The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

i really enjoyed the witcher 2 also, played it before the third which gave a good deal of background. watched a video on the story of the witcher 1.

to get the most from this you should research the previous games and even read the books. its referenced a lot in w3

The amount of content for £20 and the quality of that content is unmatched

If you like Game of thones sort of setting, i think theres something here for you! Political stuff etc its great

The amount of content for £20 and the quality of that content is unmatched

If you like Game of thones sort of setting, i think theres something here for you! Political stuff etc its great

God yea, never really thought about the content amount, nevermind the quality! Essentially, you're paying £20 for a weeks holiday in an unknown land lol

Well on those positive comments I've bought it...

just make sure to setup the game to run at 60fps, enable in options "alternative movement response" and enable "disable fish eye effect" (so it will disable it). Also choose proper difficulty, I would recommend Blood and Broken bones or deatch march, if you want challenge. Make sure to use all the tools available in combat - signs, dodge, riposte, parry, bombs, potions... And if you want to modify camera distance etc, there is a great mode Immersive Cam. Oh and once you leave White Orchard and get to Vizima castle, make sure to disable "point of interest markers on minimap". Game is much more enjoyable that way.

Im still unsure how to spec my premade dlc characyer having been away from the game soo long. 39 points to spend is very overwelming when i cant really remember how it all flows :D

I also bought this game based purely on the reviews. I didn't know anything about the franchise before trying it.

172 hours in and I must say it is every bit as brilliant as people say it is.

I am a little sad though cause my adventure is coming to an end soon. I have played the main game twice through, heart and stone once, and am getting through Blood and Wine now.

I am also level 84 with all Grandmaster Gear, except my sword, which is
Aerondight

So, with plenty of coin, good gear, all that is left seems to be the level cap?

I am wondering how many hours others have in the game? Also, is there anything you guys do to prolong it?

I admit I am confused by the Gwent game, so have never played it in game.

Im still unsure how to spec my premade dlc characyer having been away from the game soo long. 39 points to spend is very overwelming when i cant really remember how it all flows :D

Personally I never care about minmaxing and "optimising" and stuff like that in games. I always just pick what sounds interesting and appealing to me. So in TW3 I always play mix of sign/sword with no points in alchemy.

Yea same, definitly not after a best build or anything as with my original play of the game i just went with what sounded useful but starting with 39 points to spend is rather overwelming :D

I also bought this game based purely on the reviews. I didn't know anything about the franchise before trying it.

172 hours in and I must say it is every bit as brilliant as people say it is.

I am a little sad though cause my adventure is coming to an end soon. I have played the main game twice through, heart and stone once, and am getting through Blood and Wine now.

I am also level 84 with all Grandmaster Gear, except my sword, which is
Aerondight

So, with plenty of coin, good gear, all that is left seems to be the level cap?

I am wondering how many hours others have in the game? Also, is there anything you guys do to prolong it?

I admit I am confused by the Gwent game, so have never played it in game.

You never played Gwent?

Great fun, I used to run about just trying to get Gwent cards. Also isn't some of the story based on Gwent tournaments?

Very simple game to play, must be a decent youtube video of it out there somewhere.

Yea same, definitly not after a best build or anything as with my original play of the game i just went with what sounded useful but starting with 39 points to spend is rather overwelming :D

All depending on how you want to play it but if you like using decoctions and potions, invest at least 3 points in the Acquired Tolerence skill, and even more so if you have all alchemy formulas already ? It's under Mutations, the 4th row.
  1. Every known level 1 alchemy formula increases maximum Toxicity by 1. Potion duration time: +5%
  2. Every known level 1 or 2 alchemy formula increases maximum toxicity by 1. Potion duration time: +10%
  3. Every known level 1, 2 or 3 alchemy formula increases maximum toxicity by 1. Potion duration time: +15%
Another one I like in the Alchemy is Heightened Tolerance, it's under Brewing, the 1st row.
Heightened Tolerance increases the Toxicity required to suffer the effects of overdose. Fully upgraded and equiped, Geralt can no longer suffer overdose side-effects like health degen and max health decrease. Your healthbar will however still turn green if you go past 70% Toxicity. Geralt will also still show Toxicity effects and green clouds will still appear at the corners of the screen.
  1. Increases Potion overdose threshold by 5%. Potion duration time: +5%
  2. Increases Potion overdose threshold by 10%. Potion duration time: +10%
  3. Increases Potion overdose threshold by 15%. Potion duration time: +15%
  4. Increases Potion overdose threshold by 20%. Potion duration time: +20%
  5. Increases Potion overdose threshold by 25%. Potion duration time: +25%

The 2 above gives longer potion durations and a threshold of 247 (and there is a grey skill you can take if you want to make it 277), which is the max I think, unless I missed some recipes. In short it would mean you can take 2-3 decotions and as many potions with ease if you wanted to. :cool:

ive gone 'mage' spec i guess, most points in igni and aard. with light attack points and the medium armour talents for +sign damage. along with the talents which allow signs to generate adrenaline, and for adrenaline to increase sign damage.

works great. with the griffon set, for further spell dmg

I'm having great difficulty absorbing myself in TW3. I've had it since launch, but just can't bring myself to play it. The furthest I've got is leaving White Orchard after about ten hours or so.

There's no denying it's a well-crafted game, and is passionately accepted as one of the best games in recent times.
With that said, I just cannot get into it. I find the combat and interface much too clunky, even with the use of a controller.

I'm not partial to the complete absence of interactivity in the game. Most NPCs are basic pathfinders with a few random strings of dialogue thrown in. Most noteworthy characters do very little outside of the game's structured cutscenes, which is a damned shame!

It simply feels too much like a set piece. Yes, the visuals are absolutely stunning, but the game lacks certain immersive qualities.

I find that Skyrim benefits from a first-person perspective and the ability to customize your character. Whilst it lacks depth compared to previous iterations, you can play the usual archetypes, but also many different combinations.
TW3 limits you to Geralt's traits and personality. He's an able swordsman, not a mage, or a stealth archer etc.

I'm angry that the game doesn't 'click' with me, because it's obviously a masterpiece in it's own right.

Here's a short video of me playing. I'm pretty incompetent, right? :rolleyes:

It gets a lot better later to be fair, I was the same through the first 10-20hrs but after that it gets much more interesting, I started doing side quests more and Gwent is awesome.

It really starts to build towards some interesting plot crescendos in the later game.

Fighting for me is far too simply. All you need is the shield sign, dodge and fast attack - even tough enemies you just wear down by constantly dodging and nipping in for a few quick hits at the right time. Ditch the fire sign and just stick to the shield.

Last edited:
I find its one of those games that if you stop playing for a week or so you lose interst to come back to it, but if you do load it up and play for a few hours its like why is this game so good!

Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom