• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Not quite sure what you were reading in my reply? It clearly says they had no reason to show that footage at all, they could have showed what would be roughly the final release as they would have got the pre orders anyway without the fancy graphics that we seem to not be getting now. Hope that clears it up a bit for you ;)

Anyway they have pulled the PC vs PS4 footage as clearly it is not what we will be getting on release.

Tbh re reading it not quite sure myself! I think coffee is needed!

Soldato
Not read up on this thread but pre-installed yesterday via GOG Galaxy (28gb I think) and it very quick. 1hr in total (Virgin 152mb but only get 70mb via homeplugs).

Compared to GTA V it was hassle free and a crap load faster

Soldato
Not read up on this thread but pre-installed yesterday via GOG Galaxy (28gb I think) and it very quick. 1hr in total (Virgin 152mb but only get 70mb via homeplugs).

Compared to GTA V it was hassle free and a crap load faster

Yeah, I was impressed by the speed. For GTA I gave up on their launcher and ended up downloading it via torrent and coping the game files over, at least that maxed my connection. :p

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't call that many extra features. Framerate and resolution is a given for the PC platform, so all we're really getting is draw distance and Nvidia users get the gameworks library.

Soldato
CDPR will hopefully backtrack a little and release a PC upgrade patch, if the sole reason for the downgrade is due to developing for the lowest common denominator (XBONE) then surely they could easily get much better results out of the PS4 and PC.

Well, less said about this possible reason the better TBH.

I think you might see a high res texture pack pop up just as it did for games like Crysis 2 and sleeping dogs etc... But I wouldn't hold your breath.

I did find the whole dynamic resolution for X1 a total joke TBH (and I know this'll upset folks) but really? If the machine can't do solid 1080 then thats just how it is, thing is PC is a different beast as users can themselves decide if they want framerates over resolution or settle for higher textures at 1080 with 30fps cap (using nvida inspector to radeon pro to cap the fps etc..

Consoles, well they are what they are, X1 is the weakest link then no game should be created on it when its across other platforms, its the weaker so no other gamer should suffer due to it. Its that simple, regardless if you agree or not.

PS4 isn't that much stronger the X1 truth told, its got a bit more grunt, but PC has way more power if you have purchased some top end kit.

Its annoying if this statement is true but wait and see I guess. I'm half on the fence to buy this for PS4 or PC myself. I'm not sure how my 7970M will cope with it, but then if is been created to work on X1 then my 7970M should be just fine in this regards : - )

Associate
original.gif

:-/

Associate
10 mins ago I bought a new Gtx 970 from Overclockers and it comes with a Witcher 3 code via email. £20 if anyone want's it. Not sure when it will arrive but am sure it will be here before Tue.

Back
Top Bottom