• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Watching a twitch stream of the PS4 version right now and the dude died. Could have went and made a cup of tea in the time it took for the game to reload. Fingers crossed this will not be a problem for us if we install on SSD. Oh and the music in game was smashing.

http://www.twitch.tv/bibabumsebiene89

Looks lovely to me, but god the twitch chat is draining my will to live, turn that off is highly recommended for all who want a peek :)

Associate
I don't think the more sales argument is what is going on, sure some wont buy it on PC but a lot of people are simply going to get the console version so it isnt a lost sale.

It is whether or not microsoft/sony are paying/demanding parity so there machine doesnt look naff.

Soldato
Did someone really just say are we boycotting? lol!
This will be a game of the year contender. Why would anyone want to miss out on that? Nearly all the reviews are between a 9 and 10. I cant wait personally. Im more excited for this than I was for Bloodborne.

Associate
I think the internet will actually be more likely to implode if The Division is even remotely close to what we were shown in the announce trailer, I'd be very surprised if there's anyone who really believes Ubisoft will actually deliver!!

Means more sales on console rather than PC = more profit ;)

surely if you had more pc sales than console, you'd have more profit because you wouldn't have as much royalties to pay to microsoft and sony!

Caporegime
Found a very good video courtesy of a chap on neogaf forums - Basically, all of this good stuff has been removed.

Look at the "off" and "on" comparisons. The parts where it shows the effects as "off" are basically what we have now

Such a shame :(

Oh what could have been if it wasn't for the consoles :( - though I will admit, I reckon you would need a couple of 980's just to get 30fps at 1080p if the game looked like it did in the 2013 trailers....but that is what PC gamers want! We want a new Crysis, a technical marvel that we can wow out once we get a system powerful enough to play it! It is a shame for the GPU manufacturers as well because if the game looked like it did back in 2013 I can guarantee they would see a nice little jump in the high end segment. even I would be tempted to get another 980 if the game looked like that!

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Found a very good video courtesy of a chap on neogaf forums - Basically, all of this good stuff has been removed.

Look at the "off" and "on" comparisons. The parts where it shows the effects as "off" are basically what we have now

Such a shame :(

Oh what could have been if it wasn't for the consoles :( - though I will admit, I reckon you would need a couple of 980's just to get 30fps at 1080p if the game looked like it did in the 2013 trailers....but that is what PC gamers want! We want a new Crysis, a technical marvel that we can wow out once we get a system powerful enough to play it! It is a shame for the GPU manufacturers as well because if the game looked like it did back in 2013 I can guarantee they would see a nice little jump in the high end segment. even I would be tempted to get another 980 if the game looked like that!

I'm confused. Is that video showing us options we will have in the PC version? It looks like one of they NVidia videos showing off fancy features.

Caporegime
I'm confused. Is that video showing us options we will have in the PC version? It looks like one of they NVidia videos showing off fancy features.

Don't think anyone knows. the only thing I do know is that I have not seen any recent photo's or videos in which the game looks like that.

Soldato
Yup, as always consoles are throttling the life out of the PC gaming experience. As I have alluded to in a post in the console section - the current crop of consoles do not perform anywhere near as well as they should in my opinion.

R* are heading in the right direction. There should be a two phase development cycle that allows for the PC version to be tuned and optimised along with addition of better textures etc etc, and GTAV has shown there is an appetite for it, even if there is a longer wait.

Without consoles PC gaming wouldn't be where it is now, it would be quite a bit further back, with worse graphics and probably higher prices.

Consoles aren't throttling anything, they are inanimate objects. Blame developers for being lazy, not consoles.

Soldato
Nah, I'll probably just enjoy what looks to be a great game.

madness! dont you know by most posters its the worst catastrophe ever!

1zvtsw6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom