• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
This game does look stunning...

WL04.jpg

Oh no wait, thats the old version that no longer exists, instead we get this...

17564152519_5f2d252c1c_k.jpg

Wow, it looks so next gen :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Annoying isnt it, when you get sold something and it turns out to be something different to what you originally expected. Some would call it fraud, deceit, lies etc...but bottom line, its a dirty tactic and bizarrely tolerated, even defended in the gaming community.

Soldato
Annoying isnt it, when you get sold something and it turns out to be something different to what you originally expected. Some would call it fraud, deceit, lies etc...but bottom line, its a dirty tactic and bizarrely tolerated, even defended in the gaming community.

Your not allowed to talk sense, shame on you :eek:

Associate

I know, because we have seen nothing as to how the actual release version looks over the past few months, right? :rolleyes:

If we had nothing else but those old vids then you would have a point, but we have all had plenty of time to cancel any preorders in outrage.

Get a grip kiddies :p

Last edited:
Permabanned

Just don't pre order any games if that is how you feel. Not as if you were forced LOL. I pre order no games at all as I have common sense, W3 gets a free ticket as I am a fan boi for the books/games well everything witcher related. Any other games I have a policy that I wait until they are out for a few months and pick them up dirt cheap.

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually think some of the artists on CD Projekt RED left the team or were sick or something because the gods honest truth is my 4 year old nephew could do a better job of those 2d cut out grass textures. I will still get the game but i have never seen vegetation textures like that in any game in this era of gaming. Hell ps3 red dead redemption vegetation graphics are better than this. :eek:

Anyway i'm calling it now. I think there was either a dispute where they were using assets (in the preview builds) that they now cannot use..for whatever reason (legal/ copyright etc) so at the last minute they redo those textures. Or some members of the art/anim team were sick or away on holiday or left the dev team or something. Because it is mind blowingly obvious ****** up **** :p

OR the other glaringly obvious but sad reason (which they have already admitted) they tailored the game assets at the lowest common denominator ie XBOX1. And shafted PC gamers worldwide...

But hey apart from that it looks great (lighting and other things) and i do think modders will have sorted out the grass vegetation stuff AND the damn freaky wind making all the vegetation and trees do the mambo in synch :D

Just starting Witcher 2 by the time i finish it W3 be all modded to perfection :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Jesus what happened to this game! I've not been keeping up with news and browsing around a few sites today and everywhere is buzzing with downgradegate.

How could CDProjekt do this, always see there name banded around as one of the good guys of gaming yet it appears they have done a ubisoft on us. How the hell do you go from that to that

b4TnCh2.gif

Ive been saving for a PC pretty much just for this game, could have bought on PS4 but decided this one needs to be played in all its glory on a high end machine.

Sure it will still be good, but damn.

Soldato
I remember watching the early gameplays and thinking it looked amazing, but tbh rewatched them after all the moaning and the frame rate etc is terrible, obviously it was early on but surely the change was part of the optimization so we could actually play it at an acceptable rate.

The sword of destiny trailer looks more like what the finish product has and thats spot on imo, that trailer is what really got me to pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom