• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
I'm hoping my 290 can push 40+ FPS on max settings with a few of the nvidia options turned off. We'll have to see.

Any word on what the pc patch contains? I hope it's not going to be a large download that will kill the servers and delay the launch :(

Soldato
Can you stop with these "you do better" posts. I'm not a game dev and I'm not into marketing. You're making stupid point.

Only good thing is we now know that no dev can actually be trusted.

People like you need to put up, shut up, or be a little more sympathetic to the people that slog their guts out to make these games you enjoy. The game isn't even out and you're throwing around insults, not just CDPR but all devs! Grow up.

Soldato
People like you need to put up, shut up, or be a little more sympathetic to the people that slog their guts out to make these games you enjoy. The game isn't even out and you're throwing around insults, not just CDPR but all devs! Grow up.

Wow. I haven't exactly been "throwing" insults around and once more, you make it sound like these guys have no other choice? Did you forget that we actually pay for this? They aren't doing this for the greater good :rolleyes:

Soldato
Is Tomb Raider Open-world?

It's open world like Witcher 2 is open world. Some bits are totally linear, others less so and the bulk of the map is made of open-ish areas connected by wide linear paths. After a few hours though, you soon realise that it's not exactly expansive. It's a fantastic game though, I'm gutted the sequel is a console exclusive.

Soldato
I was speaking to my friend Dejeeri and he was moaning about the graphic downgrade to me, I told him it's time to get over it as it's still gonna look good and it will still be a good game.

Still annoyed at the downgrade but I need to move on and enjoy the game.
Dejeeri needs to move on but I don't think he can. :(

In pretty sure Dejeeri was saying the same thing to his mate darth muffin last night. Even pink slipper agrees

Soldato
Is Tomb Raider Open-world?

It is 2 years old and quite expansive in areas. Also it runs with ease on middle of the range hardware.

I'm sure Witcher 3 gamers would give up some draw distance if the graphics were up to scratch.

I reckon the game developers just ran out of time and they couldn't produce the entire game at the level shown in the original trailer. I don't think it was because of hardware constraints.

Soldato

Wow, someone hit a nerve!

Ultimately, they slog their guts out because it's their job to do so. If they're not happy to/unable to do that, then they should find a new line of work.

You wouldn't accept a plasterer leaving your wall uneven and full of dents/bumps, a garage giving you your car back with half the engine in a box, or a chef giving you a half cooked piece of chicken, even if they'd "slogged their guts out" for you, so why do developers get a free ride?

No one is saying they've done a bad job, but they certainly haven't delivered what was promised.

Saying they can't be trusted isn't an insult - if it turns out the game has been downgraded then it is completely true, so set aside your personal bias (it's pretty obvious you're a developer with a chip on their shoulder), and see the fact that people aren't necessarily slating them for creating a poor product or being "bad" developers, they're simply not happy about having been lied to and being delivered a product which is far inferior to what was promised.

Soldato
Wow. I haven't exactly been "throwing" insults around and once more, you make it sound like these guys have no other choice? Did you forget that we actually pay for this? They aren't doing this for the greater good :rolleyes:

You think that saying "no devs can be trusted" is a rational, reasonable aspersion to cast around just because a product that you have absolutely zero knowledge of the development process of, *might* look different to an early prototype shown years ago?

The crap pay and crap hours are a worthwhile tradeoff to be able make games for a living. Sometimes idiotic comments from the toxic corners of the gaming community that you apparently inhabit touch a nerve. I'm sure you wouldn't be too impressed if I started throwing ignorant blanket insults at your profession.

Soldato
You think that saying "no devs can be trusted" is a rational, reasonable aspersion to cast around just because a product that you have absolutely zero knowledge of the development process of, *might* look different to an early prototype shown years ago?

Nope. But it's a perfectly rational, reasonable aspersion to "cast around" when you've been explicitly told that the product hasn't been downgraded when anyone can clearly see it has.

You're missing the point.

Most people aren't annoyed because the game has been downgraded, they're annoyed because they were told a couple of months ago that it definitely wouldn't be.

I don't think many people would be too bothered if CDPR had come out and said "during our development it's become apparent that we don't have the resources to create/the game performance is unacceptable/insert valid reason here to keep the graphical quality as high as planned, but we're looking at an enhanced edition at some point in the future".

Last edited:
Soldato
im not really bothered if its downgraded.
if it looks worse than the witcher 2 then i will be bothered but if its just a little better in quality than witcher2 then i will be happy or even if its on par graphically again all good.

Associate
In their favour consoles weren't released when they first showed us a preview, I don't think they anticipated how poor the current crop of consoles were going to be. As the console market is the most profitable it's understandable that they had to downgrade to make the game playable for them. It's just bloody annoying that they didn't tell us this at the time. Instead they let us believe we were getting this amazing looking game when in reality we all get a gimped console optimised version.

Judging by benchmarks and the need for a titan x to run a game that looks half as good as it did nearly 3 years ago, the rest of us with average cards are gonna see nothing any better than ps4 owners.

Back
Top Bottom