleyes:

Read the advice I posted above. Disable unnecessary HUD elements and get Immersive Cam and Immersive HUD mods. Stop thinking of it like Skyrim. This is a storydriven game first and foremost, more similar in style to Red Dead Redemption than Skyrim, although unlike RDR, it is much bigger, better and with lot more choices and consequences thrown in.

You never played Gwent?

Great fun, I used to run about just trying to get Gwent cards. Also isn't some of the story based on Gwent tournaments?

Very simple game to play, must be a decent youtube video of it out there somewhere.

Yeah, there are a few Gwent based objectives.

Hmm, the in game tutorial didn't make understanding it very easy.

I will have a browse of some YouTube videos and have another go I think.

Thanks.

Yeah, there are a few Gwent based objectives.

Hmm, the in game tutorial didn't make understanding it very easy.

I will have a browse of some YouTube videos and have another go I think.

Thanks.

Simplest way to learn Gwent is to simply play a few rounds. It is very intuitive, I didn't watch any tutorials, just winged it and learnt it quickly. Then became addicted :)

Yeah it doesn't take long to pick up, I was a bit confused when I played the first game and nearly didn't bother, but played a few more games and was hooked.

Finally getting on with this! and omg in regards to hearts of stone, cdpr are the masters of foreshadowing !

in reference to
The mirror man, i thought he seemed like too much of a detailed character to just be a generic npc when you meet him at the start of the main game!

so decided to look into armor and have crafter the Feline set! luckily with the premade character for the dlc, the plans are already found and in the inventory! all i had to do was craft it! this did intail doing a few quests to unlock a smiths true potential etc but wasnt too bad!

can anyone offer advice on runes and Glyphs? what should i be using? i tend to use Quen and fast attacks, with some Aard thrown in.

Last edited:
Need advice, I'm very near to the end, still doing the final chapter, at this point:

Just helped the mage, now ciri wants to sort out some stuff in Novigrad. The Final Chapter quest.

My question is, I've still got a fair amount of exploring in Skellige, some areas in the main land and generally several side quests. Not sparked off either of the DLC's yet though. If I continue on the main mission, can I free roam play after? Or should I finish EVERYTHING before completing the main mission?

Thanks

Need advice, I'm very near to the end, still doing the final chapter, at this point:

Just helped the mage, now ciri wants to sort out some stuff in Novigrad. The Final Chapter quest.

My question is, I've still got a fair amount of exploring in Skellige, some areas in the main land and generally several side quests. Not sparked off either of the DLC's yet though. If I continue on the main mission, can I free roam play after? Or should I finish EVERYTHING before completing the main mission?

Thanks

I'd do side quests first :).

You can roam afterwards and do bounties/explore/side quests afterwards but some effect the story so best to do what you can before the main quest.

Last edited:
I'd do side quests first :).

You can roam afterwards and do bounties/explore/side quests afterwards but some effect the story so best to do what you can before the main quest.

Aces, will do.

As for the DLC, I don't wish to do Blood and Wine until I've finished the main quest, as for Hearts of Stone, there is a side quest for enchanting. All good in the hood for me to tackle that before finishing the story?

Aces, will do.

As for the DLC, I don't wish to do Blood and Wine until I've finished the main quest, as for Hearts of Stone, there is a side quest for enchanting. All good in the hood for me to tackle that before finishing the story?

I'd just play the game in the order its supposed to be done.

1. Side Quests and Main story
2. Hearts of Stone content
3. Blood and Wine content

I assume people have reached the level 100 cap?

If so, what is the best way to do it after you have completed the main story line of all the content, including expansions?

I have played the main story through twice already and I hear there are still different endings I haven't seen, but I am not sure I can bring myself to play it all again so soon.

Finished Hearts of Stone last night! Did both endings, just to see what happens. Need to decide which one I go into Blood & Wine with, I doubt it will make any difference but anyway.

Not happy with either of the endings tbh, not that they were bad - they were brilliant.

it's just a choice of choosing one murdering ****bag over an even bigger murdering **** bag.:p

Been playing this pretty much all year, with a break for WoW Legion & can honestly say I've never enjoyed a game as much in my life. I know they've said they aren't doing any more Wticher stuff but I really hope they don't finish it there, with how well W3 has been received it's got to be a licence to print money.

Last edited:
I know they've said they aren't doing any more Wticher stuff but I really hope they don't finish it there, with how well W3 has been received it's got to be a licence to print money.

I'm not so sure, it may be a good idea for them to stop now, rather than let the game go downhill with forced sequels/cash grabs etc, how many other games of this genre have actually managed to improve the longer they went on? I certainly cant think of a single one.

That said I certainly wouldnt say no to another expansion or 3 for this one :D

I'm not so sure, it may be a good idea for them to stop now, rather than let the game go downhill with forced sequels/cash grabs etc, how many other games of this genre have actually managed to improve the longer they went on? I certainly cant think of a single one.

If they kept the quality level as high as it was for W3 then W4 would sell ridiculously well I reckon. Same for any future expansions if they do any for W3

Hang on, there is more than one ending for Heart and Stone?!?! I have only played it through once, and the ending I got was helping whats-his-name and taking care of the Mirror Man.

Looks like another play through for me then.

Also, how many endings are their to the main game? I have done two of them - Ciri leaves to rule, and she leaves to take care of the Winter thing. I hear there is also a third one when she becomes a Witcher?

Lastly, I am still doing my first time through Blood & Stone, so is there multiple endings for that as well? I am trying my hardest to avoid spoilers, so it is hard to look up.

Thanks.

Finding the combat a bit 'too easy' now. I'm on max difficulty, just finishing off side quests before the main mission, I'm level 32. No real 'specific' build, I use light attacks 95% of the time, use signs when it's beneficial and oils for contracts/bosses.

I assume once I start the DLC, a new level of difficulty comes through in terms of mobs and what have you? I've got the scaler thing turned up, so everything is around Lv32.

This applies to Activisions and Ubisofts of this world. Companies that copy/paste and annualize.

Not to CD Projekt, which takes 4 years for each game and improves exponentially. Assuming they would keep doing it their way, there is no reason why potential Witcher 4 couldn't be even better than third. And god knows there are still so many places to explore in Witcher universe, so much potential.

Finding the combat a bit 'too easy' now. I'm on max difficulty, just finishing off side quests before the main mission, I'm level 32. No real 'specific' build, I use light attacks 95% of the time, use signs when it's beneficial and oils for contracts/bosses.

I assume once I start the DLC, a new level of difficulty comes through in terms of mobs and what have you? I've got the scaler thing turned up, so everything is around Lv32.

Enemy's in blood and wine are bit annoying on death March..

But it's good fun

Been playing this pretty much all year, with a break for WoW Legion & can honestly say I've never enjoyed a game as much in my life. I know they've said they aren't doing any more Wticher stuff but I really hope they don't finish it there, with how well W3 has been received it's got to be a licence to print money.

I'd love another Witcher, but in a way I'm glad as I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce with Cyberpunk. I hope they decide to return to the Witcher at some point in the future though.

Hang on, there is more than one ending for Heart and Stone?!?! I have only played it through once, and the ending I got was helping whats-his-name and taking care of the Mirror Man.

Looks like another play through for me then.

Also, how many endings are their to the main game? I have done two of them - Ciri leaves to rule, and she leaves to take care of the Winter thing. I hear there is also a third one when she becomes a Witcher?

Lastly, I am still doing my first time through Blood & Stone, so is there multiple endings for that as well? I am trying my hardest to avoid spoilers, so it is hard to look up.

Thanks.

I think there are 3 major endings for the main game, 2 for hearts of stone, and 3 for blood and wine.

Back
Top Bottom