The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Finished my first play through yesterday and I'd like to start over, but I can't motivate myself to do White Orchid again.

Has anyone got a Death March save with White Orchid 100% completed, but nothing else done? Please only provide saves where the game was started as Death March, not changed in the options.

Thanks

Soldato
How is the XP bug affecting people, not sure I want to play until it's fixed, I'm part way through an main quest and don't want to lose the XP.

Andi.

It's actually a good thing for me. I like doing all the side quests so I keep finding myself too high levelled for the main quests when I get to them. The last thing I need is more xp!

Soldato
The levelling is really showing it's faults the more I play. At this point, it is pretty much dictating what I do. I am level 21 and the main quests are about 15-17(doesn't help that they seem to get lower too on some quest chains). I'd like to explore and do more side quests, but I will be too over-levelled for the main quest...so I do some of the main quest, then find I have out-levelled some of the side quests I pick up. It just results in parts of the game becoming tedious, either through making fights too easy/hard, or making rewards not worth it.

Associate
for a first playthrough would blood and broken bones be reasonable ? like normal mode ? have some experience with the witcher 2

Started on that difficulty with no experience from previous Witcher games. First 5-10 levels I died a lot, but it was because I didn't know what I was doing (now that I do, I think I'd cope fine in a new playthrough on Deathmarch even).

Beyond level 10 your gear and your abilities start to become a bit OP and the difficulty of the game becomes insignificant.

Soldato
The levelling is really showing it's faults the more I play. At this point, it is pretty much dictating what I do. I am level 21 and the main quests are about 15-17(doesn't help that they seem to get lower too on some quest chains). I'd like to explore and do more side quests, but I will be too over-levelled for the main quest...so I do some of the main quest, then find I have out-levelled some of the side quests I pick up. It just results in parts of the game becoming tedious, either through making fights too easy/hard, or making rewards not worth it.

You couldn't be any more correct, which is a shame. I have found exactly this which is definitely a flaw currently with this game in my eyes.

Last edited:
Associate

At the beginning I liked the idea that there was no geographical / chronological dictation of difficulty in the world. It made it feel more real, and I liked that I could be in what most other games would call a "low level zone" and I'd encounter a guarded treasure with a level 30 mob. It also makes the world feel more real that, 60 hours in, a group of drowners I encounter in a newly explored place aren't for some reason 20 levels higher than the same type of group I encountered near the beginning of the game. Why should this particular pack of mobs be so much stronger just because of its location in the world?

And I still support the idea that you can scatter absurdly hard quests / creatures around a low level area. What's irritating me now though, as with most people it seems, is the number of low level quests in areas that it's extremely unlikely anybody of the appropriate level is going to encounter. For instance, why is there anything on Skellige below level 16? Who exactly is going to go there at level 10 when they're still behind on the main story in Velen and Novigrad?

I get that they were probably aiming to be as non-linear as possible with the way you quest around the world. That's not a bad design decision. The problem they've had is that there are simply far too many low level quests.

Last edited:
Soldato
I totally agree. It sounds great, but put in to practice, it just doesn't work as well as it should.

For a start there should be a cap that ensures you can't any pick up a quest less than about 3-4 below you. Personally, and I know a lot of people would disagree, I would also prefer that you couldn't pick up quests more than about 10 above you too... I've had a level 33 quest in my journal since I was level 5. I hope it wasn't too urgent!

PS. In Gwent, I am really loving the Monster deck!

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like apart from the main story quests not giving XP I'm not getting some formulas added to my alchemy, looks like this isn't worth playing until the patch on monday.

Back
Top Bottom