This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Biggest dog I’ve ever seen was a Russian Borzoi - ‘small horse’ size. It caused instant fear like I’d seen a big spider. It just looked and moved ‘wrong’… hard to explain!

Edit - some snaps from the web that sort of show what I mean…

9odYuYP.jpg

pPDExm2.jpg
Oh wow! That is incredible!

Man of Honour
Oh wow! That is incredible!

Deffo, although my reaction upon its ‘gallop’ towards me was more: “… the gates to the underworld hath opened - please make my death swift…”

The owner laughed at my shock and said: “borzoi mate” before mounting the beast and riding it off into the distance.

Soldato
My wifes on a webinar/training call which she's recording. I was unaware of this.

I've just been for a run, then jumped in the pool and as i walked in the house to the shower, i walked in the background and the recording has picked me up from her camera. Turns out she's doing a presentation to her team/boss later and forwarding this on :(

Good job i at least had shorts on as i very nearly didn't to avoid dripping in the house!

Last edited:
Soldato
The broken bit of my tooth came away earlier this evening from a sneeze. Only 5 more days before the whole tooth is extracted. As had root canal done on that tooth - I knew I had it done on two teeth but couldn't remember which ones until dentist reminded me.

Broken bit kept on tooth for a good 3 weeks. Couldn't remember when it happened. Coughing loads at the beginning of the year which can crack teeth.

Soldato
I posted an item via special delivery Tuesday, it hasn’t moved from the depot since Tuesday evening and if it hasn’t moved by Friday then it’s most likely lost. Like how? It’s bagged with all the other parcels, how could it possibly just get lost? Just say it’s been stolen.

Last edited:
Soldato
So big news,

This morning I made the decision to step away from running my company, i was offered last week to sell the company to the company I tend to subcontract from regularly. My staff will keep all their current perks but now have constant regular work rather than me running at and finding work.

I’m mainly doing this as I and my partner have noticed a definitive drop in my mental health and physical health (not sleeping answering emails at 3 am.., putting on weight, always tired, self loathing etc…). My employees seem supportive when I talked with them this morning

Not sure what I’m going to do but I’m going to have a couple of weeks of just me, my family and the dog. Might show volunteer for a bit but I think the main target will be to get back to hands on work. I don’t think I’m suited to managing.

Caporegime
So big news,

This morning I made the decision to step away from running my company, i was offered last week to sell the company to the company I tend to subcontract from regularly. My staff will keep all their current perks but now have constant regular work rather than me running at and finding work.

I’m mainly doing this as I and my partner have noticed a definitive drop in my mental health and physical health (not sleeping answering emails at 3 am.., putting on weight, always tired, self loathing etc…). My employees seem supportive when I talked with them this morning

Not sure what I’m going to do but I’m going to have a couple of weeks of just me, my family and the dog. Might show volunteer for a bit but I think the main target will be to get back to hands on work. I don’t think I’m suited to managing.

Take it easy, and it could mean early retirement?!

Soldato
Take it easy, and it could mean early retirement?!
Not enough in the bank for that.

I had to pay for my mother’s care when she got early dementia.a couple of years back.

I’m gonna pay the rest of my mortgage off, then I could be comfortable on a lot less.

Plus I need a job to keep myself busy. I find myself sleeping better after I’ve been tooling away all day.

My friends son goes to army cadets and apparently they are looking for ex servicemen to volunteer as they have no one with proper experience.

Soldato
So big news,

The joys and job satisfaction of hands on shouldn't be overlooked.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
It's a hot evening here - 29°C at 9pm with a "feels like" temp of 34.8 degrees. Gimme some Brit winter weather, thx.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My second premolar cracked apart so bad only about 30% of the tooth was still there.

just one back corner of it left standing.
The dentist basically rebuilt the tooth over about 20 minutes, adding layer upon layer using the curing gun thing multiple times.

looks as good as new :O totally amazed that they tried to save it.

Man of Honour
Council proposing to close the recycling centre near me... after pushing through/green lighting substantial new housing developments in the area... citing a £100m hole in their finances... after spanking millions on vanity roadworks projects...

I can see it resulting in a massive increase in fly-tipping sadly and probably just end up costing the council more.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah its clone phone or similar, just a few clicks on the new and old phone and it goes across, the google account does the same sort of thing iirc
just a case of putting the app the new say oppo (mine) has on the old phone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom