This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
I take the hard drives out and bin the rest unless someone I know wants the kit. CBA to sell as the effort outweighs the gain most times.

I dont know how we survived with machinal drives and the early i5s and, it doesn't like windows 10

Soldato
Things happen slowly then all at once. 3 months to get the diagnosis for ADHD, 5 months more to get an appointment for assessment for medication, and then less 24 hours later I have my ADHD drugs. It's my birthday tomorrow and they don't play nicely with alcohol so I think I'll start them on Monday. Wish me luck.

How long did it take, from initial chat with GP to getting the ADHD testing done?

Man of Honour
Things happen slowly then all at once. 3 months to get the diagnosis for ADHD, 5 months more to get an appointment for assessment for medication, and then less 24 hours later I have my ADHD drugs. It's my birthday tomorrow and they don't play nicely with alcohol so I think I'll start them on Monday. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Out of curiosity, what led to getting that diagnosis? You saying “I think I have ADHD”, a psychologist making that assessment, or…?

Caporegime
How long did it take, from initial chat with GP to getting the ADHD testing done?

The system works differently here anyway but I went private for the diagnosis because I needed it done in English. It took a while to find anyone who could do it, but once we did it took about six weeks, IIRC. The wait otherwise would have been about 6 months.

Out of curiosity, what led to getting that diagnosis? You saying “I think I have ADHD”, a psychologist making that assessment, or…?

My sister got assessed in '22 as an adult so I looked into it, recognised a lot of the symptoms in myself, and scored high on the tests when self assessed so I went to a psychiatrist for a proper assessment.

Caporegime
*family friendly swearing rant*

GF's design studio has some products on display at the Paris design week, this month where we went a few years back on our aniversary to see the show and did eifel tower etc.

Was planning to propose there as we'd go to see the show, see her designs it would be our aniversary we could redo the eifel tower etc all pretty ace coincidences the earring she wants is also only available online (from a French shop in paris) in paris or in London so we could see in person etc

Company she's working with has since been a bit dickish and she cba going to see the show and it's all a bit spoiled so we aren't going (no worries nothing booked) but it has slightly scuppered plans.

Shed be happy with a proposal under a bridge next to a hobo camp if it meant us getting married so im not worried but dammit it had all lined up perfect :cry::mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
*family friendly swearing rant*

GF's design studio has some products on display at the Paris design week, this month where we went a few years back on our aniversary to see the show and did eifel tower etc.

Was planning to propose there as we'd go to see the show, see her designs it would be our aniversary we could redo the eifel tower etc all pretty ace coincidences the earring she wants is also only available online (from a French shop in paris) in paris or in London so we could see in person etc

Company she's working with has since been a bit dickish and she cba going to see the show and it's all a bit spoiled so we aren't going (no worries nothing booked) but it has slightly scuppered plans.

Shed be happy with a proposal under a bridge next to a hobo camp if it meant us getting married so im not worried but dammit it had all lined up perfect :cry::mad:
That's a shame :( Hobo camp it is then!

I think I've decided to sell my RS6 and use the money to finish the house... :( boo adulting

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still a bike nut then :D

Yeah it does :( But getting the house done is a bit of a priority and there's still value in the RS6 and it causes some running costs that would be nice to funnel in to something else.
I have a car license now!

But yes, riding a 200hp supercharged motorcycle through the snow is still one of the most exhilarating experiences a man can have.

What's a nice cheap car BTW apprently I need one to be an adult according to everyone.

Cheap and reliable and hold value for 1-2 years for resale when I move to Italy.

What need doing house wise?

Soldato
I have a car license now!

But yes, riding a 200hp supercharged motorcycle through the snow is still one of the most exhilarating experiences a man can have.

What's a nice cheap car BTW apprently I need one to be an adult according to everyone.

Cheap and reliable and hold value for 1-2 years for resale when I move to Italy.

What need doing house wise?
You could always buy my RS6? ;)

Depends how cheap you want to go, honestly I'm far from a motors lurker, if you're spending like 5 or 6k you can get yourself something very sound. What used to cost 1k now seem to cost 3k its ridiculous.

Need a new kitchen, I've got the kitchen money set aside but also need a new front door, windows (in the kitchen) and to completely re-board and plaster the kitchen etc :( Think I've got about 30k to spend in the next year or so.

Caporegime
Yea sub 5k is realistic i dont really gove a **** about cars she has one in italy so for the uk its more just tempoary practicality as a bike isn't always optimal. Guessing a pontiac t top firebird is out of the question at that range? :p

Oof yeah plastering isn't one of those things you can do yourself to save on. There's a level of skill that only comes from ******* up on somone else's dime.

Get yourself a nice carbon steel pan 30 quid does everything except tomatoes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea sub 5k is realistic i dont really gove a **** about cars she has one in italy so for the uk its more just tempoary practicality as a bike isn't always optimal. Guessing a pontiac t top firebird is out of the question at that range? :p

Oof yeah plastering isn't one of those things you can do yourself to save on. There's a level of skill that only comes from ******* up on somone else's dime.

Get yourself a nice carbon steel pan 30 quid does everything except tomatoes.
I have taught myself how to plaster and did the living room and the bedroom but honestly, I'll do the office and guest room but the kitchen I want to look real nice and I honestly can't be bothered, I'm already doing everything else (apart from plumbing).

Honestly for sub 5k for practicality, I'd consider a Skoda Yeti, I really think they're cool. Or potentially a Superb.

Caporegime
I have taught myself how to plaster and did the living room and the bedroom but honestly, I'll do the office and guest room but the kitchen I want to look real nice and I honestly can't be bothered, I'm already doing everything else (apart from plumbing).

Honestly for sub 5k for practicality, I'd consider a Skoda Yeti, I really think they're cool. Or potentially a Superb.
Fair does that's impressive I've tried it and am convinced its voodoo.

That car look hideous but I guess that helps make it cheap. Does it rust tonearm if exposed to enough road salt to make a greater skid hazard than the ice its pteventing
The Superb looks very nice though and prsctical

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair does that's impressive I've tried it and am convinced its voodoo.

That car look hideous but I guess that helps make it cheap. Does it rust tonearm if exposed to enough road salt to make a greater skid hazard than the ice its pteventing
The Superb looks very nice though and prsctical
You can't go wrong with either, I also really like the Superb. Nearly bought one a couple of years ago and honestly wish I had.

Soldato
That awkward moment you see your ex with someone new but you’re also with someone new and the 2 new people also know each other :p
I can beat that... Or my mum can! She had a kid with a guy, he then went and had another kid with another woman. My mum then had a kid with a different guy... Guy goes off and has another kid with the second woman.

My half sister's half sister, has a half sister who is also my other half sister's half sister.

Currently sat on our friend's sofa counselling her through the middle to late stage of separating her marriage and sorting out finances and planning divorce etc. Fun times.

Caporegime
I can beat that... Or my mum can! She had a kid with a guy, he then went and had another kid with another woman. My mum then had a kid with a different guy... Guy goes off and has another kid with the second woman.

My half sister's half sister, has a half sister who is also my other half sister's half sister.

I am so confused! lol

Back
Top Bottom