This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
won £30 on the lottery {that will go back in to games) five quid and a couple of free lucky dips, only put a tenner in and asked the fam to pick some numbers, been spending ages thinking how much is enough to make everyone in your family not need to work (but keep/improve their lifestyle) 10 mill ? more i think

Last edited:
Soldato
Got given a couple of barely used Dell monitors, got them home and found they only support up to 1680x1050. Oh well I thought, I'll just hook 'em up, one either side of my current monitor, and use them as secondary/tertiary displays and just continue using my current monitor as the main one. Buggers won't fit on my desk. Gutted.

Man of Honour
Got given a couple of barely used Dell monitors, got them home and found they only support up to 1680x1050. Oh well I thought, I'll just hook 'em up, one either side of my current monitor, and use them as secondary/tertiary displays and just continue using my current monitor as the main one. Buggers won't fit on my desk. Gutted.

Got myself a Samsung 2233RZ 1680x1050 120Hz back in the day when most people were still on slow 60Hz LCDs or lower resolution CRTs - was like using cheats in a multiplayer games LOL, could run rings around most people until more people started getting better monitors.

Last edited:
Soldato
First day of the new school year for both girls today. Quite emotional, really. If you need me at all I'll be over there by the time machine I'm going to build.
I remember that feeling ( I have 2 girls) uni was emotional also, I think this video captures the sentiment.
Apologies in advance for Mamma Mia haters
Just so you know I was sober posting this

Last edited:
Soldato
Who TF is doing Waitrose's ads these days? They look like a Sixth Form project. The latest Valentine's Day one with two Made in Chelsea / TOWIE types is truly bizarre and I can't imagine popular with their market.

Soldato
Some manager looking guy just tried to push in front of me at the supermarket. I didn't let him by politely informing him that I was already queueing and he got quite aggro at me and trying to direct me to a totally different and inappropriate set of checkouts (which, even if it was a sensible suggestion, could have been voiced before just plopping himself in there).

Ultimately I retook my position in the queue. This is a great day for queueing etiquette and so a great day for Britain.

Soldato
Today I was driving to somewhere in Cardiff and fuming as my wife's directions are terrible. She'd already sent me the wrong way once. I made her turn on Google maps.

Aaanyway, she was loudly telling me how unreasonable I am and how she doesn't get things wrong. She then confidently said "left", half a second before Google maps said "take the next right".

The rest of the drive passed in silence. Apart from my sniggering.

Back
Top Bottom