theHunter: Call of the Wild

Soldato
Yes very buggy area. What did you think of the water graphically?
Just had three crashes in the space of 20 minutes around Balmont Lake. I played in Hirschenfeld for three days and didn't crash once. Back to Germany for me. Shame, as it seems like you get higher score kills in Layton Lake District.

Anyone done any MP yet?

Soldato
Went for a night time stroll this evening.
I was creeping around lake cheela or whatever its called. I was glassing a heard of Elk on the far shore when I heard a faint rustling behind me, turned around and caught a glimpse of reddish coloured fur. "I thought thats got to be a red fox", but it was dark and slightly foggy, there was a bit of foliage between us, wasnt exactly sure of range, so i pulled out the rifle instead of the bow, lined up a shot roughly what i thought must have been centre of mass just behind the top of the front legs.
I pulled the trigger and it dropped, went in for the carcass...

20170222183145_1_zpsvyjcuyje.jpg

Yeah that aint no fox... range and size is not easy to determine in the dark.

Shortly after bit more walking, up on the slopes of Mt leviathan I heard the unmistakable grunt of a black bear, creeped up and spotted it standing proud on its hind legs, got the trusty rifle out again, by the time i had lined up the shot it was back on all fours with its back to me, lined up a shot on its lower back/tailbone and let rip, amusingly it stopped dead still standing on all fours...

20170222184418_1_zpstoaowws6.jpg

Associate
Yes very buggy area. What did you think of the water graphically?
Yeah, the water isn't great. It's more the edges that look bad, for me. That and the edges of any objects being viewed between you and the water.

Went for a night time stroll this evening.
I was creeping around lake cheela or whatever its called. I was glassing a heard of Elk on the far shore when I heard a faint rustling behind me, turned around and caught a glimpse of reddish coloured fur. "I thought thats got to be a red fox", but it was dark and slightly foggy, there was a bit of foliage between us, wasnt exactly sure of range, so i pulled out the rifle instead of the bow, lined up a shot roughly what i thought must have been centre of mass just behind the top of the front legs.
I pulled the trigger and it dropped, went in for the carcass...

20170222183145_1_zpsvyjcuyje.jpg
:D
Had a squirrel and a couple of rabbit, myself. Shame you don't get at least a bit of a reward for them. I'm going to try and get one with the bow, I think.

Associate
Spent 3 hours on this today trying (and failing) to track a fallow deer. Time flew by, reminds me of playing Civ :D

LOL I ended up doing a similar thing the other night, never did get a shot away at one, or anything come to that!

I saw on a video last night someone using the lure to get them to pay a little attention towards your area, which seemed to make the tracking/shooting of one a lot easier and quicker in reaching the objective. I'm yet to try it myself, but might be worth a go?

Associate
Spent 3 hours on this today trying (and failing) to track a fallow deer. Time flew by, reminds me of playing Civ :D

LOL I ended up doing a similar thing the other night, never did get a shot away at one, or anything come to that!

I saw on a video last night someone using the lure to get them to pay a little attention towards your area, which seemed to make the tracking/shooting of one a lot easier and quicker in reaching the objective. I'm yet to try it myself, but might be worth a go?
Fallow are tricky beggars. Even with the rattled lure, as soon as they get the slightest whiff of you, they're ghosts.

Anyone found Fox in Erndorf? Got a mission to track three of them but haven't found one in hours. Loads of Bison around but can't really take them on with the .243 rifle.

Soldato
Arghh this is getting frustrating I can't buy any ammo and I have none left! When in the shop I click on rifle ammo and the .243 soft point ammo just has a zero next to it rather than a price, help!

Are there any instructions for this game?

Associate
Arghh this is getting frustrating I can't buy any ammo and I have none left! When in the shop I click on rifle ammo and the .243 soft point ammo just has a zero next to it rather than a price, help!

Are there any instructions for this game?
.243 soft-point is free. You need to go into your inventory and equip it. If you've tried that, buy some polymer-tip, equip that, then buy some soft-point and try equipping then.

It would really help if there was some indication of how many rounds you have in the inventory screen. Whoever designed the menus in this game should be sacked, tbh.

KeR4Be.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, I managed to get 10 rounds but to be honest have no idea how I managed it. I don't have enough rifle xp yet for polymer tips.

Do you have to buy the .243 rounds first and then they appear in the inventory screen?

This is a game though that makes time fly by at warp speed!

Caporegime
OP
first time for some reason you have to click the circle in inventory after that though when you buy rounds they just automatically add.so its just the first time you do this for each weapon.

im loving the game just got struck with the crashing bug some have at moment.frustrating as the game is amazing.sometimes you can play whole day nothing then have 3 crashes in short succession.

they are aware of it though and hopefully its patched soon.nearly got enough for the winchester now. :cool:

Soldato
first time for some reason you have to click the circle in inventory after that though when you buy rounds they just automatically add.so its just the first time you do this for each weapon.

im loving the game just got struck with the crashing bug some have at moment.frustrating as the game is amazing.sometimes you can play whole day nothing then have 3 crashes in short succession.

they are aware of it though and hopefully its patched soon.nearly got enough for the winchester now. :cool:
Thanks I will check that. What a stupid unpublicised thing to have to do first!!!!

Associate
Thanks, I managed to get 10 rounds but to be honest have no idea how I managed it. I don't have enough rifle xp yet for polymer tips.

Do you have to buy the .243 rounds first and then they appear in the inventory screen?

This is a game though that makes time fly by at warp speed!
Not sure how it works, tbh. I'd just say don't let yourself run dry of ammo and you should be fine. I don't head out with less than 50 rounds and 20 arrows.

I'm just about to unlock the .270. Can't wait. The .243 struggles with Bison.

I have had some issues with crashes today. It's happened 5-6 times in around 8 hours. Three were in the space of 10 minutes, though. I started on Hirschfelden and didn't have a single issue for three days, as I said earlier. Went to Layton Lake District and it went nuts. Now, even after going back to Hirschfelden, I am still getting them occasionally. I've been getting some pretty hefty frame-rate dips in places, also.

Is there an official forum, DG? All I can find is the Steam one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I also have bframe rate dips on a gtx 1080 but to be fair it's such a graphically intense game I can't say it's poor optimisation.

Associate
Does that on mine too, even more so on the menu screen, but the biggest problem for me is not being able to change resolution now without it crashing to desktop. It then starts up saying it is in 640x480 even though it clearly isnt at that res.
Just want to set the correct res so i can optimise the other graphical settings to get it looking good with good FPS.
Hopefully there will be a fix soon for the weekend.

Caporegime
OP
its £20 game all in from cdkeys.com.or you can buy on steam for £30. all the guns and items are in the game.its a one time payment.theHunter classic which is the original game is a microtransactions game.

Brocky the steam forums is where forums is for call of the wild. you could try their twitter or facebook page.they are aware of the crashing issue and working on a patch.game is very addictive cant stop playing it :p

Soldato
its £20 game all in from cdkeys.com.or you can buy on steam for £30. all the guns and items are in the game.its a one time payment.theHunter classic which is the original game is a microtransactions game.

Brocky the steam forums is where forums is for call of the wild. you could try their twitter or facebook page.they are aware of the crashing issue and working on a patch.game is very addictive cant stop playing it :p

Is cdkeys.com a decent site to order from?

Back
Top Bottom