• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
49" 4k tv downstairs. Won't be using it. My htpc has an i3 and a 970 running in it, so I doubt it will be able to do 4k. Even after the gimped graphics! Moving my full tower downstairs would make me fairly unpopular with the other half though!

Permabanned
Great idea ;)

I also intend on not using fast travel at all but we will see! And i want to get more in to combat prep, in w2 i hardly bothered with alchemy etc. So may pop it on hard and see how it goes!

Ah, play witcher 2 on dark and you will have to use alchemy. TBH Dark mode is the way it is meant to be played imo. The dark Armour is cool as well.

Soldato
That my friend is a good idea.

I'll get a control in for next week, already have the PC hooked upto my projector, 140" Witcher 3 on 1080p projector will be a nice test!.

WHAT!!!! Surely that looks horrendous unless your sitting about 100 feet away lol. 1080p looks horrible on anything bigger than 22", and you'll be pumping that out on a 140" projector??? that PPI/pixel density lol

Associate
Cant wait.

Pre-loaded and ready to go.

Theres a Twitch Witcher 3 stream tonight at i think midnight UK time to tide me over while i decide if i should upgrade from GTX670 to a 970 or not.

Associate
Theres a Twitch Witcher 3 stream tonight at i think midnight UK time to tide me over while i decide if i should upgrade from GTX670 to a 970 or not.

I'm also running a 670 and was planning on getting a 970 for this game. My 670 did OK in GTA V though and I believe it's because it has 4GB instead of 2GB vram.

It'll be interesting to see performance when it comes out, and if it's worth spending £250 or so just for a slightly prettier game.

New cinematic launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=1-l29HlKkXU - No direct link because it's NSFW (for about 1 second)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice trailer...makes me wish the actual game looked that great though lol. Imagine the order 1886 engine used for this game and your pretty much close. One can dream.

Soldato
Cant wait.

Pre-loaded and ready to go.

Recently went from 2 6950s to a 970 and im over the moon with it, fantastic improvement so heres hoping it runs this really well too :)

Back
Top Bottom