They are Billions - RTS meets Zombie Hordes !

Associate
I just managed to unlock map 2 and after watched a few videos by someone playing on 500% difficulty I gained a few tips.
I'm now on day 97 and have pretty much claimed the whole map, with triple stone walls, thanatos coming out my bum, snipes a plenty and a few Titan things for fun.... I now have nothing left to do as I have no space left and everything is pretty much in order for the final wave but I have to wait until day 150ish..... I need a speed up button. I should have played on a harder level (I went for the dirty, easiest just to get a feel for the map)

Man of Honour
Damn it another game ruined by a simple mistake. Didn't realise Lucifers killed your own troops. Rest in peace 15 soldiers, you will be remembered.

Man of Honour
by far my best run. still died on final wave though. But managed to get to end of tech tree and what a waste some things are.
like the titan so expensive and its weapon is so weak. Thanatos on the other hand rocks.
also what does radar do, it appeared to do nothing, is it broke?

also need more workers and more banks.

Yeah found that out the hard way too. I had to micro manage then eventually gave up on Lucifers.

yep no interest in lucifers or titans now.
a lot of soldiers and snipers and as many Thanatos towards the end as i can spam out.

so much luck with map layouts as well.

Soldato
Don't bother with lucifers unless they are free imo and then play them basically on their own.

It's so crippled.

Why does it even have a friendly fire penalty? We have some guy walking around with a rocket launcher blowing up zombies besides allies and they sure as heck don't take damage.

Also nonsense that it can't fire through walls but the same logic doesn't apply to everyone elses weapons...

also what does radar do,

You use it like a lookout tower, put it on the edge of your base where it can't be damaged and it removes the fog of war in a massive circle.

A much larger circle than the lookout tower.

If you have the income you can use it to reveal a massive bit of the map without having to grind through the zombie ocean. Can help with planning. You also see the zombies coming from much further away.

Man of Honour
ah thanks, probably why i didn't notice what it did, I was expecting it to put red dot zombies under the fog of war. by the time I get radar theres little use for it.

Soldato
How do you get the achievements for "Build a colony with 5,000 colonists." and "Build a colony with 5,000 colonists."?
How do you get that many people and how many workers does that give you? I'm always struggling for workers.
A friend of mine got the 1000, 2000, 5000 and 10000 colonists achievement in one evening. Do you just need to play map 1 on 3% and take over the map?

Also, I take it the "X infected killed!" achievements are a total across all save games? (how would you get 100M otherwise?)

Soldato
How do you get the achievements for "Build a colony with 5,000 colonists." and "Build a colony with 5,000 colonists."?
How do you get that many people and how many workers does that give you? I'm always struggling for workers.
A friend of mine got the 1000, 2000, 5000 and 10000 colonists achievement in one evening. Do you just need to play map 1 on 3% and take over the map?

Doesn't have to be map 1 but you need about 4 banks worth of stone houses I believe. You're only allowed 3 banks but about that many stone houses. Obviously more of lesser houses and more area needed.

Yes you need to expand over most of a map not just for space but materials.

It gives you a huge number of workers but you wouldn't go for 10k colonists in a serious game.

Soldato

Also, I take it the "X infected killed!" achievements are a total across all save games? (how would you get 100M otherwise?)

Choose map 2 and 150 days on easiest zombie population and boom, boom, boom your economy. You need to think about house placement so as to build as many in as you can. Farms should all be advanced so your not using space you could on houses. Most I’ve seen is 22k colonists.

Associate
How do you get the achievements for "Build a colony with 5,000 colonists." and "Build a colony with 10,000 colonists."?
First time I played map2 I played on 3% and was twiddling my thumbs waiting for the final swarm on day 95ish. This basically meant I had nothing to do but just build more farms/energy and houses for fun.

Associate
You'll get better. I watched several videos by someone who plays on 500% difficulty and follow his tips knowing that if they work for him they'll work for me :)
I now tend to have goals like certain number of villagers by certain days.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
God this thing is hard, i cant get past the last swam on the first map, am i poop!? :D

It's a steep learning curve but ultimately satisfying when you survive your first map.

I'm 40+ hours and have only won a handful of games but I enjoy it profusely !! Sure, you can go watch replays on how to beat the maps but that, for me, takes away from the game.

Stick with it, slowly expand and get a small roving band of troops to take care of initial threats. Housing is very important as it's your source of gold income.

Soldato
God this thing is hard, i cant get past the last swam on the first map, am i poop!? :D

Most people's mistakes are to do with economy. Most Advanced buildings are a waste for example. Advanced Farms are alright if youve got excess resources. Lots of units are pap. You can destroy everything with Snipers and Thanatos. Executors are boss. Shock towers are terribad.

Remember the horde always takes the shortest route to your command centre.

Also, not all walls have to join up (IE right across a choke). You can gain a lot of space by being more creative with wall placements.

You'll get better. I watched several videos by someone who plays on 500% difficulty and follow his tips knowing that if they work for him they'll work for me :)
I now tend to have goals like certain number of villagers by certain days.
It's a steep learning curve but ultimately satisfying when you survive your first map.

I'm 40+ hours and have only won a handful of games but I enjoy it profusely !! Sure, you can go watch replays on how to beat the maps but that, for me, takes away from the game.

Stick with it, slowly expand and get a small roving band of troops to take care of initial threats. Housing is very important as it's your source of gold income.
Most people's mistakes are to do with economy. Most Advanced buildings are a waste for example. Advanced Farms are alright if youve got excess resources. Lots of units are pap. You can destroy everything with Snipers and Thanatos. Executors are boss. Shock towers are terribad.

Remember the horde always takes the shortest route to your command centre.

Also, not all walls have to join up (IE right across a choke). You can gain a lot of space by being more creative with wall placements.

Thanks for the tips guys, ive avoided guides as since the days of C&C i like to just thrash it out and find my feet myself, but this is tough and i love it! :D Executors are indeed boss, just running out of space and resources towards the end seem to scupper me as i hate expanding too far and having thin defenses.

Ive kind of ignored snipers as they seem slow, do a group of them really make a difference ?

Back
Top Bottom