• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Soldato
So you can do better right? You can tell exactly what myriad of issues/contraints/bugs are going to pop up and require changes, months/years in advance? We need people like you, please join!

I assume you're going to have the conversation with the publisher where you tell them you're going to cut back the quality on the E3 demo to the bottom end of what you think is possible? Just so, you know, some keyboard warriors don't get upset when they are poring over side by side screenshot comparisons years down the line.

Can you stop with these "you do better" posts. I'm not a game dev and I'm not into marketing. You're making stupid point.

I'll probably still buy and enjoy the game, but I can still be disappointed and voice my opinion. Maybe we need more people like you who just sit back and take it? Yes, it takes mammoth amounts of resources, financially and human. Yes devs crunch through...but you know what? They have a choice. So please spare the bullcrap. I'm kinda hoping that they're going to be honest about this rather than just relying on "insider" information.

Soldato
Hows the hype train here at OCUK right now?!

Going strong for some, for others the train looks underwhelming, bit bland, lacking in visual quality and the carriages full of lying devs.

Other than that, yeah, many are in the fanboi carriage overlooking the graphics issue and discussing Geralts beards and hair styles.

Soldato
Going strong for some, for others the train looks underwhelming, bit bland, lacking in visual quality and the carriages full of lying devs.

Other than that, yeah, many are in the fanboi carriage overlooking the graphics issue and discussing Geralts beards and hair styles.

Yes, it must be fan boys, it can't possibly be that a few of us have got to grips with the fact that the graphics have been downgraded and can appreciate a change of topic after 40 pages of discussion.

Soldato
Yes, it must be fan boys, it can't possibly be that a few of us have got to grips with the fact that the graphics have been downgraded and can appreciate a change of topic after 40 pages of discussion.

Agreed. It is what it is. It's disappointing, but the game still looks like great fun (and still very pretty) so I plan to enjoy it. Spilled milk and all that.

Associate
I was speaking to my friend Dejeeri and he was moaning about the graphic downgrade to me, I told him it's time to get over it as it's still gonna look good and it will still be a good game.

Still annoyed at the downgrade but I need to move on and enjoy the game.
Dejeeri needs to move on but I don't think he can. :(

Associate
My laptop -
Screen Resolution 1920x1080
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ Processor
(6M Cache, 2.4ghz up to 3.40 GHz
RAM 12 GB DDR3 1600
Memory Speed 1600 MHz
Hard Drive 750 GB
Graphics Coprocessor nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M 3GB GDDR5

CPU runs higher than 2.4ghz :)..

Would I be able to play this on medium settings or low? :) Thinking about getting it on laptop rather than xbox one

Associate

Only the Titan maxes out the *downgraded* game with smooth frame rates at 1080p.

So from that, I am guessing that a single Titan would churn out Witcher 2013 edition at around 20-30 fps. In otherwords, the maxed out game would be unplayable for anyone with less than a Titan SLI setup.

I believe CDPRs stated reasons for the downgrade. They set the bar far too high and it just wasn't ever going to be doable. These graphics in the 2013 trailers were 5 years ahead of their time, especially in an open world RPG game that is immensely more demanding per unit of eye candy than any other type of game.

Back
Top Bottom