The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
I imagine something like the original Fallout games in narrative.

Eh? With nuclear fallout? I'm not that up on Cyberpunk but isn't it more computery/hacking in a futuristic city than nuclear devastation? I'm imagining something like the Shadowrun games but obviously third person action rather than isometric turn-based.

Associate
I finally knuckled down and gave the game a proper go! I'm currently about 20 hours in, and I've been helping the Bloody Baron locate his wife and daughter. Now I'm off back to Crookback Bog!

The story is very compelling, and I especially love the mythology!

It's funny, because I bought the PS4 version at launch, played for about 10 hours, and then later sold my PS4. I got a free copy of the PC version with my GPU, but later bought it on Steam as I like to have my games all in one place.

Soldato
I finally knuckled down and gave the game a proper go! I'm currently about 20 hours in, and I've been helping the Bloody Baron locate his wife and daughter. Now I'm off back to Crookback Bog!

It's funny, because I bought the PS4 version at launch, played for about 10 hours, and then later sold my PS4. I got a free copy of the PC version with my GPU, but later bought it on Steam as I like to have my games all in one place.
Nice, that quest is really great. It's what hooked me in after being a bit up and down on the game prior to that moment. The Baron is a nice character

Got further in Blood and Wine this weekend! I believe I've reached some sort of branch in the story where it can go a few ways, i wonder if it changes much! Won't go in to it for risk of spoilers

Associate
I've just heard Priscilla's song for the first time. I expect it to stick with me throughout the rest of the game! CD Projekt RED certainly know how to tug at your heartstrings!

Last edited:
Soldato
finally caved in and got the GOTY edition of this. Installed and did the tutorial last night 1440p ultra everywhere (except hairw) and its 75+ fps.

Just gonna get some munchies in and i have 10 hours set aside today :)

Any essential mods? The HD reworked project maybe? (its number 1 on nexus)

Maybe the weight mod thing ( i had that with w2) and uhh is there a mod that gives 2 points instead of 1 per level? :D

Soldato
OP
finally caved in and got the GOTY edition of this. Installed and did the tutorial last night 1440p ultra everywhere (except hairw) and its 75+ fps.

Just gonna get some munchies in and i have 10 hours set aside today :)

Any essential mods? The HD reworked project maybe? (its number 1 on nexus)

Maybe the weight mod thing ( i had that with w2) and uhh is there a mod that gives 2 points instead of 1 per level? :D

One must have is Immersive Cam and its submods (Immersive Motion, alternative horse control etc). It gives perfect control over camera and improves controls as well:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/689/?
For immersive motion, get "Immersive Motion for Gamepads (with Input Adjustment)"
Make sure to enable alternative movement response in options.
Other cool mods are sensible map borders, HD reworked, Volumetric Clouds Skellige.

I do enjoy the combat in this game! :D

Hah, yep combat against human groups is super fun. Ripostes, dodges, signs, not to mention whirl and rend all result in a glorious dance of death when handled properly.

Soldato
wow the graphics in this are really something else indeed. Just vanilla as well. Love the lighting effects and the sunsets etc. Playing in 2717x1700 (on projector) or smt helps i would imagine. Gonna crank the dsr up to 4k tomorrow see how it does. Witcher 2 feels so amateurish compared to this lol. Should i make the griffin quest the last thing i do in the white orchard area?

Ohh and gwent seems fun tho clear advantage to whoever goes 2nd surely. How can i pass if my opp can just play a good card and win the round. Can see myself getting addicted to it though. Anyway pics and vides tomorrow hopefully (vanilla and modded...still deciding whether to go for a sweetfx build 3fx or smt)

Soldato

You know you can add keys to steam right?

Regarding Crookback Bog, those Crons are my favourite part of the story.

Associate
You know you can add keys to steam right?

Regarding Crookback Bog, those Crons are my favourite part of the story.

Adding non-Steam games, you mean? I wasn't particularly fond of GOG, and I like to have my games on Steam generally, especially seeing as I've used it since Half-Life 2 launched in 2004.

Last edited:
Associate
I've spent the best part of 50 hours in Velen, and so I've sailed to Skellige, which is a refreshing change of scenery! I decided not to pursue a romantic relationship with Triss. The game is very compelling, and I find it difficult to tear myself away some nights!

Edit: The quest where Priscilla is attacked was a highlight for me. It was very reminiscent of the movie From Hell, albeit with a twist!

Associate
I finally started it sometime last week and I'm hooked! I'm about 20+ hours in now and level 10 or so in Velen, I've finished the Baron's story and just been exploring the map a bit.

Stoner81.

Associate
For the ones who haven't seen this yet CD Project Red have released this little video as a thank you for 10 years:

Simply brilliant!

I'm 70 hours of the way through now, level 23, and playing on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty. I've just reached The Isle of Mists in order to find Ciri. I love this game!

Back
Top Bottom