The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
so finished witcher 3 and the 2 dlc's - around 140 hours played. Loved it. will probably start a new game + at some point.

need to try and find a new game to play now!

Soldato
I really really want to get into this but for some reason I'm just struggling to, I've gotten as far as killing that first Griffin and that's it... it's just not grabbing me yet.

Yeah it didn't me the 1st time round, it was only after I'd finished White Orchard (make sure you do every ? that shows on the map) and then moved onto Velen that it started to get a bit more interesting, after that I was gripped and it took nearly 140 hours worth of play to finish both DLCs and the main game.

It really is worth spending time in, I loved it so much I started another round but trying to make different decisions seeing what different outcomes there are.

Soldato
Yeah it didn't me the 1st time round, it was only after I'd finished White Orchard (make sure you do every ? that shows on the map) and then moved onto Velen that it started to get a bit more interesting, after that I was gripped and it took nearly 140 hours worth of play to finish both DLCs and the main game.

It really is worth spending time in, I loved it so much I started another round but trying to make different decisions seeing what different outcomes there are.

Just for the "+1" on this - I gave up the first time I played it too; the combat put me off, and there wasn't enough going on (story wise) in the first few hours to grab me, so I quit.

Came back to it much later (with all the DLC) and muddled through.....and boy am I glad I did. Sits right up in my top 5. Give it at least until you've moved into Velen before you call it a day.

Associate
I sometimes go off it too, like I can't be bothered to load it up and play. There's times when it's speak to person A, who then says speak to person B, who says speak to person C, and so on..But if you push through that you usually get into more interesting times.

I'm near the end of the main game and just under 90 hours, so it can't be that bad ;)

Soldato
I'm getting really annoyed with my horse, it's like it's tracking has gone or something, always pulling to the left and sometimes even going of the road or missing a bridge, getting really tiresome as you can't always gallop as you have to keep steering and thus it runs out of stamina grrrrr.

Soldato
I'm getting really annoyed with my horse, it's like it's tracking has gone or something, always pulling to the left and sometimes even going of the road or missing a bridge, getting really tiresome as you can't always gallop as you have to keep steering and thus it runs out of stamina grrrrr.
if your on a road it sticks to the road until a fork for me no need to steer

Soldato
if your on a road it sticks to the road until a fork for me no need to steer

On a relatively straight road it does for me but come a bend or fork then you have to steer, although sometimes it does just veer off, much easier to control a boat (which is good because imagine how frustrating treasure hunting in Skellige would be if you had to keep guiding the boat).

Soldato
On release i got up to skellige on normal but ended up playing other games and didn't go back to it and forget to keep my save when i formatted the pc.
So I've made a rather nice pc, downloaded the HD mod and turbo lighting mod and playing again but on death march. Game looks glorious, and runs smooth as butter with a 1080 and max settings on my 3440x1440. Determined to finish it this time, gonna take me a few months but I'm gonna do my best to 100%.

Soldato
On release i got up to skellige on normal but ended up playing other games and didn't go back to it and forget to keep my save when i formatted the pc.
So I've made a rather nice pc, downloaded the HD mod and turbo lighting mod and playing again but on death march. Game looks glorious, and runs smooth as butter with a 1080 and max settings on my 3440x1440. Determined to finish it this time, gonna take me a few months but I'm gonna do my best to 100%.

It is so worth it, I'm on my 2nd go round and have just started the Blood & Wine DLC, do you have both DLC packs as well?

Soldato
On a relatively straight road it does for me but come a bend or fork then you have to steer, although sometimes it does just veer off, much easier to control a boat (which is good because imagine how frustrating treasure hunting in Skellige would be if you had to keep guiding the boat).

Fantastic game better than 10/10 but it still had issues.

Treasure hunting being one of them. The random treasure you found was generally pants. Once you get the Witcher gear nothing you found in the wild was any better.

Soldato
I can't bring myself to uninstall. I like popping back in and just wandering around now and then to chill out. Isn't there a decoction to stop drowners attacking you? Might be an idea for for less hassle.

Soldato
I have like 4TB of hard drives full of games, right back 10/15 years +, i uninstall no games, i like having them all at tap, just in case :) mind you with new games taking 100GB alone to install, that may change.

Soldato
OP
I have like 4TB of hard drives full of games, right back 10/15 years +, i uninstall no games, i like having them all at tap, just in case :) mind you with new games taking 100GB alone to install, that may change.

hah I remember making this thread almost decade ago (insane how the time flies)
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ou-have-installed-and-what-are-they.18076108/

sadly the picture is not visible anymore, but I had about 200 games installed back then...now I only have around 70.

Witcher trilogy is of course included. I also like to take a stroll through Skellige or Toussaint from time to time, the music and atmosphere never get old.

maj

maj

Soldato
Decided I'd done enough side quests and '?' on the map so finally headed to Skellige last night when I was level 20 rather than 16 as recommended. Oh my is it beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom