This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Man of Honour
New phone is currently 'out for delivery'. Haven't had a new one for 5 years and I'm dreading having to install all my apps and get it all set up.

Soldato
Stepfather went into a care home last week. He's 93. Mum moved in with him though she doesn't need to be admitted on her own account. House will have to be sold to pay the fees. There goes the inheritance. Sister wanted me to give up my life and move into the house to protect it but i could be there years and she could still go in on her own account and it gets sold anyway. Besides I'm the worlds worst carer I'm far to self centered and I wouldn't be happy. It doesn't make me feel any less bad though.

Soldato
Getting more and more used to living in Wales. Gotten used to listening to the Owls at night and the stream that runs next to our garden. Even gotten used to the single lanes and tractors lol.
Had a funny moment other day when i needed a headlight bulb for my A3 (still doing 60+mpg consistently ;)). Considered buying online but thought i'd try local as i prefer supporting local economies over conglomerates.
Went to one garage, they recommended another garage because there's were out getting hair cuts and picking kids up... :D
Went to this other Car Shop and asked inside. He tutted and walked out mumbling "Audi's are a pain in the bloody arse mutter mutter" :D
He asked me to pop bonnet, with me thinking he's just going to look at it to see if he can then he'll tell me....
Nope. He pops the cap off, takes bulb holder out, takes a headlight bulb out of his pocket like a magician, replaces it all and walks off.... :D
I shut bonnet and lock car up, then i go inside... "how much?". "£9.77" "ok, cheers". :D

It would have cost me nearly that to have one posted lol. Can't grumble. :)

Soldato
Called at Lidl Wadebridge so just doing some bird watching and yes I always have emergency tea available

IMG20240130124546.jpg

Soldato
Getting more and more used to living in Wales. Gotten used to listening to the Owls at night and the stream that runs next to our garden. Even gotten used to the single lanes and tractors lol.
Had a funny moment other day when i needed a headlight bulb for my A3 (still doing 60+mpg consistently ;)). Considered buying online but thought i'd try local as i prefer supporting local economies over conglomerates.
Went to one garage, they recommended another garage because there's were out getting hair cuts and picking kids up... :D
Went to this other Car Shop and asked inside. He tutted and walked out mumbling "Audi's are a pain in the bloody arse mutter mutter" :D
He asked me to pop bonnet, with me thinking he's just going to look at it to see if he can then he'll tell me....
Nope. He pops the cap off, takes bulb holder out, takes a headlight bulb out of his pocket like a magician, replaces it all and walks off.... :D
I shut bonnet and lock car up, then i go inside... "how much?". "£9.77" "ok, cheers". :D

It would have cost me nearly that to have one posted lol. Can't grumble. :)

It's a fine balance isn't it. Personally i'd prefer to have just ordered one online and not had to drive around different places. Although was thankful when i needed a new 30A fuse for the Jeep last year and went to a local garage who gave me one without charging me!

Man of Honour
Some of Mark Knopfler's guitars sold for over £8m. Some of the estimates were like £8k but ended up going for £416k and one was estimated around £16k and went for £500k. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68160058

Obviously this is a bunch of millionaires that’s not representative of society, but I did have a chuckle as on paper this has got to be one of the most boomer-ish things ever - absurd spending :p

From what I can tell, the interest in guitarists towards these sorts of ‘old school rock icons’ is definitely waning - but perhaps it’s just music fans that are buying it as memorabilia.

Soldato
Hmm, i need to find some binoculars,

i spotted a roof tile in my neighbors guttering this morning, hoping it hasnt come off my roof from the storm last week, hoping its from their roof

I think i would only be able to confirm this with a pair of bino's as i cant see properly,

Caporegime
Hmm, i need to find some binoculars,

i spotted a roof tile in my neighbors guttering this morning, hoping it hasnt come off my roof from the storm last week, hoping its from their roof

I think i would only be able to confirm this with a pair of bino's as i cant see properly,

Just use your phone to zoom in and see how good that is first?

Soldato
Just use your phone to zoom in and see how good that is first?

Yeh i tried that, i mean, its an ok phone camera, when you zoom in it is a little pixelated, i couldn't at the time see any issues but i was viewing it on my phone screen, i think i would get much better visability using a pair or small binos, i will try another few pics on the phone tomorrow and then transfer them to my laptop and check

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom