This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
Went for a walk this afternoon. Saw a local woman walking her dog. With an owl perched on her shoulder. As you do.

Heh.

Many years ago I was waiting to cross the road in Cardiff when a van drove past. There was a huge Eagle owl sat in the passenger seat and its head rotated around, with its eyes fixed on me, as the van passed. Very disconcerting.

Soldato
My mum died yesterday. She was diagnosed with lung cancer 6 years ago, and was generally ok apart from the past 12-18 months. The last 6 months in particular were not good, she hadn't left her house for months, was constantly sick and bed bound. It became difficult to make contact with her, she started refusing treatment/hospital.

She appears to have died in her sleep, or at least she was in bed when she was found.

I am still in shock. I've been keeping myself busy by trying to get things in order, even simple things like cancelling her Netflix, her milk deliveries etc. Burst into tears whilst on the phone to EE cancelling her phone contract.

My dad died in 2008, that was bad. But this feels so much worse. She's done so much for me. And her final gift will be me inheriting more money than I've ever had. I'll be able to clear my debts and hopefully finally buy a house. 25% of my salary each month is paying off debt, and that will be gone. I will be forever thankful. Thanks mum

Sorry, just feels good sharing sometimes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My mum died yesterday. She was diagnosed with lung cancer 6 years ago, and was generally ok apart from the past 12-18 months. The last 6 months in particular were not good, she hadn't left her house for months, was constantly sick and bed bound. It became difficult to make contact with her, she started refusing treatment/hospital.

She appears to have died in her sleep, or at least she was in bed when she was found.

I am still in shock. I've been keeping myself busy by trying to get things in order, even simple things like cancelling her Netflix, her milk deliveries etc. Burst into tears whilst on the phone to EE cancelling her phone contract.

My dad died in 2008, that was bad. But this feels so much worse. She's done so much for me. And her final gift will be me inheriting more money than I've ever had. I'll be able to clear my debts and hopefully finally buy a house. 25% of my salary each month is paying off debt, and that will be gone. I will be forever thankful. Thanks mum

Hey SS, sorry to hear that and for your great loss and I remember her and what a nice lady she was when we met. My deepest condolences.

Last edited:

So sorry to hear that :(

Soldato

Very sorry to hear it, worst thing I've ever been through losing my mum. She had similar issues in the her few months, COPD so lots of lung issues. My only consolation is that I knew she was no longer in pain. Hope you can remember all the good times.

Last edited:

Deleted member 266365

D

Deleted member 266365

Sorry to read your sad news. Sounds like life wasn't great for her over the last few months :(

Take care of yourself.

Soldato
Kids say the funniest things.

Today, a song came on the radio and I said to my wife "is that Dire Straits?"

Quick as a flash, my youngest said "no, it's diarrhoea."

Soldato
Grrrr, i ordered a Pool Robot cleaner thing around 3 weeks ago, and a big selling point is that it is compatible with a device which sits on the pool surface, records PH levels etc and also communicates with the device underwater as bluetooth/Wifi can't get through water.

Turns out they've decided to not release the extra unit. Luckily my order still hasn't shipped so i can cancel it, but it's hugely annoying!

Whoop, after cancelling the order i continued to mull over how important controlling the robot underwater was. They then had a "sale" where the robot was reduced from €1500 to €1049. Not a great bargain since it's always been "reduced" down to €1099 anyway.

I added it to my basket but for some reason it only added the €450 "discount", i then added the item again and it added at €1049 but with €450 off. So i snapped it up. I've just had a shipping notification so all is good on that side. At €600 i can live with technology moving on and picking up something better in the future.

I also tried the same trick for the skimmer robot which floats on the surface. It should be €470 but they accepted the order/payment at €20 after the €450 discount. If that gets honoured too i'll be ecstatic!

Caporegime
Working weekend...Anyone else?
It's nearly always so quiet , with a 2h Lunch break and copious amounts of sitting in the sun lol.
I really shouldn't complain I guess!!

Sorry to hear about mum's passing....
It's something I dread in the future.
Not too soon I hope.

Soldato
didn't realise the Dave Myers rip thread wasn't on here so post here as well as it may pass your way ...................

its the Dave day today memorial ride https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c722j5gp65jo

Dave Day route​

The event titled ‘I’m having a Dave Day!’ is raising money for two charities, The Institute for Cancer Research, London and Childline.

The timings for the event are as follows - timings are an estimate and may be subject to change due to traffic and other factors:

• 8am - Ace Café London Ace Corner, London
  • 9am - 9.30am - Welcome Break Services Oxford - M40
  • 10.45am - 11.15am - National Motorcycle Museum, Coventry Road, Bickenhill, Solihull
  • 12.30pm - 1pm - Moto Services, Northbound, Knutsford - M6
  • 2.30pm - 3pm - Moto Services, Burton in Kendal - M6
  • 3.45pm - Town Hall, Barrow - Duke St, Barrow-in-Furness
Thousands of supporters are expected in Barrow to show their love and appreciation to Dave.

Council officials have released details on road closures ahead of Saturday.

Caporegime
Currently sitting in Burger King, just as i got my food and sat down someone in his 60’s or so came through the door and went straight to me and said “I am hungry, can you buy me some food?” I looked at him and half of what he said hasn’t really set in and gave him a blank look. He asked again “I am hungry, can you buy me some food?”

I looked at his brand new clean (beige colour) coat, clean jeans, and trainers that are more expensive and newer than mine and he also had a newish sling bag over his shoulder, and said “No”.

He then walked over to a group of elderly people and asked the same thing…who told him no and then he walked out.

WTH.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently sitting in Burger King, just as i got my food and sat down someone in his 60’s or so came through the door and went straight to me and said “I am hungry, can you buy me some food?” I looked at him and half of what he said hasn’t really set in and gave him a blank look. He asked again “I am hungry, can you buy me some food?”

I looked at his brand new clean (beige colour) coat, clean jeans, and trainers that are more expensive and newer than mine and he also had a newish sling bag over his shoulder, and said “No”.

He then walked over to a group of elderly people and asked the same thing…who told him no and then he walked out.

WTH.
@moon man ?

Back
Top Bottom