• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
WHAT!!!! Surely that looks horrendous unless your sitting about 100 feet away lol. 1080p looks horrible on anything bigger than 22", and you'll be pumping that out on a 140" projector??? that PPI/pixel density lol
Trust me, looks fine :D.

A cinema screen is only 4k & near the front it doesn't look bad, you do need a HD projector mind. I sit about 15 foot away & it covers the entire side wall :D, it would look better on a screen as opposed to the bare wall but I can't find one which suits my needs.

Just tested a screenshot of witcher 3 on it, looks good enough!, that's about 144" 1080p.

CpP21xT.jpg

Full size pic below

CpP21xT.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Trust me, looks fine :D.

A cinema screen is only 4k & near the front it doesn't look bad, you do need a HD projector mind. I sit about 15 foot away & it covers the entire side wall :D, it would look better on a screen as opposed to the bare wall but I can't find one which suits my needs.

Just tested a screenshot of witcher 3 on it, looks good enough!, that's about 144" 1080p.

Is it ok if i come round yours some time to just bask in the glory of that projector :)

Ill even be your "friend"

Soldato
Just wait until the game is released on PC then see what the graphics are like its been mentioned in another post there are reports of graphic settings we could change so theres hope. The game still looks great even if it does look like those screenshots if it looked like a old ps1 game then ide understand everyone complaining about the graphics.

I dont expect the graphics to be anywhere near as good as the cinematic trailers has there been a game where the graphics match up to the trailers?

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the underlying problem for most isnt that there may have been a bait and switch. Those have been seen and done by many developers. I think the majority of criticism is from the fact that CDPR have been a developer that has build a strong reputation based on their interactions with the community.

People simply see this as a huge disappointment if the differences between the early visual representations and the current wave of hysteria are true.

For myself personally i couldnt care less as i did my best to avoid early previews, didnt get sucked into the visuals etc, i was always more interested in the story and changes they were making to the gameplay.

Everyone has their own opinion, some find the hysteria amusing, others are deeply annoyed by what they feel is a slap in the face.

The rest of us just get on with our lives and look forward to what looks like an amazing game.

Soldato
Just wait until the game is released on PC then see what the graphics are like its been mentioned in another post there are reports of graphic settings we could change so theres hope. The game still looks great even if it does look like those screenshots if it looked like a old ps1 game then ide understand everyone complaining about the graphics.

I dont expect the graphics to be anywhere near as good as the cinematic trailers has there been a game where the graphics match up to the trailers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZvOiyztEiA

The thing is this is not a trailer but actual gameplay and, by the looks of it, it ran pretty well so it's only natural to expect the final product to look like that (at least on PCs).

Regarding games where graphics match up to the trailers, GTAV springs to mind.

Soldato
Check for this on youtube:

WITCHER 3 : DOWNGRADING, SEX, SPEEDRUN and more! Developer Interview | Docm77

Not linking the vid as unsure of all the content yet.

Just watched a few minutes of this and couldn't be bothered to watch the rest of it as the guys first point is so far off its unbelievable. "how can you downgrade something that never existed to begin with?" uwotm8??????? :confused:

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZvOiyztEiA

The thing is this is not a trailer but actual gameplay and, by the looks of it, it ran pretty well so it's only natural to expect the final product to look like that (at least on PCs).

Regarding games where graphics match up to the trailers, GTAV springs to mind.

This is what i mean everyone is judging on what they have seen lately of the xbox and ps4 gameplay videos and not PC gameplay(unless ive missed a recent video) as the swamp video is neally a year old now. So no one knows what the PC version looks like yet.

And fair enough on the gta v trailer i actually forgot about that one.

Back on the subject of gameplay i hope there is a lot of game changing decision as it will make for a good couple of play throughs i know i read or whatched somewhere there are over 30 ending but i hope there are changes to be made early on

Last edited:
Soldato
jesus are you still banging on LOL

All right, I'm off to study Japanese before you hunt me down. You seem to be pretty cross with me, as if I made hundreds of posts about the game's visuals when in fact I only posted a couple of times and most of it was discussion. And I wasn't the only one.

Constantly pontificating about the game looking spectacular when it clearly doesn't and how people will skip work to play it gets pretty old too, just so you know:) Didn't even mean anything bad by posting those vids. I don't mind people writing whatever they want and whenever they want. If someone annoys me, I just don't read his posts. Simple as. I thought that was what reasonable people do. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom