• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
"As for the PC version, it looks just like the console versions just with a higher resolution and a lower-form of HairWorks in effect."

If this is the case, why are the minimum requirements so high? Surely a 5 year old build will be able to play this game competently.

Caporegime
"As for the PC version, it looks just like the console versions just with a higher resolution and a lower-form of HairWorks in effect."

If this is the case, why are the minimum requirements so high? Surely a 5 year old build will be able to play this game competently.

DX12 isnt released yet, we still have overheads.

Soldato
Happy about it, even if it should be a given.

Check out this video from Game Star (I'm the first one who doesn't want to add to the downgrade discussion, but is the best video I've seen so far, with the final build)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

Why in none of these videos i see do they not actually pan the damn camera? If i just show you one view of something then sure i can make sure that side looks amazing....

Can we see someone pan the camera slowly in areas with trees and vegetation. Also more investigation of the water effects would be good.

Soldato
to resource restraints which were probably evident from the start.

So you can do better right? You can tell exactly what myriad of issues/contraints/bugs are going to pop up and require changes, months/years in advance? We need people like you, please join!

I assume you're going to have the conversation with the publisher where you tell them you're going to cut back the quality on the E3 demo to the bottom end of what you think is possible? Just so, you know, some keyboard warriors don't get upset when they are poring over side by side screenshot comparisons years down the line.

Associate

Because if they had released the true system requirements, they wouldn't have been able to carry on the illusion that we will be getting the game originally promised with revolutionary graphics. You can bet that these are the most overblown system requirements in the history of gaming.

Soldato
I'm starting to get excited. I am not staying up tonight, but I have booked Wednesday off so Tuesday night and Wednesday are witcher days for me.

Soldato
I assume you're going to have the conversation with the publisher where you tell them you're going to cut back the quality on the E3 demo to the bottom end of what you think is possible?

Well actually, this would be the sensible and ethical thing to do, as people naturally expect things to get better over time/as technology advances, not worse. However that wouldn't generate pre-orders... ;)

Back
Top Bottom