• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Calling it, Everyone that is complaining about graphics being downgraded will be posting screenshots of the game. Saying it looks amazing.

When they aren't realising that Youtube and Streams kill the quality of the gameplay.

Yeah. they maybe kill quality, Youtube videos don't completely remove effects though. The game will still look good but just nowhere near as good as we were led to believe. There lies the problem.

Associate
Its no big deal really. Sure, if it was the only game available for PC then I would buy it. But there is competition on the market so I choose other titles

Is there? this looks like it might be the finest open world RGP thus far on any platform. Apart from older titles I don't see any competition for this, so why miss out?

I hope people don't use this downgrade stuff as an excuse for not paying for this game either. I'm sure there are plenty of losers out there who will :rolleyes:

Soldato
He had me until he says that the game looks nicer now than it did in the earlier gameplay footage.
So,

I've compared screenshots & the textures are simply vastly different.

This isn't lighting, it's not shaders - his points fail to address this. A perfect example is the distant mountains textures, which in the 2013 trailer look fantastic, in the later trailer look very poor.

It's a texture resolution (or lack of) problem, the poor colour choices & saturation can both be fixed easily.

Soldato
Currently on Baptism of Fire audiobook, and its hit me! Geralt hasnt done much monster hunting in the books at all! I remember the last wish had a fair bit but cant remember much since then! Lots of nice about Ciri and other characters though which i hope gives me more from the game than if i hadnt read/listened to these :)

Anyone gunna play this through a tv with controller? May have to move the tower downstairs ready

Soldato
Currently on Baptism of Fire audiobook, and its hit me! Geralt hasnt done much monster hunting in the books at all! I remember the last wish had a fair bit but cant remember much since then! Lots of nice about Ciri and other characters though which i hope gives me more from the game than if i hadnt read/listened to these :)

Anyone gunna play this through a tv with controller? May have to move the tower downstairs ready
That my friend is a good idea.

I'll get a control in for next week, already have the PC hooked upto my projector, 140" Witcher 3 on 1080p projector will be a nice test!.

Soldato
Yeah my first play will be on the sofa with a pad as well I reckon. My TV has no headphone output so I got myself a mega long lead so I can run the headphone wire to the sofa from PC ;)

Great idea ;)

I also intend on not using fast travel at all but we will see! And i want to get more in to combat prep, in w2 i hardly bothered with alchemy etc. So may pop it on hard and see how it goes!

Soldato
It all depends for me if i play it on my tv with a controller or not, as i found playing witcher 2 with a controller for combat and K+M for the inventory so depending on how this one is layed out will depend if i play on my tv as i hated using a controller for the inventory

Back
Top Bottom