This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She went on public radio and got shown up for her hypocrisy, she's clearly a willing part of the movement, and yes whilst climate change is an issue, she was mocked for the blatant double standards. I guess the good thing is she didn't do the usual thing people do and just lie about it, so there is that. Just because she's 16 doesn't somehow protect her from being roasted when caught out.

Some have been calling it bullying, it is not at all, it is calling someone out for their failings, especially when they have made themselves a public figure and gone on record about it. I'm all for this sort of thing because it makes people think twice before they do or say things that will get them ridiculed at a later date and will hopefully fuel some common sense into them for the better.

My take on these sorts of things is that I don't care who they are or what side they are on, if they make themselves a public symbol and do or say things that are "one rule for thee and one rule for me", then they are firmly on the grill to be destroyed via a roasting.

Last edited:
My new fixed rate starts today. Absolute blind luck works in my favour, again.

Currently avoiding starting work on a really messy set of data. Maybe it will go away if I ignore it for long enough, like my ex did.

Halloween, each year, get more and more crap in the shops. Trick n treating - basically begging for sweets from strangers. Teens here want money, not sweets. Then have to stop teens buying eggs and flour as just going to throw them at people's houses and cars, "We are making pancakes" one teen said to me. "Don't think so".

Then get parents who moan that we have sold out of costumes. Make your own with a black bin bag cut down the seam and ta da -a cape. We had to make our own as a child.

Halloween, each year, get more and more crap in the shops. Trick n treating - basically begging for sweets from strangers. Teens here want money, not sweets. Then have to stop teens buying eggs and flour as just going to throw them at people's houses and cars, "We are making pancakes" one teen said to me. "Don't think so".

Then get parents who moan that we have sold out of costumes. Make your own with a black bin bag cut down the seam and ta da -a cape. We had to make our own as a child.
Throwing eggs and flour at your houses and cars is horrible behaviour :(

Just had someone tail gating me through the 30s and 40s - gave them a chance to go past me and didn't take it, got to the open road and I was up to 60 and they were miles back, then again in the 30s and 40s so close behind me at one point the proximity sensor on my vehicle flashed up... in the end pulled over to let them past - but they decided to take a turning instead (think they thought I was going to road rage them)... absolute brain dead idiot - if I'd had to unexpectedly stop even moderately quickly they'd have been into the back of me.

Just had someone tail gating me through the 30s and 40s - gave them a chance to go past me and didn't take it, got to the open road and I was up to 60 and they were miles back, then again in the 30s and 40s so close behind me at one point the proximity sensor on my vehicle flashed up... in the end pulled over to let them past - but they decided to take a turning instead (think they thought I was going to road rage them)... absolute brain dead idiot - if I'd had to unexpectedly stop even moderately quickly they'd have been into the back of me.

I am constantly pulling over to let numptys past ,i just like to stick near a sensible speed ,get the music on and have a relaxed drive ,sometimes i hold back on retaliatory hand signals when local as there's only 265 of my cars type in the uk plus private plate and don't want it keyed at a car park ect

Gasket blows out on an exhaust gas economiser, blasting 10 bar steam and superheated water into the engine room at 4am. Get that fixed by 9am only for a valve on a cooling seawater pump to suddenly develop a hole, dumping tonnes of seawater into the engine room, triggering pretty much all the bilge alarms almost at the same time. And as we’re trying to isolate that, a branch pipe connecting the seawater cooling system on the other side of the ship also starts leaking.

I could swear that this ship is sentient, and trying to commit suicide.

Gasket blows out on an exhaust gas economiser, blasting 10 bar steam and superheated water into the engine room at 4am. Get that fixed by 9am only for a valve on a cooling seawater pump to suddenly develop a hole, dumping tonnes of seawater into the engine room, triggering pretty much all the bilge alarms almost at the same time. And as we’re trying to isolate that, a branch pipe connecting the seawater cooling system on the other side of the ship also starts leaking.

I could swear that this ship is sentient, and trying to commit suicide.

Sounds like an absolute turd! I finally fixed an interesting one with 4 of our tugs last week.

All started smoking heavily at about the same time. Loss of engine power at high revs only. 3 fuel pumps died. One on each of the vessels with scanias, one on the vessel with the volvos.
2 with scanias, 1 volvo and 1 Cummins. My engineers were scratching their heads over it for 2 weeks.

This happens to me all the time, get to a national speed limit and they are nowhere to be seen because they drive 40 everywhere. ******* ****.

Sounds like an absolute turd! I finally fixed an interesting one with 4 of our tugs last week.

All started smoking heavily at about the same time. Loss of engine power at high revs only. 3 fuel pumps died. One on each of the vessels with scanias, one on the vessel with the volvos.
2 with scanias, 1 volvo and 1 Cummins. My engineers were scratching their heads over it for 2 weeks.

Sounds a bit weird for them all to do that at same time, especially when it’s different engines doing the same thing. Recently changed fuel supplier, or was it a case of someone not doing something properly or doing something stupid instead of what they should be doing?

Sounds a bit weird for them all to do that at same time, especially when it’s different engines doing the same thing. Recently changed fuel supplier, or was it a case of someone not doing something properly or doing something stupid instead of what they should be doing?

Fuel. Passes all the required checks apart from visible and lubricosity. Dark and cloudy. Looks like crap.
Drained the tanks, flushed the systems and they're running perfectly. Might pull the injectors just to check them next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom