• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I was the same, but went PC due to getting it much cheaper.

Thats not helped lol TBH I think my M17x R4 (7970M i7 16GB ) should run this at 1080.

It ran GTA V at very good levels of detail at average 45fps with plenty of eye candy on so might go PC on this one - hmmm would prefer Steam key.

Do the GOG keys not link to Steam - is it not Steamworks?

Soldato
I'm sorry, but if you have a powerful pc, why on earth would you consider getting it on PS4?

Its not a super high end rig I'm running. Its a M17x R4 alienware laptop with a 7970M i7 16GB rig.

But I've recently picked up project cars (had this one since early access actually), GTA V and Far Cry 4 for PC and all ran pretty well, and I was very surprised with how all of them looked, very good actually. GTA V was night and day comparable to PS4.

I think project cars on PS4 with its dreadful performance and screen tearing did it, I was so miffed with Project cars on PS4 - thought screen tear would be gone by now - but no..

Soldato
I'm sorry, but if you have a powerful pc, why on earth would you consider getting it on PS4?

Edit- sorry, wrong person, meant the guy with the mega-rig in his sig!

Me? I wouldn't call it anywhere near a mega-rig. Also, I work night shift and have my ps4 downstairs in the living room and my PC in bedroom. Like to get some games on my ps4 to play when I'm wide awake at weekends :D

Also, there doesn't seem to be much difference between PS4 and PC in this tbh.

Soldato
Thats not helped lol TBH I think my M17x R4 (7970M i7 16GB ) should run this at 1080.

It ran GTA V at very good levels of detail at average 45fps with plenty of eye candy on so might go PC on this one - hmmm would prefer Steam key.

Do the GOG keys not link to Steam - is it not Steamworks?

Only way to get steam key is via steam for £39.99. DRM free is better than a steam key every day of the week though.

Soldato
Only way to get steam key is via steam for £39.99. DRM free is better than a steam key every day of the week though.

Yeah I'm not too fussed TBH I got a GTA V key and that didn't work via Steam either..

PS4 or PC then? hmmm Or just skip for now and see how it pans out, could be the reviews are all wrong and I fall for the hype again.

Soldato
Yeah I'm not too fussed TBH I got a GTA V key and that didn't work via Steam either..

PS4 or PC then? hmmm Or just skip for now and see how it pans out, could be the reviews are all wrong and I fall for the hype again.

I can't see it being a turkey with all the good reviews tbh. I was on the fence about waiting but for £14 I thought I might as well jump in.

Associate
vpPgNq.gif

weeee :p

Obviously unrealistic, but it's nice the map is open like that. You can go up, then slide down any mountain, in style.

Associate
I agree. He should roll/fall down the hill instead of sliding, like a snowboarder without the board.

Perhaps it was an animation issue. I imagine it's difficult to make a good fall/stumble animation followed by a perfectly looped rolling animation that works for every distance you can roll.

Soldato
vpPgNq.gif

weeee :p

Obviously unrealistic, but it's nice the map is open like that. You can go up, then slide down any mountain, in style.

Haha ok that is pretty awful, havent finished all the books yet mind. Maybe he retires from witching to pursue his snow sliding ambition? :3

Is it tuesday yet?

Sucks because if i stuck with ps4 it may have been delivered a bit early but this will be worth the extra wait

Back
Top Bottom