theHunter: Call of the Wild

Associate
Is anyone else having trouble with 21:9?

All the game hints are off the screen to the left, and changing the mouse sensitivity in the control options has no effect no matter what you pick.

It looks amazing at 3440x1400p.

Soldato
Sadly no ultra wide here! I have however read what your experiencing is normal for this game on uw.

So starting to get the hang of this and bagged quite a few animals tonight even a black bear with the basic rifle, one shotted through left lung.

Two questions:

My difficulty is seeing the animals and whilst I have the glowing outline on it never actually works, anyone else get the glowing animal outline to appear? I only want it on whilst I'm learning the game.

Ok so perhaps a more important question but I've run out of ammo and can't seem to buy any! How do I do this? All rifle ammo in the cache box is locked.

Soldato
Yeh i see no point in the perks in game, especially the ones that help you to much, would rather the game be more of a sim myself, use all the perks and then there is no satisfaction to the hunting.

Caporegime
OP
Sadly no ultra wide here! I have however read what your experiencing is normal for this game on uw.

So starting to get the hang of this and bagged quite a few animals tonight even a black bear with the basic rifle, one shotted through left lung.

Two questions:

My difficulty is seeing the animals and whilst I have the glowing outline on it never actually works, anyone else get the glowing animal outline to appear? I only want it on whilst I'm learning the game.

Ok so perhaps a more important question but I've run out of ammo and can't seem to buy any! How do I do this? All rifle ammo in the cache box is locked.

you go to your camp site shop box and buy the default .243 ammo.unless you have other .243 ammo unlocked.like poly tip bullets. so whatever rifle you using you use the same ammo time. the default gun is a .243. 250 for 10.

Associate
A few screenies from the last couple of days...
KeFeBp.png

KeF38d.png

KeFRCt.png

KeFVuv.png

KexMcN.png

KexGL8.png

KexuOC.png

KexvFc.png

KexLem.png

Soldato
Does anyone else have an issue with the quality of the water graphics? A horrible glowing mess that detracts from the quality of the other graphics?

Soldato
This game looks absolutely gorgeous! I am so tempted by it. It looks like the perfect game to just wind down with. How does it run for those playing it now? I have a Core i5 3570k with an Asus R390. I play at 1080 so hopefully that's good enough to handle it. Anyone on similar?

Soldato
I use an i7 7700k and a 1080 albeit with 2 x aa set in nvidia control panel. It does stay at 60fps with no dips but the card is at max to achieve this

Soldato
Is there a cheat sheet somewhere that shows me where I should be shooting animals? As in which part of the body I should aim for to get the most efficient kill?
If you can get a head shot then that's instant, but generally heart and lungs are a surefire kill and an easier target. I had a really messy kill where I bodged a head shot and ended up hitting the jaw, then had to chase it along for ages until I took it down with a shot to........ the ass (specifically the tail). I think it just eventually just succumbed to blood loss.

I did clip through the ground a lot while prone which was incredibly immersion breaking, so I decided to refund it for now. I'll definitely be buying it again, but with a big backlog of games and a small child (goodbye long sessions) I think I'll wait until it's cheaper and the bugs are fixed.

Caporegime
OP
yes in deer species you aim for vital organs as other species.on a side shot hit just after the front leg armpit crease area will give a lung shot.this is probably the most common shot to do.often it will lead to a short tracking experience then a dead animal.

what it comes down to is do you want to shoot realistically ? or just effective with least tracking ?

neck shot and spine shots are often one shot kill.back of head can be.texas heart shots can be very effective also.which is shooting it in the ass straight line hits most organs.

in reality you wouldnt shoot deer in heads or ass head shots ruin the trophy antlers you after and ass shot would ruin meat.ingame though they are effective.

front on deer aim bang on middle of chest or down diagnal shoulder area which will give lung shots.

Associate
Just had three crashes in the space of 20 minutes around Balmont Lake. I played in Hirschenfeld for three days and didn't crash once. Back to Germany for me. Shame, as it seems like you get higher score kills in Layton Lake District.

Anyone done any MP yet?

Back
Top Bottom