• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
this sort of thing can't be good for manufacturers of Graphics cards

if we get more and more "near" parity with current gen consoles

we can all stick with out R29s, 970/980 and be all great for a few years in 1440p :)

Even if there was parity, I'd still buy on PC. Cheaper game prices and significantly more flexibility in how they run, resolution, monitor quantity and of course mods.

I prefer playing games on PC in general, though I do of course enjoy consoles too.

Permabanned
I prefer playing games on PC in general, though I do of course enjoy consoles too.

Good thing about this day and age is your PC can actually be played like a console with long HDMI cables or streaming and using a pad. Without the exclusives ofc. Most games today are setup to use pads which in my eyes is a good thing, gives us the best of both worlds really.

Soldato
Good thing about this day and age is your PC can actually be played like a console with long HDMI cables or streaming and using a pad. Without the exclusives ofc. Most games today are setup to use pads which in my eyes is a good thing, gives us the best of both worlds really.

It's not even about this day and age, this is been possible, easily and practically for over a decade.

Soldato
Let's not compare flop dogs to Witcher please.

Why not? It's the exact same **** devs are pushing out? Making it look ****ing insane then releasing garbage? Yes, the game play is the same. But that's not the point. It's fraud if you ask me. It's like selling a prototype Austin... Sure, the chassis and engine are the same. But ultimately. The end product is nothing more than a Base model Austin.

I really ****ing hope they get seriously called out on this ****. It's not on.

Soldato
Why not? It's the exact same **** devs are pushing out? Making it look ****ing insane then releasing garbage? Yes, the game play is the same. But that's not the point. It's fraud if you ask me. It's like selling a prototype Austin... Sure, the chassis and engine are the same. But ultimately. The end product is nothing more than a Base model Austin.

I really ****ing hope they get seriously called out on this ****. It's not on.
Well it's not fraud, fraud doesn't work like that. Just call it what it is and try and avoid all the emotionally charged nonsense.

It's crap they did it, I also hope they get called out on it, and I hope they address it in some way. But don't compare them to Ubisoft, we don't know the reasons behind why this happened and CDPR have got a good enough reputation that it isn't sensible to start foaming at the mouth over it now.

Soldato
Well it's not fraud, fraud doesn't work like that. Just call it what it is and try and avoid all the emotionally charged nonsense.

It's crap they did it, I also hope they get called out on it, and I hope they address it in some way. But don't compare them to Ubisoft, we don't know the reasons behind why this happened and CDPR have got a good enough reputation that it isn't sensible to start foaming at the mouth over it now.

I'm not a Witcher man sadly, I know they are epic games but I just don't get on with them due to being too linear. I was hoping this would be the one. Which no doubt it is. But still. It IS comparable to Ubi, they are doing the EXACT same thing...

Dark Souls II ring a bell? Same thing. It's becoming too common. Showing a game that's nothing more than a dream and delivering an average game.

Again, I'm glad I've skipped and will probably think twice from the devs in future.

I've missed everything about this game recently.

Have they let us down?

Yes, they promised multiple things graphically to pull in a lot of pre orders. But ultimately and predictably changed the games engine and graphics to a SERIOUS downgrade last minute. Avoid if you have morals, buy if you don't care.

Soldato
I'm not a Witcher man sadly, I know they are epic games but I just don't get on with them due to being too linear. I was hoping this would be the one. Which no doubt it is. But still. It IS comparable to Ubi, they are doing the EXACT same thing...

Dark Souls II ring a bell? Same thing. It's becoming too common. Showing a game that's nothing more than a dream and delivering an average game.

In fairness, everything I've watched and read about the game has said that it is anything but an average game.

Permabanned
Again, I'm glad I've skipped and will probably think twice from the devs in future.

You will not be glad you missed this game, the story will be great as in all Witcher games. More fool you if you miss it, although if you have to much to play and can wait for a sale then grab it as fast as you can ;) Then again you may have no idea what a great game you are missing though.

Soldato
You will not be glad you missed this game, the story will be great as in all Witcher games. More fool you if you miss it, although if you have to much to play and can wait for a sale then grab it as fast as you can ;) Then again you may have no idea what a great game you are missing though.

Absolutely! No doubt it will be an epic game, hence I'm not slating it. Simply slating the devs for their dirty business tactics. Trust me, I wish I could get into the Witcher series, I've tried so many times as I know they are ace games.

As it stands, I've got a plethora of titles to play through so missing this one for now really is no big deal to me. And I'm glad I'll wait as I do need to crack on with my current list.

I am gutted it's gone the way it has, but at the same time. It makes my heart bleed for PC gamers. Now the architecture is the same over all platforms (PC, PS4 and XBone), it won't be long until this is the norm. Sure, ports will play smooth. But barely look better than the console versions.

I've wanted to upgrade my 780 for a while. But now, I think I'll buy a PS4 as it's likely this will be a thing of the future. Ass kissing PC gamers has long gone. Now is the age of console loving by devs :(

Edit: I've had a few down my local, chances are, I'm talking ****e and will regret this post lol

Soldato

It's not the exact same thing, we don't even know what's going on yet. See below.

I haven't played Dark Souls 2, so I don't know. Calling a game average doesn't really mean much though, you may as well say it's blue, I'd be able to derive a similar amount of information from that.

This is the point I'm objecting to, because up until now they've been doing everything right. It doesn't make any sense based on past actions for them to be trying to screw their customers and fans over.

Something is going on, clearly, and it looks crap. I hope they're called out on it so that we can understand and see what's been going on.

Ubisoft on the other hand display very clear disdain for their customers, and as such it influences what they do and how they do it. So no, it really isn't the same.

Yes, they promised multiple things graphically to pull in a lot of pre orders. But ultimately and predictably changed the games engine and graphics to a SERIOUS downgrade last minute. Avoid if you have morals, buy if you don't care.

They haven't changed the engine, and the downgrade isn't as big as people are making out. For the most part it appears to be the lighting that's got the biggest issues. This is making the grass look bad and flat, as well as other things. Poor lighting can really make something look much worse than it really is.

But no, they haven't changed the engine, that isn't something that happens last minute. Also, don't be so dramatic and dogmatically state that if you have morals, you won't buy the game. That's just a ridiculous, and overly emotionally charged thing to say.

Soldato
It's not the exact same thing, we don't even know what's going on yet. See below.

We know they changed the graphical setting so much it's night and day from the previous how many months of advertisement. And we only got wiff of the 'true' graphics in the last week or so...

I haven't played Dark Souls 2, so I don't know. Calling a game average doesn't really mean much though, you may as well say it's blue, I'd be able to derive a similar amount of information from that.

Very similar, loads of PR with EPIC graphics and what have you, turns out, it was all a load of ****, which recently, they charged their fan base the price of a new game to have the 'next gen graphics'. Scandal.

This is the point I'm objecting to, because up until now they've been doing everything right. It doesn't make any sense based on past actions for them to be trying to screw their customers and fans over.

Something is going on, clearly, and it looks crap. I hope they're called out on it so that we can understand and see what's been going on.

Thank you! I really hope they are mature enough as a company to own up to their dirty tactics.

Ubisoft on the other hand display very clear disdain for their customers, and as such it influences what they do and how they do it. So no, it really isn't the same.

Could not agree more, I shouldn't have used them as a comparison. Ubi take the absolute **** out of their customers, it's a blatent insult. I'd go as far as nick naming them Rodney.

They haven't changed the engine, and the downgrade isn't as big as people are making out. For the most part it appears to be the lighting that's got the biggest issues. This is making the grass look bad and flat, as well as other things. Poor lighting can really make something look much worse than it really is.

But no, they haven't changed the engine, that isn't something that happens last minute. Also, don't be so dramatic and dogmatically state that if you have morals, you won't buy the game. That's just a ridiculous, and overly emotionally charged thing to say.

The thing is though chap, they have, maybe not the engine, but the 'optimisation' is a load of tosh. They ran it on something that was never intended to be released. But instead to reel in money on pre orders. It's disgraceful.

Permabanned
Thing is, they did not have to do that to get the pre orders, just the name of the game and the company name would have done that after the last two games. Anyway I am still a massive Witcher fanboi and am still really looking forward to this game.

Back
Top Bottom