• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I was going to do a complete system upgrade for this game. I guess i can sell my 7970 and buy a 480 and run this at max now.

So glad i didn't reorder and so happy i didn't upgrade.

Soldato
Well I've had a go of witcher 2 this weekend as I've got 3 on pre order. Not really into it much tbh from the 2 hours I played. I can never remember what each symbol does for your powers and I think the fighting is a bit clunky. Also spent half the time just watching cut scenes.

Does it get better? Any tips how to get into it?

Where abouts are you in game?

Associate
Well I've had a go of witcher 2 this weekend as I've got 3 on pre order. Not really into it much tbh from the 2 hours I played. I can never remember what each symbol does for your powers and I think the fighting is a bit clunky. Also spent half the time just watching cut scenes.

I ended up restarting 2 yesterday as last time i played it my cards were on air and they were getting scary hot. Going to run through that this week as the other half is away on business and hoefully ill get to 3 in not too long although for the Ukraine pre order price its not a big deal as itll be a while before its that cheap elsewhere id imagine

jkb

jkb

Associate

Yes it gets better. First time I played it I gave up after a couple of hours. I came back to it weeks later and everything just fell into place after I made my choice of which side to choose

Associate
Forgot the entire point I was going to post. Yeah if the graphics have been downgraded then that sucks but if it's to get it to an acceptable framerate that's ok however after playing 2 again what we need for more is improved animations (my auto correct almost made that impressive bed animations which would be somewhat appropriate).

Soldato
Same here where have u got up 2?

I'm just at the end of Chapter 3

Just about to go attack the Salamandra base in Vizima.

However since I'm at work today, I probably wont finish it before midnight... :p

The prologue is arguably the weakest part of the game, it does get a lot better after that:)

Yeah, the game only really starts "properly" when you get to Flotsam

Soldato
This is it, who's going to be playing at 12am tonight? Personally I'm going on hols in just over a week so going to hold of starting this till I get back, it's not going to be easy.

Will people throw up a few 4K screen shots and let me know how it runs, especially if you have a TX.

Soldato
Are people really happy to accept mis-selling? Devs need to stop doing this. Only good thing is we now know that no dev can actually be trusted.

Honestly, we went over that a lot in the past couple of days. I don't think it has anything to do with accepting mis-selling. Some people in this thread just decided that the graphics downgrade won't have a detrimental effect on their enjoyment of the game, which is perfectly reasonable. I still think Witcher 3 looks slightly underwhelming, worse than GTA 5 and even Witcher 2, and has lost a significant chunk of its atmosphere but I stopped bickering about it since it won't change anything. It's just a game and I don't intend to lose sleep over it. Besides, I haven't technically been mis-sold anything since I never preorder games as a rule:) It's an utterly stupid practice as we all know devs can hardly be trusted nowadays.

The game unlocks tonight, all the debates on whether it looks amazing or crap are completely pointless since we'll soon be able to see for ourselves.

With a couple of mods, it has potential to look pretty amazing and I think it won't be long before some talented modder revamps the grass/effects and puts CDPR to shame:) It happened with Skyrim so I can't see why it wouldn't be the case for Witcher 3.

You can always "borrow" the game from teh internetz to see how it looks/plays and uninstall/buy it based on whether it meets your standards of quality or not. That's what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Associate
Also Nvidia have released their Witcher 3 GPU drivers today, including full SLI support.
Well done Nvidia that's the way!

Happy about it, even if it should be a given.

Check out this video from Game Star (I'm the first one who doesn't want to add to the downgrade discussion, but is the best video I've seen so far, with the final build)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom