This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
Sorry to hear of your losses my friend. Were you close to them? I was very young when all my grandparents died, so I never had the closeness I wanted. I have some Aunts, none are yet to pass away, I haven't seen them in decades.

I had to buy a new suit last year as a mate and old crewmate suddenly died. A surreal experience. But I'm also convinced my old, once fashionable, pinstripe suit had shrunk over the last few years.
Thank you :)
Was very close to my Grandmother. My aunty I was also fairly close to, though she was a married in aunt. Known her all my life and love her just as much as any other aunty but it's different to losing a grandmother for whole intents and purposes felt like mother

That funereal was yesterday and just as much as the church service and then the burial service were hardr
(though it was baltic so I was happy to be doing the shovelling) the actual day itself was a really nice celebration of her life and had family from all over the world come so she would've been proud!

Nice few days off of work now. Should probably get on the bike and burn off some of that food I had yesterday!

Soldato
Didn’t know what thread to post this in. Anyway….hello there.

IMG-2945.jpg

Soldato
Booked my root canal in for the 1st Feb, with a proper well recommended endodontist, so hoping it goes smoothly, as it's a front tooth which the front plate fell off and looks atrocious. Will cost me a grand though, so at least it's just after payday.

Soldato
I am back at work after moving to Wales. Just visited steam train cafe for lunch. Watched the local shoot ride past the house whilst sat at my desk shooting away. #countrylife.
Got me desk setup as it's actually a corner office desk like you'd see in insurance offices etc. huge... Got 2 monitor, 2 laptops, a printer, and a Tassimo machine on it. :D:D
Dog lying next to me, windup clock ticking away, surrounded by boxes with deliveries still to come. But my office overlooks the drive and the gates are open. It's surreal being able to say this stuff...

My house is sold, stuff moved and my god I was stressed!! Handed keys over with 10mins to go. Had to bin a load of decent stuff because of threats of breach of contract even though I asked everyone to ask the buyers if they wanted it because it was decent stuff and they could just have it. But someone screwed up because the buyers never got contacted.

New chapter begins.

Soldato
I am back at work after moving to Wales. Just visited steam train cafe for lunch. Watched the local shoot ride past the house whilst sat at my desk shooting away. #countrylife.
Got me desk setup as it's actually a corner office desk like you'd see in insurance offices etc. huge... Got 2 monitor, 2 laptops, a printer, and a Tassimo machine on it. :D:D
Dog lying next to me, windup clock ticking away, surrounded by boxes with deliveries still to come. But my office overlooks the drive and the gates are open. It's surreal being able to say this stuff...

My house is sold, stuff moved and my god I was stressed!! Handed keys over with 10mins to go. Had to bin a load of decent stuff because of threats of breach of contract even though I asked everyone to ask the buyers if they wanted it because it was decent stuff and they could just have it. But someone screwed up because the buyers never got contacted.

New chapter begins.
Pics my man, we need pics :D

Caporegime
We were moving to the runway when the ********* bloke on the plane puked on himself and his mates/Mrs called over flight attendant. We were possibly going to be the first ever ryanairflight to taken off early/ontime. Now 15+ mins delayed parked back at the terminal, as they get the disabled vehicle and wheelchair for him.

Paramedics already left him to it.

Why why would you interupt take off foe this. Why not wait till were 35k feet to point out your mate is ****** and its too late

Caporegime
Yesterday and the day before our neighbour's dog came charging into our garden, hooned around and left again. Having five cats we're not so keen on that, so my wife popped round to have a friendly word. Turns out that yesterday it came back with its tail between its legs and a bloody nose and said neighbour doesn't think it'll come into our garden again.

Feeling a weird kind of pride in our cat now.

Man of Honour
Just saw a huge dog which resembled a Shetland pony it was so big!

Biggest dog I’ve ever seen was a Russian Borzoi - ‘small horse’ size. It caused instant fear like I’d seen a big spider. It just looked and moved ‘wrong’… hard to explain!

Edit - some snaps from the web that sort of show what I mean…

9odYuYP.jpg

pPDExm2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom