***The X-Factor Thread - ALL X-Factor Related Stuff In Here***

Soldato
Not really.
If 1% of the votes = 10,000+ then she could easily have a number one single on her hands if those people were willing to buy.
But you need to factor in friends and family on redial, so it's probably more like 1,000+ :p
Relatively when compared against the numbers for the other contestants, she did well lasting as long as she did.
Maybe they should think about removing the judges decision in future! Their comments can still influence voting, but ultimately the public decides who goes.
To counter that, I suppose the judges role would be somewhat pointless and we wouldn't be able to bitch as much on here :)

FTM

FTM

Soldato
lordy I hope Biffy Clyro were give a wheelbarrow load of cash for letting a kareoke singer murder thir song

presumably they changed the song title so stupid people wouldnt think they are the same song

Soldato
lordy I hope Biffy Clyro were give a wheelbarrow load of cash for letting a kareoke singer murder thir song

presumably they changed the song title so stupid people wouldnt think they are the same song

Does it really matter?

Last year I thought the RATM was a great thing due to the fact that the winner's song was

a) a very recent cover

b) a disney song and just so wrong.

c) the winner was just so annoying

This year I don't mind the winner and the song is good.

All the wannabes saying buy this for christmas is just as bad as the x-factor tbh. :o

Soldato
I'm not exactly a supporter of Cher, though she was my fave of all the contestants.

From a marketing perspective, I think Cher would be the person I would feel is easiest to market. The problem with her is the fact that the public don't seem to like her. Obviously, when it comes to selling records, likeability is pretty damn important.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens in a year's time, when the xfactor contestants are all released to do their own thing. Obviously Cardle is guaranteed the first big hit, but after that we must see how he does.

In the last few years, Shane Ward has (probably) done best of all. He has sold quite a lot of CDs, even though he doesn't appear on the telly as much as say, JLS or Burke. Cardle could emulate him.

Alternatively, Cardle may go the same route of Brookstein.

I think one problem with XFactor winners is that just because they won the contest, some winners expect to be living the life of superstars for the rest of their lives. Some don't understand that unless you work VERY hard and have a bit of luck, you may end up going back to your (old) day job, as your record company will drop you if you fail to sell records. Marketing is VERY important and unless you are constantly in the newspapers/TV/radio, advertising and selling your new single/album/concert, you could end up sinking without a trace.

PS. I missed the first half of yesterday's show because I was busy programming and watching, "The One" - I completely lost track of time.

Soldato
Shane Ward has done well? I thought that he was out for a long time due to throat issues etc, so wouldn't have sold as much. Leona and Alexandra would have sold more, no?

I thought exactly like you did until a couple of weeks ago.

On the telly they were running down a top 40 chart of the top selling XFactor contestants, by sales of each of their songs.

The one name that kept popping up was Shane Ward. I was seeing videos and hearing songs of his that I'd never heard of. Surprisingly, Leona Lewis's name didn't appear much, though I think Burke and Leona finished up with the top No.1 and No.2 selling singles.

Burke, Lewis and JLS seem to advertise and market themselves better. Shane Ward seems to release singles/CDs on the quiet.

Soldato
It's very true though, we never hear of Joe who won last years X-factor.

i heard somewhere that he released a single and it didn't even reach number-1, whereas olly murs released an album.

Soldato
It's very true though, we never hear of Joe who won last years X-factor.

i heard somewhere that he released a single and it didn't even reach number-1, whereas olly murs released an album.

Indeed. He released, a song called Ambitions.
I quite liked it and was surprised as I thought he would've released a slow, boring ballad (this is what XFactor contestants tend to do).

Olly Murs, who finsihed 2nd to Joe, did make No.1 a few weeks earlier, so at this point, Olly Murs is looking good.

I can't help feel that Joe is more suited to live stage shows and musicals, as opposed to a pop career.

Soldato
Ah I see, I don't think that Ward has been released from Cowells label yet either, so surprised that he's not had that much promo!

His last single had a bit of promo.
I think the main talking point was the fact that he had his shirt off.

For whatever reason, Ward likes to keep a low profile, which is the complete opposite of JLS who have hired a good team and are constantly appearing in newspapers, magazines and tv. On Saturday, before the XFactor, they even had their own ITV1 show. The people who organised this should pat themselves on the back as very few artists are afforded this opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom