This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
As i am a complete idiot, in addition to the jiu jitsu, i went to a striking class tonight. It was fun, even though i got punched in the face (once, hard).

It was just as physically draining as jiu jitsu, but in a different way.

At this rate i will be either super fit or chronically injured by june.

Soldato
Went to dentist today about my tooth. It's a cusp fracture (only on surface according to x-ray). Opted for an extraction later this month as the alternative is a temp filling - then extraction if that fails.

Had root canal on it 2-3 years ago and didn't opt for a cap on it. Thus made it weaker https://www.gentledentalcaregroup.c...reason the tooth may,feedback it used to have. Plus no nerve - no pain.

Hate dental work done as it is. Hopefully extracting it would reduce dental visits in the future.

Went to dentist today about my tooth. It's a cusp fracture (only on surface according to x-ray). Opted for an extraction later this month as the alternative is a temp filling - then extraction if that fails.

Had root canal on it 2-3 years ago and didn't opt for a cap on it. Thus made it weaker https://www.gentledentalcaregroup.co.uk/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-root-canal-treatment#:~:text=The reason the tooth may,feedback it used to have. Plus no nerve - no pain.

Hate dental work done as it is. Hopefully extracting it would reduce dental visits in the future.
Yeah, just get it over with. No point prolonging the pain if you don't have to.

Soldato
Much like the above post, ive got a broken tooth that was filled and is now been giving me intense pain for the last few days. I'm was probably hours away from smashing something with a hammer as im in that much pain and i cant get an appointment until next week. Im currently hopped up a double dose of ibuprofen and codeine tablets, mixed with paracetmol, asprin and and half a litre of vodka to numb the pain. Side note, feeling almost pain free and feeling buzzed!

Last edited:
Associate
Im currently hopped up a double dose of ibuprofen and codeine tablets, mixed with paracetmol, asprin and and half a litre of vodka to numb the pain.
I don't want to turn this into a medical thread, so this is all I'll say, but you can't take ibuprofen and aspirin simultaneously.

A whisky-soaked cotton bud applied to the broken tooth has a good numbing effect.

Last edited:
Soldato
As got a Argos gift card from my credit card. Wanted an item. Was out of stock. Gave email address to get updates.

It’s in stock at a Argos inside Sainsburys 75 miles away.

25 miles is my limit

That’s not in stock according to me!

Soldato
Reported a stranded seal pup this afternoon , tourists have a habit of putting them back in the water and its not the right thing to do, amazing how quickly i had emails and calls for updates , it was in a cave that would be flooded at high tide but i hung around and spotted the parent (probably) that had most likely returned for it.
anyway that's the most i could do really and can think of worse ways to spend my day

Soldato

Had root canal on it 2-3 years ago and didn't opt for a cap on it. Thus made it weaker https://www.gentledentalcaregroup.co.uk/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-root-canal-treatment#:~:text=The reason the tooth may,feedback it used to have. Plus no nerve - no pain.

unfortunately i have multiple fractures due to my really bad teeth grinding , too many to extract, i would end up toothless tbh so i use the water flosser and the corsodil mouthwash , my last infection was pretty bad though so been even stricter with my cleaning regime
i try to avoid extractions tbh

Soldato
Popped into Halfords earlier as I needed something...not urgent but still needed.

I picked up what I needed and both tils were occupied with getting the hard sell for Halfords Club or whatever it is...yup ill skip it!

Soldato
Don't like the x-ray plate holder they put in my mouth as makes me gag.

For the record, speak to your Dentist and ask if they do the alternative X-Ray, or if they have a partnership with another practice that does. I have a really sensitive gag reflex, and physically couldn't do a clear enough X-Ray for my dentist, so he sent me to another local one which had one that I popped my chin something, and some machine around my head and it did it clearly for £50.

Soldato
Just got back from buying a suit. I’ve got two funerals to attend; this Friday for my grandmother and next Friday for my aunty.

Had my head in the sand the last few weeks but now the reality is coming I just feel like running away and hiding for eternity.

Fortunately, I have a week off of work after tomorrow so will hopefully take my daughter to Birmingham aquarium. Should put a smile on her face and mine.

Associate
Just got back from buying a suit. I’ve got two funerals to attend; this Friday for my grandmother and next Friday for my aunty.
Sorry to hear of your losses my friend. Were you close to them? I was very young when all my grandparents died, so I never had the closeness I wanted. I have some Aunts, none are yet to pass away, I haven't seen them in decades.

I had to buy a new suit last year as a mate and old crewmate suddenly died. A surreal experience. But I'm also convinced my old, once fashionable, pinstripe suit had shrunk over the last few years.

Last edited:
Soldato
For the record, speak to your Dentist and ask if they do the alternative X-Ray, or if they have a partnership with another practice that does. I have a really sensitive gag reflex, and physically couldn't do a clear enough X-Ray for my dentist, so he sent me to another local one which had one that I popped my chin something, and some machine around my head and it did it clearly for £50.
They have a dentist about 6 miles from here where they refer complex issues to. My mum had a tooth extracted between two crowns. She had it removed at this dentist - even though it’s private and paid NHS band 2 (£70.70) at our dentists.

My dentist is NHS and private. So can go for private crowns etc.

If they want to see a couple of teeth and surrounding gums, the

Back
Top Bottom