This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a dream last night that a dead sheep was found with a nail through its jaw.

Not as nice as my dream the night before.

I dreamt I was going on a cruise ship which went under water.

I was complaining though that I felt trapped and I didn't want to be on a stuck on a petri dish!!
I have often dreamt of me being murdered at work. Then seeing the headlines of newspapers blaming my employer for not replacing staff when they leave and not dismissing those long term sick who are useless and not team players.

That would actually be cool.

Can you lucid dream (control your dream)?
It felt like going on one of those huge fair ground rides, as it had to massively rock side to side, to go under the sea! :cry:

Think I moaned I was feeling sick with the motion of it going under, so I don't think I was impressed!

I used to be able to kind of control of them in a way.

Like if I came to a door and couldn't open it, I could somehow go back a bit and then come to the same door and open it.

I used to be able to do it but generally if I realise it’s a dream I wake up shortly afterwards.

At the moment my sleep quality is bad anyway / limited sleep so not much of a chance to try it.

That's cool you used to do it though.

I used to have a type of sleep paralysis where I'd wake up in my sleep but still be dreaming.

It would take several tries before I actually woke up.

Typically they would be nightmares though!

Yes, I get that too. I think the worse one was 4 or 5 times I dreamed I'd woken up but was actually still asleep. It really messes with your sense of reality when that happens.

Something needs to be done with selfish and inconsiderate parents parking taking their kids to/from school.

A journey that takes 7 mins on a non school day took three times as long.Had an appt that time. Usually I don’t, but as I’m off on holiday next Friday and no other appts on my days off.

Then, my colleague who’s back garden backs onto a road with school on other side, sees parents parking in lay-bys by the school then someone picks them up. Leaving the car in lay by during school hours Then drops them off just as school finishes.

A friend lives in a cul de sac opposite a school (school was built after she moved in) and parents are starting to park on their driveways! She asked the mum that she can’t park on her driveway. The mum said “I have rights to park where I like”. You don’t. Only people who are allowed to park on other’s driveways are guests, tradespeople and people such as mobile hairdressers.

What could my friend use to stop selfish parents parking on her drive? Her drive is 80% of the width of her home. Other 20% is flower beds. Can fit 2 cars, three at a squeeze. Other residents in her cul de sac had the same. Probably a letter to school from all of the residents (10 homes) is a start.

I have a job interview at the Royal Stoke tomorrow
Well, looks like I got it. They phoned up earlier this afternoon and offered me the job. Now I just have to go up next week to do all the paperwork and see how long I have to wait for all the checks to go through. Going to be fun with references though, none of my previous employers exist any more.

Well, looks like I got it. They phoned up earlier this afternoon and offered me the job. Now I just have to go up next week to do all the paperwork and see how long I have to wait for all the checks to go through. Going to be fun with references though, none of my previous employers exist any more.
No one cares you got the job, was it Moment To ... Restaurant or Momentums Café?

Seriously though, congratulaions :)

Something needs to be done with selfish and inconsiderate parents parking taking their kids to/from school.

A journey that takes 7 mins on a non school day took three times as long.Had an appt that time. Usually I don’t, but as I’m off on holiday next Friday and no other appts on my days off.

Then, my colleague who’s back garden backs onto a road with school on other side, sees parents parking in lay-bys by the school then someone picks them up. Leaving the car in lay by during school hours Then drops them off just as school finishes.

A friend lives in a cul de sac opposite a school (school was built after she moved in) and parents are starting to park on their driveways! She asked the mum that she can’t park on her driveway. The mum said “I have rights to park where I like”. You don’t. Only people who are allowed to park on other’s driveways are guests, tradespeople and people such as mobile hairdressers.

What could my friend use to stop selfish parents parking on her drive? Her drive is 80% of the width of her home. Other 20% is flower beds. Can fit 2 cars, three at a squeeze. Other residents in her cul de sac had the same. Probably a letter to school from all of the residents (10 homes) is a start.

You can buy a locking, folding bollard for about £100. They shouldn’t have to do that, because people shouldn’t be self centred *****, but it’s an option.
I’m a father to a 2 year old, and I will absolutely not use the fact that I have a kid as Carte Blanche to crap all over everybody else.

Meanwhile, Potentially awkward situation arising onboard. We have a Russian electrician, Sergei, nice guy. However, the new 1st Engineer’s just joined, and I assumed from seeing his name on emails relating to the crew change, Vadim, that he was Russian, but I’ve just met him, and he’s Ukrainian. Don’t think the 2 have met yet…

Had a huge logo on the wall, it's 'Moment To'. Did mention the Momentums saga to the bloke after the interview, and we both agreed it was more than likely an erroneous spell check/autocorrect.

@Malevolence
So sorry but I've been on the Isle of Wight from Monday up until today and stayed away from Social Media.
However I've no idea where it is but congratulations.
SODEXO are now based in D Block and I park my bike to the right side of the building on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, it's quite safe there because people look out onto it.
I work in A Block across from it.

You can buy a locking, folding bollard for about £100. They shouldn’t have to do that, because people shouldn’t take be self centred *****, but it’s an option.

I’m a father to a 2 year old, and I will absolutely not use the fact that I have a kid as Carte Blanche to crap all over everybody

Do you think a letter from the residents of the cul de sac be the first call? Then school could put “please do not park on residents’ drives in (street name), due to complaints” on e-mails to parents. Then if continues, school and police should come together.

People should not be made to buy parking bollards.

@Malevolence
So sorry but I've been on the Isle of Wight from Monday up until today and stayed away from Social Media.
However I've no idea where it is but congratulations.
SODEXO are now based in D Block and I park my bike to the right side of the building on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, it's quite safe there because people look out onto it.
I work in A Block across from it.
No worries. If all goes well I'll be wandering about the hospital like a little lost lamb in a few weeks as a porter. Will be a bit of a change from my usual work, but needs must and all that and at least it isn't in a dreary warehouse.

Do you think a letter from the residents of the cul de sac be the first call? Then school could put “please do not park on residents’ drives in (street name), due to complaints” on e-mails to parents. Then if continues, school and police should come together.

People should not be made to buy parking bollards.
it would be a cordless Makita drill through the sidewalls first for me tbh ,don't ever show signs of weakness or life will treat you like a doormat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom