• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Can you show me where I said, or implied that?

You didn't, wrong person then. ;)

madness! dont you know by most posters its the worst catastrophe ever!

1zvtsw6.jpg

YOU!!!

Fight me bro.

Soldato
And you think that's okay?

Aye, plenty of downies trying to make it sound like the annoyed users are dedicating their entire lives to this and not just 2 minutes on a forum occasionally, just to sweep what's going on under the rug to appear like their lives are too interesting for such matters, Kappa as it gets.

Now ban me pls

Quoted for truth. I guess some people have no problem with the imminent prospect of getting shafted yet again;p Of course it's not the end of the world because it's only a bloody game. It could have never been released for all I care. That doesn't mean we should sweep the issue under the rug, though. I can easily quote 3+ Polish reviews stating the game looks quite mediocre and inconsistent. One even said the amount of downgrading is rather ridiculous. Surely multiple sources wouldn't say such stuff just to generate publicity, especially about a game made by their fellow countrymen?

Soldato
Quoted for truth. I guess some people have no problem with the imminent prospect of getting shafted yet again;p Of course it's not the end of the world because it's only a bloody game. It could have never been released for all I care. That doesn't mean we should sweep the issue under the rug, though. I can easily quote 3+ Polish reviews stating the game looks quite mediocre and inconsistent. One even said the amount of downgrading is rather ridiculous. Surely multiple sources wouldn't say such stuff just to generate publicity, especially about a game made by their fellow countrymen?

My objection is that there aren't any PC review samples out yet, and that people are using the PS4 version as proof that the PC version has been downgraded.

People are foaming at the mouth and running with information that just seems to be conjecture with little to no basis at the moment. Unless I'm missing something, though I have asked in this thread whether it's actually been confirmed, or if it's still rumour. No one has said there's been any solid confirmation that doesn't lead back to the way the PS4 version looks.

Soldato

Bingo, we have a winner! Exactly mate, when it comes down to it who gives a REAL ****? Nobody. Yet discussing it on a forum about why it's messed up and getting a bunch of rats jumping over people for not sitting on their thumbs and looking past it is next level.

Soldato
I noticed this, quite concerning really. Games these days tend to be much larger, GTA V was over 60GB (almost 3 times the size of TW3 if this pre-load is indeed the whole game).

People need to get off the notion that size = visual quality.

A lot of PS3 games are around 50GB, which tells you all you need to know about that.

Soldato
My objection is that there aren't any PC review samples out yet, and that people are using the PS4 version as proof that the PC version has been downgraded.

People are foaming at the mouth and running with information that just seems to be conjecture with little to no basis at the moment. Unless I'm missing something, though I have asked in this thread whether it's actually been confirmed, or if it's still rumour. No one has said there's been any solid confirmation that doesn't lead back to the way the PS4 version looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cgCNtO78IQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE

Soldato
On the bright side at least pretty much everyone and their mum will be able to run it on ultra now, unless it's got crap optimization.

Soldato
There's an IGN stream live now, PC platform, Ultra settings running on an unspecified i7 and a 980.

Not sure if I can link because I've seen on-screen swearies (well, it IS the Witcher afterall), but I'm sure people can find it from their website.

Downgrading aside, still looks pretty good to me, and looks silky smooth.

Soldato
Looks great, can't really see much evidence of any substantial downgrading but there does seem to be a fair bit of pop in.

The American co-commentator is very annoying though.

Yeh, I've turned it off, he's giving away too many spoilers for me.

Suppose we could have expected pop-in, with the lowest common denomination coding and all.

Still looks good though.

Soldato
If what I've just watched is the stream in question, then the downgrade is rather obvious. Looks okay-ish but really plain and uninteresting (graphics-wise, of course). The changes in vegetation, textures, water quality and the amount of details in cities are quite dramatic. The entire colour pallete has been altered as well and the game looks a bit cartoonish.

It sucks we won't be able to use original textures, water tesselation and all the beautiful smoke/fog effects. It really made the world come to life. Well, it's still going to be a good game. It's just that it could've been a lot better if they didn't butcher out all the eye candy we keep powerful PCs for.

Soldato
There's an IGN stream live now, PC platform, Ultra settings running on an unspecified i7 and a 980.

Not sure if I can link because I've seen on-screen swearies (well, it IS the Witcher afterall), but I'm sure people can find it from their website.

Downgrading aside, still looks pretty good to me, and looks silky smooth.

Looks very good. Yes foliage isnt great and neither is water imho BUT everything else seems perfect. Can still love her with these little imperfections :p

Back
Top Bottom