• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
Just watched a few minutes of this and couldn't be bothered to watch the rest of it as the guys first point is so far off its unbelievable. "how can you downgrade something that never existed to begin with?" uwotm8??????? :confused:

Indeed. Its like they forgot that they showed a lot gameplay at e3 2014.

To be honest if they just held their hands up at the end of last year and went

" ok guys, unfortunately we cant get it running well enough and at the same time looking like the previous gameplay we have shown you so it isnt going to look as good as what you have seen"

If they had done that i would have just thought " fair enough" and not have been bothered one bit.

Instead we have them claiming there is no downgrade when there clearly is and now also disregarding all the previous gameplay footage as non-gameplay :confused:

People appreciate honesty. No one likes being lied to.

Soldato
This is what i mean everyone is judging on what they have seen lately of the xbox and ps4 gameplay videos and not PC gameplay(unless ive missed a recent video) as the swamp video is neally a year old now. So no one knows what the PC version looks like yet.

And fair enough on the gta v trailer i actually forgot about that one.

Back on the subject of gameplay i hope there is a lot of game changing decision as it will make for a good couple of play throughs i know i read or whatched somewhere there are over 30 ending but i hope there are changes to be made early on

AFAIK, these aren't endings per se but there are about 36 different world states depending on your decisions throughout the game.

Soldato
Those who do feel they have been lied to etc, out of interest, are you still buying the game?

I mentioned it a few pages back but the only way to show your annoyance is by not supporting them if you arent happy with it, speak with you wallets etc.

i cant miss out on it at all, no way!

Soldato
Having never played any of the previous games, is this a game I could play with zero understanding of the backstory and mythology?

It looks tremendous.

I should think so i never played witcher 1 but played number 2 but then i went and played number 1 and then 2 again. I think there will be a story recap so it should fill you in about what has gone on before

Soldato
Having never played any of the previous games, is this a game I could play with zero understanding of the backstory and mythology?

It looks tremendous.

They tend to stand alone tbh, characters cross over etc but i dont think newcomers will be lost. I few here have said that there is a brief recap on the past 2 games at the start or somethibg so could prove useful!

Soldato
I should think so i never played witcher 1 but played number 2 but then i went and played number 1 and then 2 again. I think there will be a story recap so it should fill you in about what has gone on before

They tend to stand alone tbh, characters cross over etc but i dont think newcomers will be lost. I few here have said that there is a brief recap on the past 2 games at the start or somethibg so could prove useful!

I saw an interview with a dev from a while back and he said the game is standalone. The player will be introduced to the witcher and the world as if it were new. Obviously watching a recap vid wouldn't hurt though, it's always good to know a bit of lore!

Associate
There's a good bit of actual Ultra PC gameplay footage popping up. Game looks ok I guess, but it's not what was originally projected for sure. Either way... I still bought it. They definitely mislead us though.

Soldato
At this stage I'm just hoping it will look better than W2

Graphics looked very crisp and lush in W2 to me

Indeed, at the time and still now they are gorgeous! However i think the main differences here will be animations etc. I fired up W2 the other night and couldnt remember all the characters looking and feeling so stiff during convos etc

W3 should bring much more life to them from what ive seen

Soldato
Those who do feel they have been lied to etc, out of interest, are you still buying the game?

I mentioned it a few pages back but the only way to show your annoyance is by not supporting them if you arent happy with it, speak with you wallets etc.

i cant miss out on it at all, no way!

I'll probably wait a while and buy it for a tenner. If they can get it close to the previews out of the box then I may consider it but otherwise I'll find it as cheap as possible.

Soldato
Developer Insider: The Witcher 3 Was Downgraded From 2013 – List of All Features Taken Out & Why

It seems The Witcher 3 graphics controversy never ends, and it is for good reason. Recently it has been quite apparent to a lot of people with footage showing up all over the web of newer PC build gameplay demos supposedly running on ULTRA on the PC (Poland preview event) which pales in comparison to the 2013 gameplay trailer. We contacted our insider who provided us information on The Division downgrade and apparent delay into 2016 months ago – who managed to connect us with someone in the know-how at CD Projekt RED last night to further explain the situation and set the record straight.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-i...-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

Soldato
^^

There were several options: build three different builds or consolidate to the nearest denominator, which is what we did. We took the specifications of the lowest performing throughput system which I don’t care to mention here at all to avoid that discussion, and worked our way up from there.

We just did not have the manpower, budget or the console power to produce the vision we intended

Says it all. I hate the consoles sometimes. Basically the Xbone became the low bar that had to be set for the game, with the PS4 and even more so the PC version being hamstrung..

Great.. 'Next gen' consoles :mad:

Soldato
^^

Says it all. I hate the consoles sometimes. Basically the Xbone became the low bar that had to be set for the game, with the PS4 and even more so the PC version being hamstrung..

Great.. 'Next gen' consoles :mad:
Urgh, expected as much.

It seems unless it's a pc exclusive or the development team makes an effort this trend will continue. It's annoying that poor console hardware is holding back game advancement, as even when they are released their using outdated tech.

Associate
Ok, I have a question. Hoping someone can help who knows a bit about this 3rd game.

I played a bit of Witcher 1, but found it way too linear and a bit clumsy to play.

I've also played about 10 hours of Witcher 2, and found it less linear than the first(although still felt restricted) but I found there was way too much dialogue to plough through. I appreciate there needs to be a strong story but I think it detracted heavily from the gameplay.

I understand Witcher 3 is open world so being a big MMO fan this really appeals to me. However I don't want to spend more time listening to dialogue than actually playing. Are there any signs this early on that it will be as dialogue heavy as the 2nd game?

Back
Top Bottom