• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato

You're not allowed to sell outside the Member's Market, I suggest you get in a sneaky edit!

Given the amount of attention this is getting (The downgrade) if CDPR weren't worried about it, wouldn't logic dictate they bring forward the release to quell it?

I don't think it's possible to bring forward release dates. Especially not so close to the release, it would be a logistical nightmare.

Soldato
It's a decent contribution if you ask me lol.

So many fanboi's in here trying to defend against clear and obvious foul play.

Accept it's a dick move on the devs part? :rolleyes:

No one is disagreeing that there is a visual downgrade, but seeing the same image at least once a page is a touch tedious. Particularly if you don't even have an opinion to add.

Soldato
It's a decent contribution if you ask me lol.

So many fanboi's in here trying to defend against clear and obvious foul play.

Accept it's a dick move on the devs part? :rolleyes:

Actually - I looked at it and thought, wow now that is a huge difference and its quite a shock if that was what everyone was expecting and how it looks now.

Associate
Thanks for contributing some new content and an opinion to this discussion. :rolleyes:

I added an opinion earlier. I apologise for making you crack out the rolleyes.

It's damn frustrating that we get held back by consoles. Its making the money we spend on good gfx cards almost pointless.

From a company like CD Projekt who gave the impression that they were all about PC to rollover like this is a kick in the teeth to us I think.

Soldato
Actually - I looked at it and thought, wow now that is a huge difference and its quite a shock if that was what everyone was expecting and how it looks now.

Sadly, when the demonstrations were shown with the 'original' graphics with the devs going on about graphics making it look lush to everyone. That is indeed what people will expect...

Soldato
From a company like CD Projekt who gave the impression that they were all about PC to rollover like this is a kick in the teeth to us I think.

I agree with you, I think that's what stings the most for gamers right now. The last bastion of hope in an otherwise **** pile of AAA studios, turns out they still do the same tricks. I would argue that this was perhaps more due to naivety, with regards to console performance, than an intent to mislead. However, the end result is the same. I guess we have the publishing arm of CDPR to blame for this one, it's always the publisher, the devs just become the scape goats.

Soldato
Personally I am not that fussed. Will wait and see how the gameplay is before I slate the game. :)

Please, understand I, and probably most in this thread are not slating the game. Simply calling out and slating the devs, CD Project know full well the game they were playing and what they are claiming as a 'optimisation' is a flat out bluff covering their dirty tactics. It's a shame, as they clearly have given PC guys the cold shoulder. Like most devs these days.

Soldato
I agree with you, I think that's what stings the most for gamers right now. The last bastion of hope in an otherwise **** pile of AAA developers, turns out they still do the same tricks. I would argue that this was perhaps more due to naivety, with regards to console performance, than an intent to mislead. However, the end result is the same.

Itis a shame if its all true, but dunno why they can't just offer better gfx for PC and then just downgrade on a sliding scale with X1 being the biggest downward scale.

Only just got GTA V for example and from PS4 to PC there is a huge difference in gfx, and so R* deserve the sales across all platforms. PC >>>> PS4 >> X1 for GTA V and the same should apply for any other multi cross platform game I guess. But sadly all isn't always fair but I'm sure from reviews game is heck of a lot of fun and RPG so not all lost.

Soldato
Itis a shame if its all true, but dunno why they can't just offer better gfx for PC and then just downgrade on a sliding scale with X1 being the biggest downward scale.

Only just got GTA V for example and from PS4 to PC there is a huge difference in gfx, and so R* deserve the sales across all platforms. PC >>>> PS4 >> X1 for GTA V and the same should apply for any other multi cross platform game I guess. But sadly all isn't always fair but I'm sure from reviews game is heck of a lot of fun and RPG so not all lost.

Would we have settled for getting the PC version about 2 years after release though??

Edit: 2 and a half years

Soldato
Would we have settled for getting the PC version about 2 years after release though??

Edit: 2 and a half years

Yeah I do agree GTA V was a bit late coming to PC - but it was worth the wait.

Its all business though, and we can't control it. Witcher 3 wll sell bucket loads, devs will get their money and everyone will either enjoy what they have or bitch, and move on.

I'm still on the fence with either PS4 or PC myself or not buy the game at all..!! Dunno. I did really enoy witcher 2, first game I played when I got a gaming laptop (and it run great - loved that 7970M at the time)

Soldato
Not CDPR, please God no!!! :(

The gaming industry is just ******! I mean with Ubi it was bad enough but a revered development studio like this pulling shady tactics is just so sad. I am getting so fed up with these false promises, deceit and just general BS (particularly on the PC platform) that it is making me question if I want to continue with this hobby much longer.

I just don't like being lied to or deceived. :mad:

Soldato
Yeah I do agree GTA V was a bit late coming to PC - but it was worth the wait.

Its all business though, and we can't control it. Witcher 3 wll sell bucket loads, devs will get their money and everyone will either enjoy what they have or bitch, and move on.

I'm still on the fence with either PS4 or PC myself or not buy the game at all..!! Dunno. I did really enoy witcher 2, first game I played when I got a gaming laptop (and it run great - loved that 7970M at the time)

I was the same, but went PC due to getting it much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom